1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Words plus Eggs should be handled with care

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 17, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Words plus eggs should be handled with care as words once spoken and eggs once broken are the hardest things to repair. I have heard that in science you must not talk before you know, in art you should not talk before you do and in literature you must not talk before you think.

We learn so many things in life through experience but still we do somethings which hurts others
    This is kaliyug whatever bad we do it we get it back. I have seen people get it back.

One of my cousin spoke ill of someone’s son but later his sons were different. He has 3 sons and one got married to a Christian, one became devotee of Hare Rama Hare Krishna and married a German and one was good but later he also was not looking after his parents so well. We don’t know might be they must have also not adjusted with them.

Another person I know was criticizing his brother during his brother’s daughter’s marriage and complaining about them to everyone and did not helpthem also much. Next year only his wife expired and his daughter’s marriage had to be performed by his brother and his wife about whom he was complaining to others.

In young age we have strength so we can look after ourselves . But in old age if we are healthy it is alright otherwise we have to depend on others for everything. At present times noone want to take any responbility. Those days are gone when there was joint family and everyone used to work as a team.

So we have to be very careful while speaking or complaining and criticizing others. A blow with a word strikes deeper than a blow with a sword. A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Real joy is in a charitable heart, real joy is found in a courageous heart and real joy is found in a true heart. I just pray to God

Lord make me an instrument of peace, where there is hatred let me sow love
    Where there is injury let me sow pardon, where there is doubt , let me sow faith
    Where there is despair, let me sow hope, where is darkness let me so light
    Where there is sadness let me so joy.

Viji

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    I liked the 1st and the last para very much..
    You can add to the list of words being compared to eggs...to milk spilled ...glass broken, spilled mustard seeds, etc...right..:)
    Yeah, we should be careful in choosing words too...
    In Thirukkural, Thiruvalluvar says...choosing harsh (bad) words instead of sweet, kind words..is like choosing a raw fruit when fully ripened fruit is available..

sriniketan

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

Thanks for your first fb. You are a very sweet person. Make it a point to give fb and give encouragement to everyone in every forum. May God bless you. Good to learn about Thirukkural.

love
    viji

4. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

viji aunty,
    good post. now i am remebering one pro verb "vinai vidhaithavan vinai arupan".My grandpa used to tell "if you hate one thing or one person,at any time you have to face that situation or person without any choice".
    you are telling it by examples.enjoyed it.
    bye for the moment.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji Aunty,

definite words of wisdom from your vast treasure of experience.

There are lot of people who don't think twice before saying a word, but would make hell to the opposite person if it was them in the same situation.

It is always better to think and talk, then to talk and think.

I think words and egss when broken cannot be taken back easily..and sometimes impossible.

Good one...keep them coming..

6. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

I loved your observation "Words plus eggs should be handled with care as words once spoken and eggs once broken are the hardest things to repair" - wonderful and so true.

In Kaliyugam, 'Kai Mela Palan', is what my dear MIL always said. According to sages, we must try and get rid of our old vasanas and karma and get good vasanas and increase good karma in this Kaliyugam. So speaking and thinking good things, doing good to others must be our goal...well, to follow this advice, we must think before uttering or doing anything.

You are able to compose verses that make so much sense, so easily.

Keep at it, Viji,

Love,
    Padma

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    As usual well said. Words are to processed in our mind before we speak. Lot of thought has to be given before we speak, lest we hurt others unnecssarily. Even if we want to correct someone we can say it in positive words.:thumbsup

Your prayer is beautiful and you are exactly like the prayer.
    May God bless you.
    Jaya

8. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji Aunty,

Thanks for your snippet.

Harsh word really hurts.

Whenever people hurts me with their tongue sword, I could not forget that even they do some nice things later. As quoted in tirukkural, it remains as scar in my heart. When those people would learn, how they hurted me? :((((((((((

Honestly, i never used any hurting words in first place. So, i dont see my fault in receiving those word arrows.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji...

very well said... i could only remember this if i'm not wrong
    " theeinal suthaa pun ul aarum aaradhey naavinal suttaa vadu" hope i have written correctly...:hide:

10. padmavathiv

padmavathiv Senior IL'ite

Dearest viji ,

My salutations to you...imagining you in front of me i prostrate at your feet for choosing such a meaningful, well thought of, most beautiful topic.:bowdown..i agree with you a billion times that only if people had control over their tongues...100% complications in the world would vanish..people are too quick to fall into judgement mode..and start criticising someone without any firm basis...i second you in every sentence you have written...i too believe in a lot of foresight and never pass comments on anyone ...i have seen several instances where ppl who commented are at the receiving end sometimes and feel their egos punctured to accept help from one they had criticized ..
    You are the jewel of IL...Your topics are such a treat ...please give your blessings so that we get atleast .0001% of your enthusiasm:clap

Love
    Padma