1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it ok to look?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Bhiku Mhatre, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Bhiku Mhatre

Bhiku Mhatre Senior IL'ite

If you are sitting with your significant other and a hot looking man/woman passes by is it ok for you to look at that person? In my humble opinion the answer is yes, like anything there are exceptions however, if a man in a committed relationship looks at a hot woman and thinks/wishes “Man I wish I had her as my wife/gf, I want out of this relationship to be with someone like her, etc.” – that kind of thought process is not healthy for a relationship.

This is one field where men are at a severe disadvantage compared to women, if a man looks/gawks/drools at a pretty female he is being thought of as a pervert, the woman probably thinks “Look at that creep, eyeing me, he totally grosses me out, I can feel it he is undressing me with his eyes, so typical of men to treat us as a piece of meat” she would roll her eyes and move on. If a woman looks at a man that guy will feel great, he would be “Yeah man!!! I still have it in me to make heads move” he would spend the rest of the day feeling great about himself.

Not appreciating beauty is a crime, we spend so much money each year to travel to far away places to look and appreciate natural and man made sites, the same principle applies for a human body. A woman with a flat tummy has probably spent countless hours in a gym, starved herself and is off sugar and cheese for months, how can men kind be so cruel and not appreciate and recognize her struggle and sacrifices. A guy with six pack abs spends hours exercising and the poor guy is too tired at the end of the day to look for a date. Women in these cases should take it upon themselves to reach out to this socially challenged geek with a hot body.

Looking and saying the right thing can also produce desired actions from your other half. This is an example from my married life, I hated wearing pants with flat front, Kiran tried to get me in them so many times, she showed me articles in magazines and pointed towards ads of men in those pants but I did not change my mind. Then one day while at a restaurant a guy passed by and she looked and stared at him, she said
    ”That guy is about the same height as you but he appears more tall and lean due to his pants, I mean look at him he appears so much younger, its amazing what a wardrobe can do for your appearance”
    Before you know it I was in those pants (no I bought my own pants, I was not wearing that guy’s pants) in no time.

The joke is on my significant other though – I did not change my clothing style to please her or because I was jealous of the way she looked at him, my reason (I am sure all men think this way) was “If this guy got attention from my wife I can dress like him and get attention from other women and this will stop my wife from nagging me”.

Well regardless of the reason that one look did produce desired results for my wife, I am still roaming around in flat front pants looking for someone to admire me.

So the next time your significant other is looking at someone hot, do not get upset but encourage him/her to continue, play your cards right and your other half will improve for the better.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi BM,

of course it is ok to look...agree with u that beauty in any form is to be appreciated...but u can instinctly dislike the way some people stare whereas feel good about the admirable glances u get from some others...anyway past that age now........as for men..do they ever stop LOOKING? and your wife IS smart...must learn the art of diplomacy from her.....
    Mindi

3. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi,
    You have to be a saint down to your mitochondria so as not to admire (read stare) beauty which gladly most of us are not.
    Your wife has used this for a good cause,..good luck.
    I ll do the same next time i want my dear husband to change some habit of his,hope it works for me too.
    Humera

4. Bhiku Mhatre

Mindi : Agree with your comment, I guess the way a person looks and their intent makes or breaks the other person's day, I am totally against the stare that is dirty, here I am more referring to just admiring it.

Yeah my wife loves to play mind games with me :)

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhiku
    Another humor filled topic from you..

Ofcourse its o.k to look. Do not ask such silly questions.

My dh and I share what we each other look at too. We happen to agree with each other most of the time on this topic. :hiya

Trust me you cannot have amiable compatibility for almost 25 years now if the two of us are unable to enjoy each others "looks":idea

In recent times my dh has been swayed by the looks of Sarah Palin so much so he wanted to vote for the party she stood forDrowning

He watches news only when he likes the newscast anchor WOMAN:spin

I have to agree he has GREAT taste in his "look":cheers

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhikubhai,

You are one hell ofa naughty Chap.I thought Kiran was one, but u are better or worse, as the phrase may seem right[​IMG]

I agree with u that women will feel offended if we dont appreciate her efforts of keeping slim poor thing really.From now on i will make special efforts to please the ladies.

Can u tell m,e, with waist 44, i can look good inm the flat pants or will i look pregnat.Advise needed urgently.HAHA

Great one as usual.REgards.kamal

7. Bhiku Mhatre

Humera : Yes try it with your husband it will bring wonderful results, but be careful, once he realizes what you are doing he will do the same to you :)

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha kamalji,

loved your reply....no worrys...with u and bhiku around no lady is going to feel "not appreciated" .......so "look" all u want...yesterday discussed this with dh too and he agrees this shows we are still healthy in body and mind...and very innocently asks wont u want that at any age for me?

hi BM,

u know i said i am past that age but hey i do "look" for my dd....very rarely do we agree on our "choice" though....

HI AC,

Same here.... if i find dh enjoying some new show (without the usual surfing of channels) it HAS GOT TO be the anchor WOMAN..

MINDI

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  9. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Omg Bhiku matre,
    Here i am thinking i manipulated my DH about his dress sense and now your post brought me back to earth with a thud.Your narration is simply superb.
    DW

10. Bhiku Mhatre

AC : Lovely comment and glad to get your approval on looking, now I can look and if I am stopped I will send my wife to your page with her complaints :)

Sarah Palin huh!!! he does have good taste in women, I too liked to watch her but now it appears that she will not be seen as much.