1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My son's view point!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Before I go to the original thing I wanted to say, here's a brief background. My 5year old is crazy and really really interested in Solar system and anything related to the sky. So there are occassions when he wakes up early to try and see a meteor and is constantly thinking about asteroids. At the same time, he is curious about life, how plants grow, how babies come, how animals come etc. Recently we had bad storms and a Robin's nest had fallen off the tree and we saw some eggs that had broken too. And we got to speaking about how chicken comes out of an egg, how eggs of different birds are different colors and also about us being vegetarian etc. We usually have very intense realistic conversations and I tell him everything as is, no made up stories.

Well, if you are wondering about how these two are related, here's the story, this evening he suddenly said "I think now I know how babies come". And I said, "Really how do you think?" He said well you have an egg inside you and when a meteor like thing touches the egg, a baby comes. Honestly it took me a minute or so to correlate that by meteor, he was thinking of the sperm (head+tail=meteor), ofcourse about which he doesn't know. I asked him how do you know about this? He said well you took me to the bodies exhibit and there I saw pictures of meteor/asteroid like things in the body near an egg! and I haven't explained any of this to him when we took him to the exhibition. I couldn't help but share here with you all.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
    7 people like this.

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srama,
    OMG...your son is a Little Genius!The way he related things at this age is something extra-ordinary.Such a great observation skill at this tender age,be careful with this smart guy around:ideayou will be having a tough timeBig Laughanswering his queries & surprised with his cute,innocent &intelligent answers.I dont know whether you have seen the movie Kutch kutch hota hai...There is a small cute genius kid who will be always watching stars & making some serious calculations.Your son reminded me of this character in the movie.My love to him...

ammu

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

W0W, your son really thinks! Do encourage this trait and I am sure he will turn out to be a great scientist and human being. It is really superb for a 5 year old to come to the conclusion like this. Do keep up his interest in matters and he will surely be a pride for the human race. I wish him all luck.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama,

Kudos to the little genius. Srama, please nurture this trait of you son, he seems to quite intelligent and observant. For a 5yr old to make this kind of observation shows his inborn skills.

5. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Hi Srama,

This is the symptoms of ur son becoming a scientist or some other great in future.Yesterday we had a discussion with couple of scientists and they were also questioning the same,it seems one of them asked his mom " mama how will the babies come??"

Do encourage ur son,questioning always hits innovation...

hugs,
    dg.

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

You should be gifted to have a little genius as your son...Tell him that there are a few things which needs to be known only when he grows a certain age. He would understand being smart..Guide him the right way.

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama
    Wow this is a great observation done by a 5 year old kid. Please encourage your little genius in whatever he wishes to do............this will help him in furture.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Rama,

Three cheers to your son. I can understand and relate to you as I have a son who turned 10 recently. he reads a lot, analyses and asks a lot of question.

My only suggestion, is don't curb his inquisitive curiosity and enthusiasm. Get as many books as possible.

My son when he was in 6+ he read some book (I think it is a collection from th e India book house) and asked me this "Mom, I know that a twin is born when the egg breaks into two.I want to know when it breaks, and how, and how can the tummy hold two babies." I had to read about it again and tell him in a polished way....

1 person likes this.
  9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Your son is a bright intelligent child ! Congratulations ! And Clap-clap for the little genius !!!!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you each and everyone of you for your kind and encouragiing words.

Ammukutty I have watched the movie but can's seem to remember the boy - I might watch again :) Thanks for your very sweet words.

Dear Varloo, Lalitha and dreamgirl, thanks for your suggestions - both me and my husband constantly try and engage him in discussions and arouse his curiosity!