1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Balraj,Where are You

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Balraj,Where are You<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

The Mumbai blasts have saddened all of us, and sickened us by the brutality shown by the terrorists in killing innocent people, for no fault of theirs.

I, like the rest of you have been watching the drama unfold on the TV Screen.I have been a Mumbaikar half my life, and Taj and Oberoi were born before my own eyes.

Taj, the new wing, was contructed in the mid sixties, when I was in the fifth standard I think.the school had taken us to Regal Cinema at Colaba for the movie “ the Sound of Music”, and then took us to the Gateway of India, where the contruction of the new wing was on in full swing.

Oberoi, too I have seen come up in the early seventies, and we have a showroom still there, belonging to my elder brother, who closed his showroom at <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:TIME minute="0" hour="19">7 pm</ST1:TIME>, and the attacks took place later at 9/30 pm.When in Mumbai I too used to sit there sometimes.

And most Mumbaikars must have at some point of time in their lives must have attended marriage functions in both of these, or either.They are Mumbai’s finest landmarks, and we are proud of them.

Now coming to Balraj.Who is Balraj, u might ask.Well they are Bal Thakarey, and Raj Thakeray.I have been glued to the TV news stations, and I have not seen either Bal or Raj anywhere around.I want to know where they are.After all this is their Mumbai, the Mumbai of the Marathi Manoos.Where are these lions of Maharashtra, who wanted Biharis and UP Bhaiyas out of Maharastra.They were attacked, kicked and beaten, and told to go home, those who work in Mumbai, and contribute to the financial well being of Maharashtra.

Balraj, u could attack Biharis, who were unarmed.Where are you both now, when Mumbai is burning ! Hiding with your tail between yr legs ? Raj, you have lakhs of followers, you could have lead thousands, and fought the Terrorists barehanded.A thousand unarmed Marathi Mannoos could have taken on one fellow with a gun, so what if a few dozen die, till u overpower him and kill him.And Raj, you could have been in the fore front, leading your men.And now not a word from you ?

And when u want Maharastra to have only Maharashtians, then only the Marathi should defend Mumbai.Why do u want the Army, NSG,Navy to defend Mumbai, they are non Maharashtrians .Why the double standards,.dear Raj.I don’t blame Bal.your Uncle, he is old and sick, but what about you?

When u make your Kohinorr Mill which u own alongwith Manohar Joshi, u should employ only Marathi Engineers, Architects, and the local labourers.Just see iof they work as hard and as cheap as the Biharis whom u have threatened to throw out.You will soon come to know the difference.When u get someone to work, u don’t ask his state and caste, u want good value for money, be it a Bihari or anyone else.

And we are all surprised , not even a word from you regarding yr views on this matter ? Do you fear fro your life, dear friend, that u have hidden yourself.Whey worry, when u have lakhs of brave Marathis , your followers, or are they too as scared as you, in front of Guns and grenades ?

You have a lot to answer to the public Raj, and yr explanations have better be good.Waiting for your reply.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Something I just heard from someone right now, whose friend was dining in Kandhar Restaurant .

Terrorists entered, and told all the diners, that u have destroyed Babri Masjid, and now we will kill you all.And they opened fire with their AK 47’s.They were laughing as they opened fire.They killed everyone, and this gentleman X was hit on the chest, and he fell down, alive, and two more people fell dead over him.He pretended dead, and they killed every single person and moved over to another restaurant and killed them.

This fellow managed to escape and lived to tell his tale.

What can one say, but that these people are beasts, worse actually.

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

very well-said. I am from Mumbai and have fond memories of going to VT station and nearby areas with my dad. It is very depressing to see the scene of Hotel Taj in flames.
    I compeletely agree with your views about Bal and Raj. While I was growing up, Bal Thackeray was against all Madrasis occupying BB and was sowing the seeds of hatred against all Madrasis. Looks like his nephew is doing that to persons from UP. Why are theyn't they making any statements now?

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,

that is bcs Raj and Bal are both cowards of the first kind.Sad to see our Mumbai go up in falmes like this.Regards.kamal

4. DesertRose

DesertRose New IL'ite

indeed kamalji these ppl r beasts of the 1st order!!! dont they have a heart & soul within them, how can sumone be so cold-blooded & blinded as to masacre innocent victims. if they thnk thats bravery, well they have another think comin up!!
    they forget, in this war that they call is for religion, that they r answerable to almighty god tomorow wen they die! we muslims blv in the day of judgement & blv me everythng v do on this earth is accounted for!!! our religion does not teach us to kill or masacre in the name of religion, no! on the contrary it preaches us to spread the message of LOVE & HARMONY!!! we are told in the 'noble quran' to love r neighbour irrespective of their bad attitude towards us. then how does it justify these freaks to carry on cold-blooded carnages like this. we are preached to forgive & be tolerant.

iam so truly apalled by this whole incident, in a state of depression actually. yes we were glued to the televison hoping against hope it will end soon. the misery in the eyes of the ppl who lost their loved ones brought tears to my eyes too... its so sad! hope these ppl see sense & stop their rampage!

desertrose!

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Kamalji ,

Very well said ! :clap:clap

Where are these people in times of need ? I am sure they are going to resurface in few weeks with another 'Naara Baazi'.

It is sad to see the plight of Mumbai and the suffering of the innocent.Mumbai being the city that never sleeps, never tires and never sulks in adversities is bound to spring back with vengeance this time and prove to the world that united we stand and no evil force can destroy the splendid glory of the city.

Prayers to all the people who have lost their lives and the ones who lost trying to save them..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

I have been following the news on tv as and when power permitted, what with chennai wilting under nature's fury..my son told veda when he called, you should watch jaya tv for news on natural disaster and ndtv and the likes for manmade disasters..even kids are not left unaffected...

Raj and Bal did not stand by the marathi manoos..let us see how they are going to face the tune from the manoos..when he starts thinking...

Manmohan singh and Advani were supposed to visit mumbai together, but even at the time of such need where you had to show people a united front, they could not stand together for a few minutes..each visited alone...

next comes, the comedian or whatever we should call him, aka modi ji, who really made all those comments about the nsg and all, announces a 1 crore...and does not stop pointing fingers at manmohan singh..

Politicians all thinking only about the vote bank..somebody rightly said, we are not able to differentiate communalism.extremism, and terrorism...that is why the foreign minister of pak could point out and tell we also had extremists in between us and we had no right to point fingers at pak...

I always used to feel so irritated whenever there was a slogan that said mumbaikers spirit cannot be hurt/defeated...but i don't think anybody needs more to test their spirits..thank god this time, nobody said we will bounce back...

we want more from the government other than grants, speeches and condolences ....

We need more unity, and less speeches about dividing on communities, states etc...

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    Really very sad to see the happenings in Mumbai..
    As Mals pointed out, why not politicians get hurt or die in these terrorists acts...because they go under-cover, isn't it..
    What happened to your brother's showroom there...luckily for him...God has been on his side..
    Bal and Raj..it is better to keep mum over them than to ..

sriniketan

8. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Well said kamalji...

My husband also had same feeling what u have expressed...he was so angry on Bal Thakarey, and Raj Thakerey....as you said they cannot face people now...but our people memories are also so week ...they will just forget everything within no time....we as individuals as to change our thinking and we all need to fight back.......hope we can make our land safe place...

Skavi

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Kamalji , sorry for barging in like this I just wanted to respond to Shanthi's comment; sometimes I wonder if it is saddening or better for the kids to be aware of the harsh reality that they need to grow up in and the future awaiting them..terror strikes are no longer isolated incidents.I just hope though improbable that they have a safe world than what we are in..

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Well said ,Kamalji.
    Innocent people suffer because of these greedy politicians and militants.
    DW