1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Counting my blessings each moment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Riyasmommy, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Yesterday was our daughter Riya's first birthday. As I was running around all day trying to catch up with the party preparations, cooking and geting things ready, I found myself stopping in my tracks every now and then to look at this little needy, drooly person scooting on the floor, making a mess, fussing wanting my attention, and I found myself wondering, "what in the world did I do to deserve this precious little one?" I couldn't find one single reason.

All I could do was thank God for His grace and mercy for choosing us to be the parents of this wonderful little girl. Sometimes just the thought is overwhelming and scary, but nevertheless I am thankful and counting my blessings each moment for the messy house, the sleepless nights, the meltdowns that follow after taking the cell phone away, and for the sheer exhaustion at the end of the day following an active now-toddler all day.

Being a person of strong spiritual faith, I know that we can handle this - one day at a time. In the meantime, I'll continue to count my blessings and be ever thankful for this precious little daughter.

Raj

1 person likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Raj,
    Convey my belated B'day wishes..to Riya..and also :kiss

true..what you had written here is 100% true...it is sure a blessing to the family...
    Enjoy it to the full..

sriniketan

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Raj

please convey my love and hugs to Riya on her birthday.
    Yes, every minute is a blessing when we see children growing up and delighting us with their various activities.
    Enjoy!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Hope Riya had a fantastic birthday - lots of hugs and kisses to her on her b'day! Kids truly are such a blessing and life never remains the same once we have them!

Enjoy your little bundle of joy!

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Well said Raj.. Children are always a great blessing.. Nice to read what you have written.

6. InduSri

InduSri New IL'ite

Riya's mom,

Happy first birthday to Riya.

Everynight, after a busy evening filled with activities, dinner dilemas, bath time battles and bed time stories, when my 5 1/2 yr old (who thinks she is almost 8 yrs old and who can't wait to be 18 yrs old) and 21 month old (who thinks he is in par with his big sister) settle down for the night and the calm washes over our hosue-hold and I go to check on them before I hit the bed, I look at their innocent and angelic faces and I ask myself the same question as you, 'What did I do to be blessed with these wonderful children who make our lives so meaningful?'. Sometimes, I just want to feel them breath and feel the rise and fall of their chest, like I am trying to convince myself that I am not dreaming :).

Kids are such a blessing...Enjoy them...

InduSri

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all your birthday wishes for Riya.

When I got married, one of our relatives told me to cherish each day and not get bogged down by things that are not important. Her exact words were, "10 years will be over within a blink of an eye". Now it's been an year since I have been a mom and my relative's words sound truer than ever!

Raj

P.S. - Indu, I see that you are from La Crosse. Very close to Winona, isn't it? Winona's where we got married. :)

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

So true, Raj. God bless you and your family.

InduSri, same thoughts here - every morning when I wake up and let my eyes fall on the little 3-year old beside me, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Sleepless nights and a warzone-like-house notwithstanding, it is wonderful and humbling to be a parent. Children are such a blessing.

9. InduSri

InduSri New IL'ite

Raj,

Yes, Winona is very close to La Crosse. I see that you are in Bluegrass state. Do you mean Kentucky? Where in KY? My hubby worked in Lexington for 4 yrs before our marriage..

InduSri

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

It's a small world! Yes, it's Kentucky, and but we live on the other side of Lexington, closer to Louisville.

Raj