1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

theory to look slim

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

I was there in the doctor's clinic, sitting and waiting eagerly to know his opinion about my severe leg pain. I was looking at his face biting my nails.'Bad habit" he shouted. one second I was taken aback then i realized that he was talking about my nail biting. After a brief silence,he said, madam, your feet is too small to bear your weight. that is why your legs are paining. So no problem otherwise. Indirectly and in a decent way he told me to reduce my weight. Oh GOD! I have to take immediate steps.

At night myself, my hubby, son and daughter in law had an emergency meeting. I brushed aside the idea of crash diet because i cannot resist my temptation. My DH, ( he has the boon of looking trim even at this age) told me " from tomorrow you do walking. get up early and come with me. The very idea irritated me because i hate walking. somehow or other i started giving lame excuses by saying " I want track suit, boots etc. To my astonishment, my hubby got in the next day itself.

Morning he woke me up. I got up and wore the dress. Suddenly a transformation occured in me. I imagined myself as Suhasini and Ilayaraja, began to play the tunes.(Playing "paruvame paruvame song). So i started walking with my DH (not actor Mohan). When we came out, we saw our neighbour's dog. Usually it would be very friendly with me,but seeing me in that outfit made him to think me as an alien, he started growling. First, I spoke to him in a friendly way. but he was not in a mood to accept me. He pounced on me. With a loud cry,I started running, without paying heed to my hubby's words. So I ran (like Parasakthi heroine) until i was hit by something i felt i was going into something. Next moment i lost consciousness.

When i opened my eyes i saw my legs hanging in the air. Mydh, son, dil. were standing by me. I understood that I was in the bed of a in a nursing home. As soon as I opened my eyes my dh, started shouting," I told you not to run . now see what happened." I was under the impression he was worried about the fracture in my legs. My son told me in a whisper, "amma, when you are running you hit a standing auto. It bent down in the front that automan is demanding money for the repair. Hearing this, I closed my eyes as if i am in trance.

After three months rest my legs became alright. My husband was saying for your walking i spent 30,000 including the amount paid to the automan. I was keeping quiet and took an oath not to think of walking again.

Wait! the story does not end here.There is a tail piece.

After one month i went for my cousin's son marriage. after every function was over myself and my cousin were chatting.All relatives, who passed me said," Pad, you have gone down alot". I was wondering. In fact two months rest made me fatter.Then how come all say like this, is there any invisible angel helping me. All these thoughts poured into my mind. Hurrah!!! Like Archamedis( of coursewith dress) I jumped. I was standing beside my cousin who is much more fatter than me!!!!!
    So, the theory to look slim like Trish or simran, you have to stand beside the person fatterthan you. Read this in a hush hush tone.Only IL members have the privilege of knowing PADMINI'S THEORY.Next time will meet with another theory. Until then this is Padmini signing off.
    with love
    pad.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
    16 people like this.

2. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Padmini,

Tooo Good... I just could not stop laughing :rotflafter reading this post..

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Padmini,

I am here after a long time...

Just loved the simple manner in which u have written.
    Sweet of you to handle ur leg fracture in this humorous way.
    And what to say abt the theory..it is just fantastic:thumbsup. Going by ur theory i have to find somebody slimmer than me and it will be one challenge:rotflBig Laugh

suji

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Padmini Mam,
    You are too good:thumbsupKrithi should be really proud of you.I couldn't control my laughter after reading that auto incident.Thanks for the tip.

ammu

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear archana,
    thank you for your immediate response. that gives me a strength to write more. by your remarks i understand the purpose has been achieved.thank you for your fb.
    with love
    pad.

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sujjima,
    i feel proud in making you laugh when you come here after abreak. thank you for your nicefb.
    with love
    pad.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear ammu,
    first let me thank you for the compliment you have given and next for the lovely feed back. you can use my tip. i won't demand royalty.:)o.k.
    with love
    pad.

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Dear Pad,

Im getting addicted to your post. My God this was so humourous. I know its not really fair to laugh at it , cause you were suffering but do forgive me Pad , it was narrated with so much humour.Big LaughBig Laugh

And the tip... Well Im definitely going to try that.

Pad , I just gather from your post that you are Krithi's Mom . Am I right??

In that case this is a family of great writers. You the Madame, Krithi and Sharada. Lovely to know that.

Great post Pad. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will read it again for some good laugh.

Love,
    Devika

Jithiks likes this.
  9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear devika,
    so nice of you to step in and give your valuable and encouraging fb. i am very much honoured by your compliments. IL has become an essential platform for me . so that i can get compliments from noble souls like you. thank youvery much.
    with love
    pad.

10. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

That was hilarious :rotfl

And what a splendid idea, I guess I have been following this unknowingly. When I went to India, many people told me that I have grown thin...only now I know why...I must have been standing beside a person fatter than me :rotfl

That was an amazing write up.....:thumbsup