1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If there is a will, there is a way!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Feb 6, 2016.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Actually its happened in the year 2000. I was working in Chennai and my husband was in Mandya Karnataka.

I always used to catch that Mysore express from Central.

I had to go from Mangadu to Central.

When I packed my luggages I kept money and important documents and the purse everything deep inside the bag.

But if the TTR ask the ticket for checking, it will be easy if it is kept in the place where it is easily accessible. So I kept the ticket and change for bus in the purse, and the purse in the outside bag with zip.

When the bus was in the previous bus stop, I took the purse out , taken the change and then kept inside.

The central bus came from Poondhamalli , but I had to board in between stopping Kumananchavadi.

Since its 8pm bus stop was little dark and also only 2 or 3 people were waiting there.

The bus came and just i boarded and somebody boarded after me and just got down immediately.

I did not take it serious. But the conductor asked me to check my bag since he noticed somebody has opened my bag and taken something.

When i checked I could find out that i have missed my ticket.

What to do? 1 min it was great shock to me.

My husband will be waiting there eagerly for my arrival. I told myself Mullai try.
    So quickly my mind started working out.

I know the compartment name and the seat number. So I reached the central station and made enquiries how to get the duplicate ticket.

I just forgot that i am a lady alone and also standing in the central during night time.

Duplicate tickets will not be issued in the same building but in the adjacent building.

Just chanting God's name , at last I got the ticket and reached the train 1 hr before.

What did I learnt from this journey?
    1. Every small thing is important during travel. So we must be alert with an awareness who are around us. Keep everything safe. The robbers does not know what we have kept. Just they chase and throw.

2. Whatever be the situation, do not get panic. Just relax and think over what can we do to come over the situation. Try our best till the last moment. Be clear.

3. Its better to be in the destination at least 1 hour before not with hurry.

4. Above all it is not advisable to open the purse in public places.

At last When I sat in my seat, Just I felt that I have accomplished something on that day.

If there is a Will , there is a way.

10 people like this.
  2. uma1966

uma1966 Platinum IL'ite

The last 4 points are really Good. At any point of time, we should not loose temper.

1 person likes this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mullai,

Any other person in your place would have panicked and might have taken wrong decisions. Best thing is to keep your cool and move ahead with right solutions. Good one!

Agatha83

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Mullai good points to be noted from your writeup.well said.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow! Good presence of mind and determination. I was a lot younger then. Just finished my M.Sc and was trying for jobs. I had an interview at Hyderabad. I had booked the ticket and boarded the train. I have a habit of checking out my ticket again and again just to make sure it is there. I got into the train and took my seat. I went to check my handbag and found it open. The little purse with the ticket was missing. I panicked. Did not know what to do. I was so shaken, I just got off and went back home with dad. Still remember that day so clearly!

1 person likes this.
  6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @MULLAI62,

An inspiring write up out of a stunning situation in life.

I loved the sentence," I told myself Mullai, try..". Many of us may not hear this voice from within.

You converted a weak situation to a source of strength. A threatening situation into an opportunity to fight and win!

Nice!

2 people like this.