1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the real secret to live in real happiness?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by desichica, Feb 11, 2016.

1. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

I am not good in writing, but I read something really good on Facebook. I felt like sharing it here:

Good and bad, wealth and poverty, praise and blame go together in this world. You cannot derive happiness out of happiness (Na sukhat labhate sukham). Happiness comes only out of sorrow. A wealthy man today may become a pauper tomorrow. Similarly, a pauper may become a rich man some day or other. Today you are being praised, but tomorrow you may be criticised. To consider praise and blame, happiness and sorrow, prosperity and adversity with equal-mindedness is the hallmark of a true human being. The Gita declares, “Remain equal-minded in happiness and sorrow, gain and loss, victory and defeat (Sukha Dukhe same kritva labhalabhau jayajayau). You can truly enjoy your life as a human being only when you consider both sorrow and happiness, profit and loss with equanimity. There is no value for happiness without sorrow. Therefore, welcome sorrow if you want to experience real happiness.
    Pleasure is an interval between two pains. - Baba

https://www.facebook.com/rakeshsurat?fref=nf

1 person likes this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi @desichica :)
    nice one . I think It is called "Sithapragnantha" in Bhagavthgeetha.I feel it is very difficult to maintain equal mindedness in all situations as a human being . I Always try not to be overwhelmed in any situation . Live simple ,be good , do good and be happy in my limits this is my motto .:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi @desichica,

Pair of opposites are required for us to exist in the world. How we would ever know what is happiness if we don't experience pain? I have said it many times but repeat it again here. Our life is like a free flowing river and the two banks on either side are pleasure and pain. We can't indulge in either one of them if we need to reach the destination called, "Ocean of love".

Viswa

1 person likes this.