1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feb 14th are we in Love or in Lust?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Feb 11, 2016.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends,

In Love even an object is elevated to Life. In lust even a living being becomes a mere object.

Lust demands, Love commands.

Lust brings tension ; Love brings Relaxation.

Lust says,'All I want you to have is what i want'. Love says,' I want you to have what you want'.

Are we in Love or in Lust?

In the name of love we try to manipulate and control the other person. When you love someone and see their faults, stay with them and help them fill the holes. This is wisdom.

People say .'I love God because He is great'. What if God is found to be ordinary, just one of us? Then our love and God collapse.

If love is based on qualities of a person, that love is not stable.

After some time the qualities change and the love becomes shaky. Loving someone because of their greatness or uniqueness is third rate love. Neither qualities nor actions can be perfect all the time. Am I right?

Loving someone because they belong to you, great, or otherwise , is unconditional love.When love springs from a sense of belongingness, then the actions and qualities do not overshadow the Love.

What are the different ways to get a sense of belongingness?
    Knowledge, Service, Seva, Satsang, Spiritual practice, and coming together in celebration help us to get a sense of belonging.

These are signs of Love.
    When you love someone you see nothing wrong with them. Even if you see a fault in them you justify it in some way. Everyone does that its normal. you think you have not done enough for them and the more you do the more you want to do for them. They are always in your mind. Ordinary things become extraordinary. When you love someone you want to see them always happy and you want them to have the best.

The visible sign of utter love is an undying smile.

Let love be. Do not give a name. Then it becomes a relationship. Imposing a relationship on love restricts it.

You feel comfortable with someone who does not question your love. When someone doubts your love they start questioning you and demanding explanations for all your actions. It is a burden of love.

If someone is just there with you they do not question . They are like your arm. There is a through understanding and questions do not arise. Neither demand an explanation nor give an explanation.

True love brings freedom.

When you are in Love you say 'I want nothing just I want this'. Renunciation is I do not want anything. i am free. Only one who renounced can truly love.

There are three kinds of Love. The love that comes out of charm, the love comes out of comfort and divine love.

The love that comes out of charm type does not last long. It comes out of attraction. It may diminish and bring along with it fear, uncertainty, insecurity and sadness.

The love comes out of comfort and familiarity grows. But it has no thrill, no enthusiasm no joy or fire in it.

Divine love supersedes all. It never boredom and it keeps you alert and aware.

Worldly love can be like an Ocean yet it has a bottom. Divine love is like the sky- limitless.

From the bottom of the Ocean sour into the vast sky.

3 people like this.

2. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Lust or Love..

i am not getting words to express my feeling..i got to knw lot of things from this post..and which i knw but never had thought on it..

this article need to be posted in paper..Mullai:hatsoff...you deserve this...

3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

4. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

thank you friends!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mullai,

Thank you for presenting your thoughts on love, an important subject that is often and mostly misunderstood. In my humble view, there is only one love that is divine and unconditional love. Everything else that we see in our day to day life is not love. Whatever name we would like to call it, it might have arisen out of attraction, procreation, benefits arising out of such companionship, to please kith and kin, etc. They are very conditional in nature.

A true love is uniform to all the living beings and it doesn't look at the appearance, quality, health, wealth, cleanliness, knowledge, experience, species, etc. Love is not the quality of the body or mind and it is the quality of the divine existence that resides inside of us. It flows naturally when a living being invoke the divinity inside.

It has to flow from the soul to another soul. The act of the bodies and minds should be irrelevant to such act of love that flows from the soul. Therefore, in my humble opinion love begets love. It gives and forgives whereas anything else gets and forgets.

Everything is based on love and love alone. The human being is born in love, is sustained in love and ultimately merges in love. Love is the basis of human life. But we are forgetting such true love and are getting carried away by the worldly and physical relationship, which is not love in the true sense.

When we see the Creator in everyone and ourselves, the love is complete. Every form is from One. When we love others, we love ourselves. The Universal Absolute separated itself to many so that it could love itself. When we saturate the love for the fellow beings uniformly with no stings attached, we have experienced the true love invoked from our Self.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  6. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Your response is very impressive. Then very often I will say " I Love Love". From your reply I could find an another person who Loves Love. I could find a clarity in your reply. You have a very clear view about Love. Thank you for your response. God bless you.