1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good or Tough - Its my life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 26, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is a connection of good and bad times, of successes and failures, challenges and headaches.
    Sometimes we think that some things are impossible in life. But when the situation comes by God’grace we are able to manage.

When I was in school I used to see my mother cooking in Stove. I used to think how I will be able to cook in this stove. But times changed and the gas stove came which was easier to cook than stove. Those days we had lived without cot, without TV, without Fridge and without so many things but still we were happy only.

Nothing is impossible in life. Impossible is the word found only in the dictionary of fools. But still we worry about small small things. When I was working in the office in the year 2001 since our Company was taken over by anothercomapny we were offered VRS.

First it was very difficult for me to think of VRS. But we as staff had to take it. That time I used to think after being a working lady for 38 years how I will manage sitting at home without a job. When I took VRS I had only one and half years to retire.

It was not easy to think of leaving the job, though I would miss all my friends and the happy times I had with them, but I thought Iwill have time to relax and get lots of things done. All these years I did not have time to look after my family. Now I can spend the rest of my life taking care of my family.

In the beginning it was difficult for me to sit at home but I got used to it. I had all the time to take care of the family. No running for office to catch the bus in time . Everything could be done leisurely.

For two years after retirement my life was going on well, taking care of the house , attending religious functions etc. Then my daughter’s marriage was there. So got busy in that , had a chance to go to Chennai to buy sarees for the marriage as we had to go for my husband’s nephew’s marriage. Then next year my son also got married in the same month as my daughter. For my son’s marriage we had to go to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Calcutta</st1:place></st1:City> for his marriage reception as the girl was from <st1:City><st1:place>Calcutta</st1:place></st1:City>. She is a
    Bengali. That time first time we got a chance to go by flight. I enjoyed the trip as it was my first experience.

Then in September 2008 I registered myself in this site. Beginning I used to go through only certain forums. Of late I have got familiarized with all the forums and enjoy being a part of this site. Have acquired many friends , have learnt so many things and now when I am free I pass my time in this site.

The secret of true happiness is in a cheerful acceptance, a strong determination and sustained by adeep and abiding faith in God that He makes all things beautiful in His time.

Sriniketan likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice thoughts Viji...
    It is in our perception and acceptance and viewing things positive..that makes our life easier and happier...as always your quotes are very apt..

sriniketan

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear iyerviji,
    again a thought provoking article from you. this shows your positive attidude towards everything. not brooding over the things. there sombody, who after their retirement , thinking only of the office& talking only about office, making others routine a miserable.Rant but you did a wise thing by accepting it gracefully and enjoying every moment of it. if u can read tamil,read this."vazhaninaiththal vazhalam, vazhiyaillai poomiyil, azhakkadalum thoniyagum". that should be the attidude and you are having it in plenty.hats of to you.:thumbsup
    with love
    pad.

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Nice to see you have accepted all aspects of life and moving with it. This sure will bring happiness
    Jaya

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji

good morning..... i began my day here with your post..and loved the optimism and positive thinking..i too hate it when people ask me,oh how do u manage alll alone the full day...leaving anice career and sitting at home...arent u bored being alone ..

its my life and i walked into this with my eyes open and now i have to make the most of it..my faith in god and prayers will surely make me be happy with whatever i am doing...

see thats why i found you and my other friends here and now my school friends...:)
    life is good...

wish u happiness always...
    love
    Mindi

6. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty

Bow on your positive attitude in life!! The way you have accepted life at every turn, wow!! This is why you feel so young!! hahaha.....but 5 yrs??!!!! :rotfl
    I believe, its when people get stuck at some point in life, or may be when every tough situations that come their way, that they get/ feel aged very fast!

It took me few years to get this attitude, ie, after my marriage. But when I did accept life as it is, and tried to make the best of what I have......life is only good!! there is no bad times!!

I teach my kids too...."Never say, I can't"!! There is nothing impossible, in life. It is all in the mind!!

Good one Viji aunty!!

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Vijiji,

First let me give you a TIGHT HUG, now i feel better.
    As usual what a great write up. In life we have to move on, accept changes and change with the times, if we do not do that then we will not be abe to move on.
    Life teaches you a lot of things and makes you experienced. I have seen both good and tough life in and today i feel so contended with life that i don't want anything else, i feel happy in my heart, i always think positively and even if my day goes bad it want bad for a reason or we make it bad.
    LIfe is beautiful, always accept the change and move on in life.
    sending you lots of love, hugs and kisses
    love
    alpa:cheers

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

Thanks for the first fb. You made my day. Life is easy if we take the things positive.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

Thanks for stepping in. Good to know you enjoyed the post. Ya I knowtamil . I am a tamilian. I had given reply to your tamil poem na. Dont you remember. Rightly you said Vazhaninaithal vaazhalam vazhiya illai vazhvadharku. Thanks for your compliments.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya

Thanks for your fb. Feel happy byyour stepping in.

love
    viji