1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lock Up Your Husbands

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Oh God! This is a strange expression for an unbeliever like me but the way things are turning out in this world I just couldn’t help dragging God in. The big bad world is becoming badder and meaner. Morality is going down the drain. No , no I haven’t joined any Hindu fundie group to lament like this. A news item I read recently makes me wail like a banshee.
    The sum and substance of that news item is the world has become unsafe for men. By men I mean MEN that is the male of the species. and not just people. .According to that piece of news three women in Karachi drugged a restaurant waiter, kidnapped him and raped him for three days before dumping him on the banks of a river.
    No, the guy when he gained consciousness didn’t jump into the river after a single sob like the Hero’s raped sister of the Boillywood movies of the fifties and sixties over his lost chastity.. Instead he went to the cops. They are still looking for the lusty females (to arrest them of course and not with any evil intention). The women couldn’t be found so far. According to the hapless waiter, they wore veils and couldn’t be identified.
    Let us stop wondering about the Paki waiter and start showing concern for our own country. Any way if you are curious about the poor chap, there was little in the papers on him after that but according to my sources in Pakistan, the guy turned into a gay activist and is now underground as the mullahs are gunning for him for promoting immorality.
    If such a thing can happen in burqaed and bearded Pakistan how will the situation be in India, where women commit the immoral act of frequenting pubs! It is just too scary to imagine. Such horrible incidents must be happening on a larger scale here. The men are probably silent out of a sense of shame or because they think it is fun to be abducted by ladies.
    It is high time we took remedial measures. No, I don’t mean bashing up women in pubs, or rather I don’t only mean bashing up women in pubs rather I mean bashing up not only . women in pubs.
    If women develop an urge to abduct men of their choice, the men must be squarely blamed. If they were a little modestly dressed this wouldn’t happen. If they dress in such a manner that their bulging biceps, tense triceps and six-pack abs.are showcased , they are bound to invite trouble .
    So all tight tees and jeans must be banned for men. They should dress in flowing clothes that makes them look more modest. To repel the lusty ladies it must be obligatory for them to wear fake paunches if they don’t have real ones.. May be a few fake warts could also help.. This dress code must be enforced strictly.
    Look at Pakistan! One chap was shot dead for violating the Taliban dress code by wearing pajamas that went beyong the ankles.No I don’t mean we should shoot these guys dead but a few rounds of bashing could help. Posters urging men to dress modestly and to uglify themselves must decorate all walls.
    The next step is to ban Salman Khan movies. That guy is a bad influence. He takes off his shirt at the drop of the hat. A recent still of one of his forthcoming movies showed him wearing a snarl and little else. On his torso. Unless Shirtless Sallu agrees to dress more demurely just ensure that his movies aren’t shown. What if the government does not ban the movies? Why do you think we have something called moral police? No cinema owner likes his movie halls to be smashed by a band of goons oops sorry., angry moral citizens.
    Since Sallu is high on the list of potential women abductors, he must be guarded by a posse of Special Protection Group commandos after making sure that they are not gay.

But the ultimate remedy is to ensure that the men wear veils .Burqas wiill act as a deterrent because the abductors wouldn’t be sure of the potential victims gender.
    And in case respectable married ladies are still scared of their husbands disappearing, just lock 'em up..
    :rotfl:rotfl:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009

2. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Re: Lock Up Your Huabands

Hello Balajee,

Good one! I liked the part of giving back men all the dress codes they dumped on women, save their chastity by dressing modestly and uuff, not 'invite trouble'. Big Laugh
    After centuries of hearing it, it feels good to see it returned back.
    Hilarious!

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dhivya tks. This could be the vengence of history after centuries.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha good one balaji..hilarious ..after reading this only it struck me the Arabs are quite fair minded at least as far as their dress code is considered..what with males and females attired in loose fitting robes?
    really whats the world coming to:)

Mindi

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hilarious..i like very much your story although the man who is raped by the woman i heard it before.

take care.

6. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Hey Balaji, this is hilarious!
    I am sure we all think about some sort of revenge on these so called "daytime" moral police.

I think the interesting part is - I actually searched for the Karachi incident you mentioned :))))

What I think is - like EdTV (have you heard of this film?) - these moral police should be followed 24x7 and we should get to see how "moral" they are. I think this is their "daytime" job.

Hey Mindian,
    Very interesting that you mentioned that Arabs are at least fair in terms of their dress code ! Good one !

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Good one. I'm thinking how would my hubby look in Burqa:rotfl

8. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

How can a man be "raped" by 3 women?

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Not only loose robes Mindi, the bedouins in the desert cover their faces too like women wearing veils!

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Balajee,
    I second all your proposals. Few more to add in:
    1) Men shd never go out unaccompanied
    2) No late nights for men
    3) Curb the educationg for men, and they shdn't be employed
    4) They shd remain at home and do housekeeping & take care of children.

JayaBig Laugh