1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where else??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

duplicate. sorry. mods please delete

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I had wanted to post this sometime last week, but got waylaid with lot of my plate. it is to say my heart felt thanks, for a lot of things. For allowing me to be just me, being there for some of my friends here.

Have I made a presence in anybody’s life, is question I pose at myself a lot of times, but the answer is something that eludes to be a little clear.

When I came down following a friend in 2006 by chance because of her quoting this site somewhere else, little did I know that I would be addicted here for life.

I was a silent spectator for almost six months, just browsing now and then whenever time permitted or should I say when my curiosity won over. Then by feburary 2007 , I could not resist posting responses to some of the discussions.

So here I am still posting responses to queries and things I like whether people relish or not, just because of the satisfaction that comes through.

You were there for me through with the first steps I took to write a few of my thoughts. My first step at scribbling a few lines, which my friends here have termed as poems and gave me that push to pen down a few as I would like. I never knew I could until I saw all your feebacks for my first one and the many that flowed through as and when a whim to scribble took over..where else did I get the freedom to put them, and still get to have such warm response for all my whims and thoughts.

So, what happened to me in the past 2 years, I grew up a little emotionally and practically ( the practical part makes lives of my LO miserable sometimes though.)

The parenting forum, taught me to appreciate my children a more. The marriage forum showed me, that what I had was to be cherished. The hobbies forum, showed me better ways to keep myself occupied. Now coming to the schools forum, it gave me the satisfaction of helping others, and reducing the trauma a little lesser than what I went through.

The housing forum, what should I say, when I started I was green, today my friends, who have posed questions for discussions have really made me feel a little more than a beginner. I actually did not know the difference between patta and chitta when I started answering people.

The money matters, did I know much about shares, no dearies, a little, but without your support and encouragement I would never have started trying to analyse more.

Now, the meetups, without which this post would be incomplete. I have had the opportunity to meet the faces behind a few names, and in some cases, the voices behind the names, who have always made it more of a friends virtual meeting place.

And malathy and jey this post would be incomplete without me giving my thanks to you first.

I take this opportunity to thank all of my friends who have been helping me grow into a better human being. You have made me realize, that I follow one quote that has haunted me through out…

I am defeated, and know it, if I meet any human being from whom I find myself unable to learn anything. ~George Herbert Palmer

Because I am learning everyday. I am a student throughout. The day I stop learning is the day I am cold at you know where..

Thanks once again my friends…

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

my dear shan,

how sweet....just to see u back here again..assuming veda is back:)

so nicely u have summed up your visits to each and every column...yes i too think i have become a much better person after my entry in IL..

and your quote is so lovely..yes i too believe that there is something to learn from each and everybody.....

and great to know that u are our most lovable valentine:) :thumbsup

hoping to meet you one day soon..
    love
    Mindi

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear dear Shanvy,
    I read the Valentine nomination post and the nominations that poured in ,nominating you as their Valentine.I almost wept,no dear,not because Iwas jealous.Because I could virtually see young mothers sitting around you and asking you questions and you are there for them.
    To be honest,shanvy,I never knew that one could be so helpful to others and make a difference to others' lives with one's love,care and concern.
    I have great admiration for you,my dear young friend.There are s many things that I have to learn from wonderful people like you.

May God bless you.
    love
    mithila kannan

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dearest shanthi...
    very well penned your feelings towards IL... may be even our feel which we are not able to frame into proper words... each and every forum we go we miss you, especially kid's and housing... which was the one i got attracted first by your replies... i second mithila's every word...

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    You have depicted your growth from infant to an adult in IL . A growth is increase in quantity and it can be physical or abstract.
    I suppose all of us are growing in IL , i am still infant yet to get to know everyone.
    What i like abt IL is it fulfills our wants : be it in knowledge or emotional or mental.
    Learning as you say is a life long process, Lord Shiva learnt from his own son Kartik , truly we too learn from children or our kids.

Iam dedicating this poem to you Shany written by Jaya at the time of this fb.

I crawled into IL
    Looked abt for sometime
    Reached up for a hand
    Found many hands raising me up

Stood up and looked up
    With smile in my face
    Saw many smiling faces
    cheering me to take a step

I took a step and another
    Now no turning back
    I can run and flee
    Yet i will be back in IL

May God bless you.
    Jaya

7. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanti

First of all......I have been here, only a month now. Have'nt known you enough. Sorry I donno about the nominations too; I felt not fair to nominate when I know not much . Congrats on the nomination anywayz!!!

But your thought here......was very touching!! Am here only a month.....but your words are my feelings /experience too!! IL has made me feel alive!! I found people always made judgements on basis of where I come from, which family, or my religion, or my apperarance!! IL is one place which lets me be 'me' without any inhibitions or fear. And the love, lessons, understanding, and support that we get here, is beyond words!!

Like you said, our growth here is only positive!! you grow not only by getting but, giving too!! And....learning is growing!!!

Very sweet post once again
    cheers!!

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Shanthi
    There is a famous saying that if you have any work to do, give it to a busy person. Others won't have any time for it. In your case, I'll modify it as if you want to learn anything, stay close to a learner. Others can't teach you anything!

The thing that I admire most in your FBs is the pain that you take to add value to the original thread. You always come up with some valuable extra information that I find extremely interesting and useful. I have always cherished your FBs to my threads. You may be a learner but so was Avvaiyyar even at the end of her long voyage. She had to learn from her favourite God that 'Sutta pazham' meant ripe fruit!

No one can claim that his process of learning is complete. A person can be a good teacher only when his thirst for learning never gets satiated. You have this great thirst. And by staying close to you, I too get the benefit of all that you learn.
    May God bless you, Shan
    Sri

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Shan dearie,

I always felt like I have known you for a long time even though it has been only few months.You come out as a very warm and extremely friendly person.

In fact I look forward to your responses in 'Money matters' forum to learn lil bit more on the Indian financial/housing market.Your market updates are a must read atleast for me and I thoroughly enjoy reading all your posts/feedbacks.

I liked the way you put the whole learning process as never ending and the more we learn the more we realize that there is still so much to learn.

Shan , you rock and I am glad to have come across someone like you in IL :thumbsup

10. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear shanti
    Very well written feelings & once again showing your So nice atttitude about every thing.
    A nice quote