1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where we are??How we are???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nivyamohan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. nivyamohan

nivyamohan Silver IL'ite

Recently many incidents which i saw and also took place around me made me to feel really depressed about the mankind or humanity what we feel about/ to say what we are doing.....Actually a big question arises when we talk about those two powerful words which is playing an equally important role in an individual's routine... Now a days people are not even getting time to look back their past..they really don't know the meaning of kindness...i'm not blaming everybody, applauds for those who really show some kindness to the people...why is this happening? are we getting struck in those daily machine like work...families are not getting engaged with their studies/co curricular activities are whatever we call it as...childhood days are changing from playing games with neighbor kids to Ipad subway surf....they are also forced to look into a shrunken world...whats all these.. when this kids will get time to explore themselves...in our days we used to go to picnics spend some weekends with families...annual holidays in our cousin's home all sorts of fun is totally missing..coming back to the humankind.. yesterday i saw a gentleman who was feeding the crows in the terrace..i was totally astonished about his behavior..that too in this busy bee city someone is really worried about a creature...none of them are ready to think about y we are like this..help everybody..when i say this, the first thing which is striking my mind is "help=serving/gifting some things to orphanage,or donations". obviously i appreciate the people who do it until or unless it does not turn up to publicity....no need to do such big things which we can't..but things like helping the neighbor or somebody who need it...such small small things will make you really fulfilled at least in the future ..the joy in helping others you can't measure it....a kind request posting/sharing/like some heart touching videos is not gonna help them out..expand your hands to reach out them or people like them...be a change maker...some day at some point you will feel the happiness, the eternal joy inside you....I poured out my anxiousness.. sorry if i hurt anyone..

4 people like this.

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear NivyaMohan,

Yes we live in a very selfish world. People have no time for themselves but for others too. The young should be taught to be more helpful to others and be kind.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

But thats what happens isnt it? Get up, write feedback, post videos/writeups in FB/WA/IL, Like posts in facebook/WA/IL, and think that "we have done our bit to help someone"! Switch on computer, escape to virtual life is easy. Real life is harder.

4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Helping animals & other creatures is great. What about helping other people? are we really helping the right person?

For example: I met a lady in train, she was asking money by distributing some leaflets, which says she has a 2 year old daughter and need money to feed her. I gave some money to that lady, but my colleagues travelling with me objected for whatever i did, their version was, am giving a wrong example to that lady bcoz she will spend that money on cigarettes or drugs. In other two instances I gave money to two old people who stopped me near the bus stop and asked for money to buy a ticket as they lost their pass / wallet. I gave money, again I got a lecture from my colleagues.

My intention was to help them, whether they are right or wrong i don't know which i cannot prove. If they are right then I am doing a good job, if they are wrong am I doing anything wrong? Whenever i face these kind of instances, only one thing comes to my mind....May be they are right and really in need of help. If they are wrong, then my money got wasted....so what may be sometimes even am wasting money on unnecessary shopping.... right? but yes i have to be ready to face the objections or criticism.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nivya,

We have seen the humanity in full flow in the recent floods in Chennai. People cutting across all religions helped each other to overcome the ordeal. I recently reviewed TED.com video and the speaker Kelly said when men and women are in stress, the best thing to do is to reach out and share the problems and it is even better if we could help others.

In my view, human nature has three different attitude of indolence, active and kind and anyone of them shows up from time to time depending on how we develop our character. I have migrated to the US in 1995 and for the past 20 years, I have been doing significant amount of community service here after learning how people get involved in the well being of others here. But before I migrated to the US, I spent 40 plus years in India without even thinking about helping the people in need. Occasionally, I donated blood and helped poor people only when they asked for help.

Recently, I had been to India and we were planning to travel to Karnataka on a particular day. For some strange reason, I got very sick on that morning and hence canceled the trip and rescheduled to leave three days later. On that night, none of us could sleep because one of the street dogs was crying throughout the night. I decided to step out to help this dog. Something happened to his leg and he was not able to stand up. He was in the middle of the road. I consulted an attorney who was walking the street with is dog and he suggested that if I could get a cloth, he could help me move the dog to the corner of the street. We successfully carried out that act. After that I called my wife's friend who helps street dogs for the past 25 years.

She took our call at 5 a.m. in the morning and suggested to give milk to that dog. We gave two full glasses of milk to the dog and it really helped him not only recover from the pain but to sleep for a while. Later, my wife's friend showed up to take this dog to the Vet. We were delayed to leave for Karnataka but decided to finish this first before we venture out to the temples.

I sincerely believe helping others bring the best in us. The hands that helps is holier than the lips that pray.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  6. nivyamohan

nivyamohan Silver IL'ite

Thank you guys for the response...