1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How I wooed your mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by KiranD, Feb 7, 2009.

1. KiranD

KiranD Senior IL'ite

“Dad, Valentine’s Day is coming and I want to give rose to a girl I like but I don’t know how to approach her. I feel like she is making fun of me”

“Son, this thing takes time and you have to have a lot of persistence”

“Dad it has been a week already, I cannot get myself to say hello to her leave alone say something romantic, how did you meet mom?”

“It was not easy, I was a shy boy back then, up until high school I went to an all boys school so naturally I was nervous during my first year of college. I fell in love with your mother the moment I saw her. She was coming walking towards me and I just stared at her beauty, she looked like a princess, we passed each other but my eyes were fixed on her and I kept walking and fell down flight of two staris. She laughed and her smile made everything bearable.

For the first month we kept passing each other and I kept on getting hurt, after a month I decided that I had to talk to her, if not for love then for my safety, it took my 14 days to woo her

Day 1 : I wanted to introduce myself, when I saw her coming I said
    “Hi ……..” I could not say anything else, my mouth was dry, words were not coming out and I ran away….and she laughed

Day 2 : I managed to find out her name – Divya, I felt good, it is as if I had an advantage since I knew her name, with confidence I went to her and I said “Hi, I am Divya, I mean you are Divya, my name is not Divya” she started laughing and I ran away

Day 3 I figured my mind was playing tricks with me, I decided to write a note to her
    “Hi ! My name is Anurag I would like to be friends with you, can we talk in private some time?” I meant to give her the note but panicked and ended up giving to the note to Mrs. Thomas, my History teacher – got an earful at home.

Day 4 Took the help of my sister, she introduced us

Day 5 I said Hi to Divya on my own and she smiled – I could not sleep the whole night

Day 6 I asked her if she wanted to have lunch with me, in my nervousness I asked her this question at 5 in the evening, she smiled and said “Yes but today I am ready for dinner, maybe tomorrow”

Day 7 In my excitement I left home without my wallet and was too embarrassed to admit it so skipped classes that day

Day 8 She was mad

Day 9 I explained to her, we had lunch together and we actually talked, we had a great time, until I spilled the soup all over me

Day 10 4 days to go before Valentine’s Day, I wanted to make a move but not think of anything

Day 11 We ate lunch again but she brought along Sachin, I hated him, he was final year student, suave, sophisticated and oozing confidence. He was very attentive to her

Day 12 She stood me up, later she apologized “I am sorry I could not make it for lunch but Sachin and I bunked classes and went for coffee”

Day 13 I was depressed, I saw the two of them together again, it made me mad and I decided to do something

Day 14 I gave her a rose and a card professing my love to her, she smiled shyly and accepted, I was over the moon, Sachin was too depressed and I hardly saw him from that day onwards.

“Thanks Dad, I will be more patient”
    “Good luck son”

Maya “Mom I overheard Dad, he was telling Sid about how he had a crush on you and how he got over the nervousness and won you away from Sachin. That must have been so romantic. I wish my man turns out to be a sweetheart and romantic like Dad”

Divya “What romantic!!! It I had left it up to you Dad we would have not moved beyond lunches, one day I had enough and I decided to take matters in my own hands, I teamed up with my neighbor Sachin to make your Dad jealous and it worked. Men know what they want but do not know how to get it, we have to guide them while letting them think they are calling the shots”

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kiran,

nice to see u back...good one ,the way u built up the suspense..anurag seemed so cute that i wanted him to get the girl but knowing it is from you never know what to expect till the end:)

loved your last line:thumbsup

Men know what they want but do not know how to get it, we have to guide them while letting them think they are calling the shots”

a very good advice from mother to daughter,i must say:)

u and bhikhu are quite a pair..Rab aapki jhodi salamat rakhe

love
    Mindi

3. mayachaudhuri

mayachaudhuri Senior IL'ite

Hello I loved your way of telling the story . The turn at the end was so well said...Really what can men do all by themselves ??!!

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Kiran,
    Very nice post and nicely conveyed the message. Making men feel they are the decision maker is rightly said. I hope everyone takes a cue from this.
    Looking fwd for more post.
    Jaya

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kiran

Loved the way you built suspense. It was hilarious.I liked the last lines of advice from mother to daughter. Looking for more posts from you.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Kiranji,

what is this, a mush y romance from u, and no murders or vamps here.Tch Tch ! You are getting old and romantic.Poor Bhiku, rahter lucky Bhiku.

Great one,sachi, kasam se, u are a master story teller.HAHA

And sachin the neighbour eh ! Cute one.And i too dont know how to say Hi to the pretty lady walker, maybe i will make her jelous also u see.
    Thanks for the great advise.Big Laugh

Regards

kamal

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Kiran, as always from you...giving a twist in the form of advice from mom to daughter...enjoyed it..

sriniketan

8. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely great story. The surprise at the end came out with full force. A truly good love story, one of the best I have read. This is my last nomination for February.

Keep it up friend.

oj

9. KiranD

KiranD Senior IL'ite

Dear Mindi :Thanks, I am glad you liked this write-up and so nice of you to write those encouraging things, made my morning :)

10. KiranD

KiranD Senior IL'ite

Hi Maya
    Thanks for your input and glad you liked this, very true that they would be lost without us :)