1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If I were a Butterfly...!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Mar 13, 2009.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

I always like long FBs dear Mindi, Thanks.

I passed your hug and kiss to the little zoo keeper and as usual offlate, he squirmed under the hug. Why do kids grow up?:bang
    As you mentioned, the firt thing I ask my 2 best friends...is what the other classmates are doing and where are they. During this trip, I had to attend a betrothal ceremony of a relative and happened to see 2 of my schoolmates there...who were beauty queens in school,.... now multiplied to 10 times their physical proportion and both home queens now. Hmm...

So you are a CA (I thought you were a teacher after reading abt your tuition in anoyher thread sometime back.) I really:rotfl when I imagined you running behind your brother and you reminded me of my sweet little brother... And also your DH , poor man....not able to keeping up with these kids' everchanging seasonal desires. So pop singer turned Engineer?? Best of Luck. Nowadays kids can enjoy both the worlds...mainly because the new generation parents (I call us NGPs) have more confidence in our kids and ready to let them pursue their dreams. What do you say Mindi.

Thanks for your presence here, my friend.

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

Loved reading your post ." What would you liked to be when you grow up"? This is generally the second question asked to every kid after, "Who do you love more, Mom or Dad?" And the answers to both questions keep varying according to circumstances.

When I was a kid I would look at my domestic help in complete stupefaction and once told my Dad, who had great expectations from me that " I want to be a bai?'' . I dont have words to express the look on his face but I was smiling gleefully having made up my mind what I wanted to do in life.

Vijee I really like this butterfly in IL. She is extremely essential to add more beauty this place. An essential accessory in IL.So thankyou for flitting around.:)

Great post yaar. Loved it.

Love,
    Devika

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

My dear Thulasi,
    Lovely to see you here. And thanks.

hahaha actually my mom wanted me to be a teacher, since she comes from a family of teacher (her parents, siblings, sister inlaw ) and she feels that teaching is a very apt profession for ladies with reasonable timings and ample rest in the holidays. Even today she expresses her disappointment that I rejected the seat in a government teacher training school after my 10th standard. (But I dont regret it since I know that teaching is not my cup of tea. My sister consoled her by becoming a secondary school teacher.)

RJ! :2thumbsup: Really good, enthusiastic, energetic desire. My best wishes to you dear.

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

I consider each of the FB as 'the best', and please dont bother about the order. Your presence here is a pleasure to me Thulasi. Thank you again.

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

I like it when you all share your little dreams and desires...
    And I loved the little Buddha...seeking enlightment. Your posts show that your are enlightened certainly to some degree and you always are ready to share your wisdom with us...which Buddha did.

Your mentioning about your son, has rekindled the umpteen times I have pressed my amma's calf muscles. After I got married and came to live in Singapore, she always says that my siblings or appa is not good like me in pressing away her pains.

You are right .....I am trying to let go...and let my son blossom to whatever he wishes to be...God willing.

Thank you Jaya.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaishree thank you for the lovely feedback.

You are right...the exposure of today's children are much much more than my time and the opportunities are also abundant. Personally I feel that medicine, engineering or administration will not be that great if one really doesnt have interest in pursuing them. I know doctors turned dancers, engineers turned actors here. They always tell that they studied because of family pressure but their true interest lied in dancing/acting. (I secretly blame them that by doing so, they have wasted a seat that would have been used by a needy candidate who has had real dreams of becoming a doc or Eng)

I have not seen the Aviva ad since I do not get to see Indian channels here and I do not subscribe to cable TV. Will dig it in You tube.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear DM

Thank you for your presence here and lovely feedback.

Now that you have mentioned , I should write a new thread about the FAQ who do you love the most, MOM or Dad? I hated the question. 2 years back on a trip to home, one of my cousins asked the question to my son and my little one made her speechless by answering..."Oh I love Me the most!Big Laugh".

I could not imagine your Dad's expression as you came out with your little piece of wisdom. And logically thinking...you have become what you wanted to be. By your counseling, you are an essential help to many minds, cleaning the unwanted mental clutters.

And thank you for secreting the tasty nectars and letting me taste it when I am hungry....!

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji

Enjoyed reading your post. As Devika says children are always asked what they want to become and whom they like most. In our times because of financial problems many children could not become what they wanted to become. But now a days since both husband and wife are earning children can become whatever they want. Some parents dont ask their children what they want to become but they decide what their children want to become.

My second brother wanted to become an Engineer but due to financial problems he could not become Engineer but he became graduate and held high post in the Company. I also wanted to be a graduate but could not study . So joined as a Typist, then became a Steno and later became Senior Assistant and was looking after Bank Reconciliation of the whole Company. That was a big job . So was very happy.

Sorry for boring you.

love
    viji

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijiamma,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and no, no, certainly you have not bored us at all by sharing your insight.
    Yes the financial limitation is a hurdle till now to many aspirations in the lower income families. But I hope the scenario is changing slowing thanks to many charity trusts and kind hearts to pay back to the society. But some times some parents refuse help in the name of pride and thus they put an obstacle to their children's future.bonk
    And your other point that the parents deciding the studies for their children...is mainly for maintaining their social status among their circle although they may want to abide by their kid's wishes. But we are seeing some changes in that trend too. May be the kids are too determined which is the reason for the change...I dont know.

Very happy to know about your job. Definitely you have done great. :thumbsup

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vijee,
    Enjoyed reading the original and the fbs too..

I was also faced with the same question...I would proudly answer as a Doctor...well you know..I am a home maker..but I didn't take it seriously at the appropriate time...still I wanted to be a psychiatrist...love to observe people and their reactions..
    My eldest one, when she was asked this question at the elementary level, she wants to be a teacher...at the middle school level, she wants to be a doctor..and now in the high school..she wants to be a singer and a doctor..
    My second daughter says she wants to become a psychiatrist..(pointing me..of course)..
    My son changes his profession each and everytime..from an astronaut, weather reporter, teacher, cardiologist...etc..
    Let's wait and see..

I loved your last para..:thumbsup

sriniketan