1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

She!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Her face shone then and each and every loose strand of hair seemed to be dipped in gold. She had just woken up and the cherubic kid in her was in mirth beyond boundaries. She just opened her eyes and flashed a smile. The beautiful canvas shied even further taking a shade of beet red. "Pop!" came a lone kid suddenly from nowhere, confirming and assuring her arrival.

With the patience of a kid blowing the birthday candles, the entire scene changed. It looked as though a progressively dark canvas was wrapped all over, as she gently stretched. By then most of her kids had already arrived. Twinkling and greeting anyone who looked at them, they were a happy bunch, coming out with their lovely mom in a grand fashion, as though they are going to a feast. Yes, it still is a feast to the eyes, I tell you. Their youngest sister was already out and her sheer radiance stopped everyone who looked her up. She seemed to have a complexion that is envied by everyone, but most of us also know that her beauty did not just lie in her appearance.

The lone kid was still far from the others, but made his presence felt by glowing above them all. They all revered him and he always took a fixed favorite spot of his in the ground. Slowly, the mother got more quieter and the temporary shades helped her kids a lot in playing hide and seek. The girl couldn't win much in that game, as she was almost lighting the screens that she hid behind, but didn't cry too. The mom on the other hand, seemed to grow a lot heavier, perhaps due to her next stage of pregnancy then and seemed to exhale and inhale slowly with effort. The trees below, were all waiting for her suffering to end. She brought a tranquil to the entire place and her kids were obviously oblivious of that. Slowly, she started getting darker first and then, the kids found that their mom was not alright. Their faces went a bit dimmer as she paled. Her pallor was getting more and more profound and the kids were all lining near her, worried. She waved them to go far off and except that youngest daughter, everybody went off, rather wishing to stay. She turned a bit greyish from black and it looked like any moment.

The few temporary screens around, were translucent and reflected her shades then. Her face turned red and I never exactly knew when she gently convulsed, pushing her daughter to the far end just then. All I could see was that the entire area seemed to be suddenly painted in growing shades of red, to reflect her and the screens seemed to be on fire. One invisible push and she delivered another one, a magnificent and a far more dearer kid just then. One look at the kid and she let out a relief, seeing him so happy and being happy herself. He was welcomed by one and all from far and near and he quickly came up to see and greet them.

She disappeared with that enigmatic smile of hers as it dawned.

p.s. Just for those who didn't get this till now - the woman is the night and her kids were the stars and moon, her tiny daughter. The lone kid is the pole star. The newborn? You know who he is. Don't you?

6 people like this.
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear rgs
    Yes I did not get it till I read at the end.
    Superb. Yr style is damning good
    Regards
    Kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Nicely written.
    Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Kamalji, for your appreciation. Happy to receive your feedback as always. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Vaidehi71, for your appreciation. -rgs

6. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Hello! I did not get it too. But I am poetically challenged.

1 person likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,
    Simply superb! You have taken a topic-'glass-handle with care'and dealt with it nicely ending in Suryodhayam.

Normally the poet is stated to be pregnant with many thoughts in his mind and his struggle to come out with the apt expressions.The first poem composed with too much of mental and physical stress is comparable to the first conception/delivery.
    Each poem is a new conception and continuous writing reduces pain as in the case of subsequent deliveries and lack of fear.The same is applicable to novel or story writing and performance of an artist on a stage.Many vidwans used to comare each kacheri to a delivery.On many occasions in spite of the pains put forth, the end product does not come out to the satisfaction of the composer ,or performer,just like miscarriage or not mal-formed or partially developed baby( physically or mentally) giving lot of stress to the mother.The poem or novel or performance ,if does not turn out to the fullest satisfaction in harmony to the events depicted in a movie or celebration, becomes a flop.This happens even in case of experienced vidwans or cine directors.

In the same vein, the process of spiritual birth and advancement is froth with pain and labour of some sort. Like the baby in the dark enclosure of the womb who sees light upon delivery, the human being aspiring for spiritual growth is translated from the kingdom of darkness to light, through the process of spiritual birth.
    When I was in Pre University Class we were listening to a lecture by Chinmayananda in which he dealt with in greater detail with delivery pains.He told in crystal clear terms that delivery pain is 100% imaginary and not at all so painful as all women brag about.He compared it just to the efforts of a constipated person and nothing more.
    As it was a woman's college, many lecturers and students stood in chorus and conveyed the protest that generally men, especially Chinmayananda had no business to talk about delivery pangs about which he had no personal experience and he had to apologise for what he spoke.
    However he wrote a big article in the magazine issued by Chinmaya mission on the same topic once again confirming his stand.

Just my thoughts.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

Hope you liked reading this Shobamma. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Jayasala madam for your beautiful response as usual. And for nominating this post too. I took the liberty of a dreamer and wrote about the night in particular, imagining many things associated with it. You went in a different plane, where you took it as about pregnancy and labor, am sure, for adding more value to this post. It gave me a learning - In your eyes, anything small or insignificant doesn't exist at all! Thanks again. -rgs

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What an exquisite piece of writing, RGS!

1 person likes this.