1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women: What we say and what we Mean

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

When I read the Bhiku master’s theory on men, I could not just sit and let it slide by without adding my theory on women!:biggrin2:
    I have ample examples so abundant I might put others to shame. Let me start with me pet peeve my DIET.
    I love to go on a crash diet and would have successfully completed one day, JUST ONE DAY, before I pester my dh with a question, ”Do I look like I have lost weight?”
    Here I have to mention that we are far from newly weds AND that he has caught on to the reply technique real fast.:lol:
    He would say (NOW), “YES”, or “Certainly” or "Absolutely" and many such nice words.
    It can be mentioned that he has a vocabulary list from which he can draw from.:shhh:
    So when we ask a question regarding our weight??????.. We mean that we should get a positive response or should I say a THIN responseJ
    Now let’s come to the wonderful topic of dressing up.:shaking:
    After wearing a saree or a nice churidhar and all set to go out except for one <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">OM</st1:place>ISSION.
    Dh has to comment. And what kind of comment can it be?
    “You look great!” or “You look stunning!” or “You look ravishing “ or “You look sooo beautiful”.
    Now it took my brilliant husband many years to catch on to this technique.
    So when we say or ask about our looks we mean a compliment is in order!
    Then there is the field of COOKING.:roll:
    Here the men should be advised to tread very carefully. By which I mean . Men should not make references to their own mothers’ way of cooking in comparison with their wives cooking.
    I learnt cooking from my mother-in-law so it is inevitable that my cooking resembles hers’. My dh is smart to compliment my cooking with no references to his mothers’ which I should mention here was far superior to mine. Kind of like an open secret.
    So when we ask “How is the food?” we expect and mean to hear “Excellent” or “Superb”.
    No references , if any, should be made if its too liquid or too solid or the mysorepak is more like rock.:twisted:
    Getting ready to go out always is a matter of minutes for my husband. On the contrary it takes me for ever. Really I don’t know why. Even if I have my saree ready I somehow manage to make it that the blouse does not FIT and so last minute scramble to find a blouse that FITS.:oops:
    Surprisingly if I do find a blouse that FITS, then hair does not look good and takes for ever to re comb and fix with a clip. Then it might become tight and then it goes on..
    Here is where expertise plays a great part.
    Over the years my dh caught on to the fact that if I say I will get ready in 10 minutes , I mean 1 Hour and 10 minutes (NO Kidding!!!!):eek
    And If I say 20 minutes, I mean 1 Hour and 20 minutes.. You get the drift.
    Before one draws on the assumption that my dh is a “swayumbhu” meaning he caught on to this time technique all by himself.. Oh No.. Fate and I had a huge part to play in his learning process.
    Today he does not a bat an eyelid but remains <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">CAL</st1:place></st1:State>M and SERENE and when I walk in he admires my saree and pays compliments lavishly!:cool:
    So ladies, have I covered all the bases or is there something more that can be said and meant by us women???

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear AC

lovely write-up. There may be many areas that still need to be covered , but initially this list will do. We can slowly keep adding to the list.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

AC....

You rock !! :thumbsup Enjoyed your words... thoroughly !! Big Laugh

With love,

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear AC,Timley post..

Here goes a sample conversation and what women(esply me) mean in brackets
    Seeing wife's solemn(read long,grumpy) face
    DH:Are you angry?
    DW:No(A BIG YES)
    DH:Are you sick?
    DW:No(NO)
    Not convinced
    DH:Am i the reason for your long face
    DW:No(A BIG YES)
    DH: Is xxxxx the reason
    DW: silence..(WHich means YES)
    else
    DW: no(NO)

DH is totally confused and leaves the place..

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    Yours mean what you mean, no doubt about it..

In my case, as it is the norm of the general public,( where men is also included.).that house-wife means she is enjoying her stay at home..bonk right..even my hubby had that idea at first and then slowly changed it to say that when you have time do this or that...(this is because of my looks whenever he said indirectly (which I got the real meaning immediately) that i do nothing at home..
    See the look meant what I meant isn't it..:thumbsup

Another one, whenever my children ask something, I will say "later on"..this worked only for some years as my elder one got what I meant which means, "NO"..So whenever I say later on...she gives me that look which means what she means..(she doesn't like that word)..

Supriya, yours rock..

sriniketan

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

So what do we understand from AC and Bhiku's thread ;-)

We humans are so mean that we complicate our lives by not answering simple questions with simple answers :rotfl:rotfl

Good ones !!

7. Anandchitra

Usha dear
    Waiting for your list!

Like you say these are my initial thoughts:)

I think I can easily outdo Bhiku because I can write so much more, me being the prime example:bowdown

Is it not interesting to see how we women and men respond and react?!

Again waiting for your list very eagerly:idea

8. Anandchitra

Dear Gowri
    Thanks for the kind words of appreciation. Really I cannot take too much credit:crazy

For one thing Bhiku started it first:idea

And for another I really have so many that I can quote from my life.. God given blessings??!!

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear AC

here is one more for adding to your list.

Whenever I try to have conversation with my DH, ( irrespective of how trivial it may seem to him), I like to hold his undivided attention for a few seconds or minutes, not give half an ear to me while doing something on the laptop or keep one eye on CNN.

In short, we DW's like to get undivided attention and occasional validation to the points we may be raising from time to time.

10. Anandchitra

Dear Supriya
    Now we get to see this humor laced side of you:thumbsup

Could not have said it better..

So instead of giving a straight answer we make them confused?

I am sure you have read Men are from Mars
    and Women are from Venus!

When I first read it when it came out I found it difficult to believe and thought most of it a joke but experience shows otherwise.