1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Crush....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Scorpio,

First of all, thank you for presenting a very honest post. Many times, when we read the snippet with great interest, it turned out to be either a cat or dog or a child in the neighborhood. This is the first time it is a real person in the same age group and someone finally had the ability to share it here in IL. At that age, getting attracted by the opposite sex is very common. You perhaps didn't understand the emotions then as much as you understand it now.

After reading the snippet on Mangalasutra, now I understand how another rope called rakhi can turn life into something else and calm the society. Your honest admission to your husband, his reaction to it are all signs of good hearts. God bless your family.

It will not be nice if I explain my early age crushes at the age of 62. I got beaten up by the neurites already for watching a Hindi movie 5 times when I was 18 years old because I liked the heroine. Perhaps, my spiritual threads made everyone think that i was born with sacred ash in my head and Shiva Linga in my hand.

Viswa

7 people like this.
  2. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The poor chap I am sure was heartbroken. In my teens I have had the habit of hiding from girls on whom I had a crush. Everyone thought I was shy. But that wasn't the reason. I was terrified they would call bhaiyya someone who was dreaming of becoming their saiyya.!! On Raksha Bandhan day I used to become virtually invisible.

6 people like this.
  4. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Wow, Super honest recital of puppy love.

Poor Rakhi has a lot to answer for!

I sat and tried to remember my first crush, and can you believe it I cant!
    Actually I used to fall in love every Friday and out by Monday !! in fact I met one old flame who was all excited to meet me and I could not even recall his name! One BIG fiasco!

Anyway now I am married to a wonderful man and flirtatious desires have fled , not even memories.

2 people like this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Scorpio buddy, Nice to read a snippet from you and no surprises there, it is on love. That's what scorpions think about and who would know it better than me:rotfl

Your First Crush experience reminds me of a famous Shayari

Woh Thumak Thumak ke gai, Woh Thumak Thumak ke aayi
    Mein Sindoor leke baitha tha, Woh Rakhi le ke aayi

(She went swinging her body, She came swinging her body
    I was waiting with Sindoor in hand, she came with a Rakhi)

Hope you are in touch with your rakhi brother. You got a good deal a good brother and a good husband. :thumbsup

My first crush was a boy in college and he was punjabi so was off-limits.

3 people like this.
  6. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Scorpio,

When I read the post of Akansha regarding her firsts, it brought so many memories of my first. I was to write about a few in some threads. You beat me to it by writing about your first crush. It was so nice reading about it. We all go through these phases in life. I too has a crush in school days, but it did not go beyond school days and an occasional talk. He was in a different class and during the +2 in a different group.

Today when i sit and think of all those days it brings a big smile to my face. I too discuss all these things that I did with my husband and we laugh together.

Regards
    Uma

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Scorpio dear it was interesting to read and surprised to read that you shared with your DH too. It was nice of him not to say anything. All men are not the same. He seems to be big hearted. Might be he thought you were too young at that time so must have excused you and again surprised that you tied Rakhi to him.

Quote Truth of the matter is we meet people at different stages, people from all walks of life. Some go on to be dear, some special, some that we care. But “Love” happens with one and I am happy, blessed and glad to be married to my DH who is my best friend, who tolerates all my whims and facies, my madness, my tantrums and the package that I come with. Quote

True dear we meet so many people at different stages, at young age we like so many people , love happens only with one and those days we cant tell anyone and cant get married to the person we love. Glad you have got a good husband who tolerates allyour whims and facies etc.

You might not believe I had my first crush while working at the age of 22 yrs. Whenever I used to see him , my heart used to feel dhak, dhak. We were always good friends. Whole office knew about our friendship and he also used to tease me in front of everyone but noone misunderstood us because everyone knew that we both were innocent. We lived in the same place and used to go in the same train. I only kept name for his wife , as after marriage they change their wife's name.

2 people like this.
  8. Scorpio707

Viswa Sir,

I am delighted and overwhelmed to have gotten a response from you. Thank you so much for reading my post and your wishes. Nice of you to share your side of fantasy/interest as well, some of the sweetest and best moments in life are in the most simplest of forms. Thank you again.

9. Scorpio707

Breaking his heart was better than having mine broken later Balajee :rotfl . You seem to have had many "Crushes" ...how many Raksha Bandhan Days were you gone then...hahahhaha. Thanks for your response.

10. Scorpio707

Hi Shobha,

Yours is the shortest love story I have ever heard, starting Friday and ending on Monday :-D . Glad you liked my snippet. Thank you.