1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men : What we say and what we mean

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Bhiku Mhatre, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Bhiku Mhatre

Bhiku Mhatre Senior IL'ite

Men by nature are a proud bunch, well proud may not be the right term, maybe boastful is more appropriate. When we are with our buddies we do not like to talk about our problems, especially the problems relating to the opposite sex, we may talk about our problems in business and job, cars, taxes, favorite team losing in sports, our gambling losses due to our team losing in sports, kids etc. When it comes to wife/girlfriend a man wants to show that he made the best selection. I am married so I will write about married experiences, the bachelors (I hate you guys and envy your freedom) may have their own sets of problems and issues but I don’t give a damn about them.

In a group of women you might hear one complaining about her husband, “Yesterday I had to work until 7, I was so tired and when I got home I saw him playing video games with the kids. Their home work was not done, dinner was not ready and the house was a mess”. Her friend would extend some sympathy but would beat that “Oh Dear, I feel so sorry for you but this is nothing, he did the same things AND on top of that he had the guts to invite his friends for dinner” The third one will come up with an even worse scenario “My back was hurting so bad, I had a headache and he went to play golf all day leaving me with his relatives who are very critical of everything I did and on returning he sat down complaining that he was tired and drank beer all evening”.

A man on the other hand will go home to find that the dinner is burnt, his wife is shabbily dressed and in a horrible mood, she would give him the look and say “Your son does not know anything about mathematics, apparently he gets his genes from your side of the family, teach him some math, the laundry is in the washer, put them in the dryer and then fold the clothes and order some take out, in dealing with your daughter, who by the way is getting to act like your mom I forgot about dinner and it is spoiled. I have a headache and I am going to bed”.

Later that night or the next time he is out with his buddies he will present a totally different picture “Man this evening when I went home she was all dressed up, she made my favorite dish and she had sent the kids out to play with friends. Man she looked sexy. We had a nice, quiet and romantic dinner”. On hearing this his buddies will feel jealous and try to beat that. Apparently a man saying “My wife is a mean woman, she makes me cry every night, the kids are afraid of her, my family keeps away from me because of her” sounds un-manly

What men say and what they mean are two totally different things, once you are married long enough you can identify the real meaning

She looked hot yesterday = She was still in her work clothes and had her makeup on

Yesterday we talked = She complained and I listened

We spent a quiet evening together = She made me turn off the TV and complained

We fought and then made up = I apologized

I realized how lucky I am to have her as my wife = She brainwashed me into thinking that I am the worst husband a woman can get.

She was in the mood for it yesterday = She smiled at me

We fooled around = Our hands accidently brushed against each other and I held it and she did not resist

We made love last night = She was in the mood for it last night (but she fell asleep)

We made wild passionate love = We fooled around

We made wild passionate love several times = We made love last night

The funny thing about men is we know the other one is telling a lie, yet we believe him, we want to believe cause if there is some hope for him then maybe one day we will see light at the end of the tunnel.

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

That was a hilarious post. Its true that men are from Mars and women from Venus. Please keep more posts like this coming.

Regards,
    CC

3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

good one, keep it up.

4. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Wow Bhikuji, Really enjoyed your post..Hence, I believe, of course I believed ,but now I strongly believe that Men are quite different from what they talk,think and do..

Regards,
    Dg..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Bhiku bhaiya,
    Another one, to highlight your side of problems..:rotfl
    This is not new to us, because we always know that you speak one thing and do things the opposite way...:hide:

sriniketan

6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Bhiku bhaiya

that was a hilarious post, I enjoyed it. Keep more coming.

7. Bhiku Mhatre

Hi CC
    Thanks! Yes we are a different breed indeed, glad you found this amusing :)

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Men around the globe has always labelled the fairer sex as "they say something but do not mean it"

Thanks Bhiku bhaiyya...this post of your proves its the other way round. So ladies rejoice...we say and mean what we say.....but the men try to put their blame on us:hide:

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Bhiku
    Thats really hilarious.. keep writing!

10. Bhiku Mhatre

Huma : Thanks, glad you liked this write up :)