1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paddy meets Vikky or vice versa.... :) !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

It was a himalayan task, wait wait I am seeing a figure in front of me
    , Oh ! It is none other than me! It is laughing at me asking "You have been writing so many, but not yet won. Ha! Ha! Ha! it laughed. I brushed aside its mockery saying, "No problem , I will !"

I told myself "Aye Paddy! you go ahead!!! :thumbsup

So now the story begins:
    Screen play & Direction: Paddy
    Editing: DS.
    Now Dear ladies, I request you all one thing. Please stand up, put your right leg to the front and now begin to sing with me, vikram, Vikram!!! (like the song in film 'Vikram', acted by Kamal Hassan)
    Thanks a lot and please sit. Now start reading my post.

The screen unfolds:
    It was Mahalaya Amavasya day, beginning of Navarathri. From my childhood I have great affinity for this festival. On these days I will become like a child in keeping the dolls and making arrangements, doing pooja and I do not want to miss any thing. This year we wanted to take part in the Kolu contest also. Luckily, my DIL is also very much interested and does hand works nicely. I am as a traffic constable can shake hands(giving instructions) but cannot do anything. This time we decided to exibhit a theme, 'Classical dances of India". For that we were discussing about the materials.
    Knock! Knock! the door was knocked. Getting irritated by the interference, I got up. There I saw gentleman standing with an envelope. He asked me " Madam, I am from the Vikatan office to hand over this invitation to Mrs. Padmini .After saying thanks to him I opened the invitaion.
    WOW!! I was in cloud nine! It is the invitation for 'Lunch with Vikram'. Only hundred people were selected among the people all over Tamilnadu who sent slogans describing Vikram.
    Emergency meeting was called. My DH said with a sigh of relief, "you have spent huge amount only one week before when we went for Maddy's party, so now you won't ask money for that. is itn't?" I was thinking deeply and came out with a novel idea. I disclosed my opinion. "This time I am going in the getup of Vikram himself. Ya, I am going to dress up like his movies' get up. would it be nice?" I was eagerly asking my DIL, DS and DH. Quickly, my DH replied," Very good idea. you can go in the get up of later half of Sedhu. You can go as such no extra fitting necessary. "I gave him a stern look, looked up and down, in Vadivelu's tone "Nakkalu hmm" (In that film Vikram would have acted as a mentally disabled person). After some discussions I decided to go as usual.
    The day arrived. I got up early, finished my Navaratri pooja and left home. After reaching the Hotel Green park, I parked my car and was busily walking, I saw one man fastly approaching me. OH!! My God as my son predicted this man is coming to sign me for a film. In that case what should I do, with these thoughts I approached that man. That man told me, "Madam, this entrance is for press people. You please come by that side madam". I looked here and there, thank God, nobody was near and I wiped my face with a hanky.
    I sat in the first row. I saw other guests sitting and giggling. One girl from Sun tv approached me and put the question "At this age how come you are taking part in this show?" Poor girl, without knowing the consequences, she touched my weak point. I asked her, "Why, I am only three years older to you". She took it sportively and laughed.
    Excatly at 11'o clock, hero of the day entered. After all the rustling and hustling, question session began. My turn came, I stood up and shot this question
    "If you become the Chief minister of Tamilnadu what will you do for the welfare of the people. I was patting myself thinking that I cornered this man with "Dil" into "DHOOL"
    (for those who are unware of films, these are the films in which Vikram acted)
    But without hesitation, he gave the reply, Aunty,(here also aunty, next time I am going to wear pant or skirts, I made this decision) I will take necessary steps to prevent corruption and swindling. I will see poor eligible candidates getting admission to the proffessional colleges without shedding a pie. Am I right aunty?" He finished his answer. I was looking at him with great admiration and at that time he looked like a "SAMY" to me.
    Among the hundred slogans they had selected 3 slogans. One lady came to the mike and announced
    " The first prize goes to Mrs Padmini ! " I could not believe my ears. I went to collect my prize. The pity is the stage was too high for me to climb. In my excitement my legs were also not cooperating. Seeing me struggling....guess who came to my rescue...... none other than our great hero Vikram came lifted me up and handed over the prize.(In the morning papers the news came Vikram cancelled all shootings because of his hand got hairline fracture!!! :rotfl) So many flash lights flooding on me !!!
    When all wanted to take a snap with Vikram, one man came and ordered as if he is president Obama, "No individual photo, only by group you are allowed" I got annoyed and asked him why?! Hearing my voice, you won't believe, Vikram himself came, hugged me (thinking me as his motherRant) and asked the photographer to take a snap. He told me "You are special aunty", I floated in the air and came to my place. Lunch was served, being Navarathri, I could not taste any thing. But who cares? though my stomach was empty my heart was full having seen an actor with humanity.
    Wait ! Picture abhi baki hain... (like SRK in OSO). Next day I received many phone calls from my friends, saying, my photo with Vikram has been as a poster for Anandha Vikatan that week's issue, that too throughout Chennai !!!!!
    Ring, ring......The phone is ringing . It must me from Mani Ratnam I guess, asking me to do a role in his forthcoming film "Ravana"!!!!!!! I guess obviously as younger sister role to Aish in that file, so I will attend the call and catch up with you all later. Bye! bye!!!! :wave
    With love
    pad.
    P.S: 1) The slogan I wrote about Vikram is:( within 4 words we have to describeVikram) thiramai, ilamai, inimai, pudumai. How is it? (read this in Rajni style)
    2) We also won in the Kolu contest and bagged the 1st prize among the areas K K Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Virugambakkam, Valasarawakkam & Vadapalani. Our Kolu photo along with me and my DIL came in Arcot Times & Valasai Times :)

1 person likes this.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Padmini aunty
    really hilarious , you got your style and we enjoy reading, but missing the pics , but as per IL rules we cant expect also.. never mind when i meet you i can view all those pics... conrgats for winning the slogam contest and kolu contest... muliti talented aunty ... i just cant stop laughing when you said next time you are gonna wear skirt or jeans... and especially when you mentioned just 3 yrs elder to her...spontaneous answer:rotfl:rotfl

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear vahee,
    you made my day by giving first lovely feed back. your words are very motivating to stick on to my style. thank you dear for your encouraging and excellent feedback.
    i will definitely show you the pics.
    with love
    pad.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paddy

Enjoyed your write up. Hilarious one. After reading this I am waiting when I will get the chance to come and meet you. Congrats on winning the slogan contest and kolu contest. Direction was good . Only thing could not see the photos. You wrote so well that felt as if we are seeing it live.

love
    viji

5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini,

WOW!!! that was a great narration of an equally great encounter :) I was literally rolling with laughter :rotfl

As Vikky said you are a special person. You have brightened my day with your hilarious post and thank you so much for that. Can you please post both the photos, the one with Vikky and your kolu ? I feel like seeing the person who writes these amazingly beautiful stories. :)

And regarding winning, I am sure something exciting is waiting for you :thumbsup

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    you are always there with your sweet appreciating words. i am so happy with your words of motivation. thank you very much for your encouraging feed back.
    with love
    pad.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sriveda,
    dear i literally feel so happy when you say that my post made your day.i am flying in the air because your words of praise. regarding the foto, i can send you personally. thank you for your motivating words. i will feel happy if your words come true. thank you so much dear.
    with love
    pad.

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Amma,

That was another entertaining post from you! Loved it from the start to the finish.:)

Admired the way you've replied to the staff from SunTv and the timely question to Vikram too!

Loved this line too...

Since I've seen all the photos, I can imagine the happiness and excitement you must have experienced at that moment. Especially when Vikram tried to help you come on stage...!! :thumbsup

Amma, since many of the IL'ites would like to see your photo with Vikram and also the Kolu Photo..I suggest one thing.

Try to upload these photos to your "Private Album" in your Profile page. That way your friends can view this album (please make it Private), that way only your friends will be able to see that.

Also, include the Vikatan cover in that album along with the other photos with Vikram, which triggered off so many phone calls for you!! Big Laugh

Waiting for your next meet with Prashanth...!! :hiya

Love
    Jithiks

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear jithiks,
    i do not have words to express my happiness on seeing your lovely motivating feed back. as you suggest, i will do that. but the thing is after seeing my photo,
    what their reaction would be!!!!!thank you very much dear for your lovely and nice fb.
    with love
    amma.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

As Jithiks has mentioned send the photo in your private album. We all will be waiting to see u. We love you as you are.

love
    viji