1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The advantages of being Deaf

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Scenario -1
    Imagine a busy intersection in a city with a traffic jam.Blaring horns,irritated drivers and carts in the middle of the road and me sitting unperturbed watching the people and trying to read their lips.DH enjoying my running commentary about the goings on from my lip reading .
    Scenario-2
    Incessant phone rings ,blaring mobile ringtones and co workers' chatter .Nothing distracts me when i am preparing balance sheets and tax returns in the office.I can do my work in half the time a normal person takes to complete it.
    Scenario-3
    When the doorbell or phone rings at home ,i don't need to attend it leaving my work .Son feels happy he can listen to music in high decibels.DH can snore heavily and the good old wife sleeps peacefully too. I will stop bragging lest you all get jealous at my luck:rotfl
    DW:)

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Plz let us know your name :)..

:hatsoff to you ..for looking at the positive side of things.

You are blessed with that attitude... and we are blessed to have you among us.

Bye

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear DW,

I am very touched and overwhelmed by yr wonderful aatitude to being deaf, and instead of feeling bad, u have a humour and positive attitude, which i must say has floored me.

I salute u, dear maam, u have touched my heart.God always bless u, and may there be a smile on yr face always, and sunshine in yr life.

Regards.kamal

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dearie,
    First i did not want to address you by your username.Please consider my request - Sign with your name..so that we can address you.Again its my humble request.
    Hats of to you dearie...Really proud to know that we have a great person sharing this platform with us.

You have such a great and positive look about your life and have taken things in your stride.

May god bless you in abundance.

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Wonderful attitude..like others me too wish that you change your username...take care...have a nice day.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi :cheers for the great attitude. you have learnt to be positive and accepting that your are differently abled. I am sure, your sense of observance is better and sharper than all of us. welcome in the gang..but do sign your name..a person who is so positive, does not need this handle...

hope you agree...

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear

As others have said please sign your name. You have touched
    everyone's heart by your positive attitude. May God bless u
    and good luck to u

with love

viji

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear friend

We feel happy and proud to see you taking things positive and see the positive side of yours...BowBow... wonderful lady... like others i also like to know your name... may god be with you...

9. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dearie,

The ability to laugh at oneself and make others laugh with you is greatest God-given gift! You are a shining example of someone who meets life head-on and emerges victorious.
    You are a winner in my eyes, a VIJEYTA,

Padma

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sweety
    After seeing your username I use to wonder why have you choosen this type of username.
    But reading this post and your positive attitude[​IMG]
    It is not that you are deaf we are all dumb just going through your post the way you think.
    God bless you dearie to keep you always positive and cheerful.
    Yes I too wish to address you with your name so please put in your name.