1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mouth watering (sticking) Cookies...!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

After finishing my daily routine, I was going through a "Ladies special" magazine. One dish attracted me very much, the” Lemonade cookies". Immediately, I wanted to try that. Before that, let us go through a flashback, my hubby used to tease me like this "Six months you have been doing IL, but what is the use you cannot even come half way through like Smt. Chitra madam's popularity, fame and the attraction.” I adore Chitra, but these remarks of my DH provoked a little anger in me.
    Now the lady luck smiled at me and to prove myself, I saw a chance through this recipe. I made a decision, yeah! Let me try this cookie, post it, in a step by step manner in IL, so that I can become like her at least to some extent.
    I ran (like a teenage girl) and told him my decision. My DH's immediate reaction was "Oh no" (he recollected the walking incident) and bluntly refused. After much coaxing, he agreed to get the things necessary. He asked me to give the list. I prepared a long list (perhaps longest ever…:)) and gave him.
    He went through the list and in wonder he asked me "What the hell? Why do you need new aprons?" I too began to shout, "See, you want me to become like chitvish ma’am, I have to take photos step by step". Then my DH added, "For taking the photos of the new dish, why do YOU need new apron?” I replied, "I want to look professional and could share the pictures with my DD and DS, me cooking the dish and hence I need that”. Now, grinning his teeth (false teeth only!! :hiya), he went to get those things for me.
    In the meantime, as usual I started doing my IL, imagining so many queries and feedbacks asking about the dish. Just then my DH entered with all the things, me busy doing my IL, I asked him to keep the flour in the kitchen, after one hour I got up from seat and proceeded to my reign (kitchen.)
    Before that I wore my new apron, applied a light makeup and entered the kitchen. Imagining myself as desi Rachel Ray, I poured all the ingredients in a tawa. So large the quantity was, I thought it could not be put in a Microwave at one go. So I decided to divide it into three parts and put it in the Microwave in a very stylish way.
    Ten minutes gone..., I smelt something burning and to my horror saw something black inside the Microwave. Alas, what happened to my Microwave? The coil was burning, and with a loud shriek :eekI switched off the Microwave. My DH, amidst his nice afternoon nap, came running :spin ,"What happened to the oven. So you have done it again." I told......."BAH, BAH....” and was not in a mood to hear or fight. Without a word to him, I poured the remaining portions in Kadai. My silence provoked him and shouted, “Stop doing", he showed his anger now. I was sincerely stirring the ingredients. It was slowly getting into a halwa consistency. But, Alas!!!! Within a second all became a thick mass. I poured some water. But, water was standing separately, like a new DIL, in MIL'S house. Adding more and more water became worse. Top of it, the ladle refused to come out of the mass. I kept trying it but in vain. Now my man, the one and only DH came to my rescue. But the ladle was in so love of it that it never wanted to come out of the kadai.
    I immediately put it in a bag and took it to the welding shop. He demanded Rs.200. Thinking of the sentimental value I have with the kadai, I agreed to pay. He used hammer, all sorts of other tools, not an inch the ladle budged, in a very casual way he said, “Only by welding it can be done, but for that you have to pay extra money". What to do now and I were in a fix, “To give or not to give”, (like the similar quote from Hamlet, ‘To be or not to be’) but the work should be done. After some bargain, I gave him Rs. 300, and with the broken heart, dreams, kadai, and at last with the ladle I returned home.
    As soon as I entered home, my DIL asked me," Did you see the starch powder packet which I had kept it in the kitchen near the stove? It was a big packet, because so many dress to be starched." Again small flash back here: When I was about to enter the kitchen my DH warned me to wear my specs. I brushed aside that wearing specs makes me look aged. Oh!!" Now I realized where did it go wrong?"

With these thoughts I realized and started to cry out loud thinking of my Kadai and the happenings, seeing me shouting my DIL took two steps behind looking perplexed (poor she does not know what really happened). Also I have again given a chance for my DH to pull my leg for six more months. So my theory to eat delicious cookies is, wait I can hear all ILs shouting, " If this lady comes with another theory we will Rantbefore that I am :hide:
    So friends, we will meet soon, if you permit me to produce more theories!! Till then bye!!!!!
    With love
    Pad.
    <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt; height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--><!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1028" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt;height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--><!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1029" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:21pt;height:12.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image003.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_spin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:23.25pt;height:15pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image004.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/rant.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--><!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:19.5pt;height:26.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image005.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/hide.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009

2. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Dear Padmini mam,

I am not able to control my laughter hahahahahahahahha please there r tears rolling down my cheeck without my knowledge the office boy is confused seeing me like this is she crying or laughing should i inform anybody here regarding her behaviour but i must really say ur really a very good & great writer in a very simple words u narrated it so well,please tell ur dh i am a very big fan/ac of urs i just love reading ur blogs & fbs uhhh please i am still laughing give me a break oh god the of idea of cooking in kadai that too the sentiment one, the ladle plssss i cant take it hhahahaha, the ladle god gracious the water is like DIL outstanding in MIL house i read the post probably more than 5 times had fun reading it. Hugs to u. Keep posting

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear Priya, thank you for your lovely, motivating, encouraging ( what more to add)feed back. I am really in cloud nine by your compliment, that too whole-heartedly
    dear, thank you very
    much.
    with love
    pad.

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear padmini aunty,
    :rotfl:rotfl.. I can clearly see how IL has influenced every one's day to day life.I loved the part where you wanted a new apron to try new dishes...Sorry that the recipe dint come out well..Better luck next time..Just a thought,we are eager to see the vadam preparation step-by-step.. :mrgreen:

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear supriya,
    thank you for your lovely and nicefb. we become addicted to IL because of friends like you and the recognition it gives. very happy that you enjoyed the post.Ready for vadam prepararion with new apron. nan ready. neeready a photo edukka.thank you.
    with love
    pad.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear padmini
    Now I must thank Krithika to force you to write here, and you listened to her or we would have got such lovely hilarous posts from you. Another funny situation, it was just great reading this, many of us like to share all success stories but even after the dish didn't turn out good still you made is so cheerfully.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

That was a hilarious post.Enjoyed reading every line and what comparisons. As Aruna says it was nice of Krithika to make you write in IL otherwise we would have missed a wonderful writer. Hats off to you:thumbsup

When I started reading I thought I will be seeing you with apron and the mouth water cookies in photos in the end. Anyway though I did not get the cookies your post itself was like eating the cookies. Waiting for your next step by step recipie. All the best.

After not getting the recipie right also you have written about it shows the pure heart in you.

love you my dear
    viji

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear Arunarc,
    thank you for your lovely post. you have clearly caught my point. in sharing things like this you will not do the mistakes, i did, and secondly take everything in the positive way. you got it. i am happy that i brought smile.
    with love
    pad.

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    thank you for your lovely fb. what a coincidence, after finishing the fb to your post, i came to my postand i saw yourfb. you can see me in apron when you come to madras and with cookies also!!!sharing my experience in ILgives me pleasure that is why i shared with you all.
    with love
    pad.

10. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi padmini
    Your theory was too good only the practical part was a bit sticky.:)
    Like batting on asticky wicket.
    A humourus post.
    Though i think You must be very good Cookies maker actually. :)