1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems in Queue

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jan 10, 2016.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

From Nov 2015, problems were standing in queue.My husband just slipped over a small plastic cover which resulted in four fractures in his ribs requiring complete bed rest for 4 months with an adhesive bandage- no bending, no walking, no climbing leave alone lifting weights.I had to go in for MRI to rule out lung obtrusion.
    Just 15 days were over.Flood entered Chennai house- a problem shared by many.No electricity, no communication.Started a flashback of life spent in 1950s.All the restrictions imposed on my husband had to be automatically relaxed during crisis.
    All the houses got back power, but not our unfortunate residence.There was a major cable problem and fire broke out due to high voltage.Luckily we identified in time and switched off the mains. That could not be set right as the underground water was still at just two feet level.
    Again no electricity for a week.
    Mental agony started when the authorities gave temporary connection thro a loop- a really dangerous proposition when so many urchins play on the road.After a long lapse of 22 days the authorities agreed to replace the cable at our cost, mind it-not a small amount-a fat figure of Rs 30,000/
    As though this is not enough ,our computer stand with all the ingredients collapsed.

Just 40 hours' of flood has caused so much of miseries,still fridge, micro oven and motor not yer repaired, thanks to Iyappa season, no worker is available.
    Just a thought.

"Why doesn't God help me in my troubles?" This is a legitimate question to ask. If we are going through tough times, we need to know why, and what we should do when we are in them. If not we become confused, frustrated and disillusioned.

God does not look upon trouble as we do. Where we see stress he sees opportunities. Where we see crisis, He sees growth and betterment. God's purpose in times of crisis and trouble is to teach His children precious lessons. They are intended to educate, and build us up. And when we learn from them and ride out these storms of life, we will see the great promise fulfilled-a growth in maturity and strength.

Unexpected crises are a part of life, they are like storms. At this moment you are in one of three storm categories; either you just came out of a one, or you are in a one right now, or you are headed into one. Such as it is with crises, they cannot be escaped, even if you hide in the storm shelter it is still there pounding away!

Problems can be a blessing in disguise, because they can prevent us from being harmed by something more severe. Such as a car breaking down just before it reaches the railroad tracks as a train is zooming by. Car breakdowns are stressful and costly, but the train is even more so.
    A real opportunity to know the real world.

"You've never lived until, you've almost died; And for those who chose to fight, life has a special flavour, the protected will never know!"

A lining is that precious opportunity,an undiscovered prosperity that accompanies each cloud.We humans have a tendency to look at a graver picture when not needed..Noticing the silver line is just out of question while we face dark cloud.

Its only after we're done dealing with it, we notice the silver line it left behind and around us, in our life, to add that mettle in our experience and a flake in our memoirs.

What was the lining?The city dwellers who normally have'don't care for others' attitude were found wholeheartedly helping many,preparing breakfasts, distributing water packets, guiding many to reach the refugee camps.The city youngsters have proved their worth.The street wanderers who were doing nothing but humming cine tunes, making comments on 'figures',turned out to be Chennai heroes.The calamity helped us see the real heart behind these so called masses.

The other day I was reading an article about'Hope' written by a great philosopher.
    "For the hope of tomorrow you sacrifice today.It is the unhappy who fill their lives with concern for tomorrow,which they call 'hope'.To live happily is to live without'hope'.The man of 'hope' is not a happy man, he knows only despair.The hope seeking mind is simply seeking escapism.It is the'hope'that brings problems and the connected crisis".

Even after deep contemplation I am still unable to come to terms with the remarks of the philosopher.

With my experience in dealing with many critical situations in life,I still feel that we need to look for and collect more of these silver lines and the fact is that they always seem hidden beneath the clouds.

Jayasala 42

6 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Both dark clouds and silver linings show up at the time of calamity. We develop hitherto non existant solidarity for our fellow beings and at the same time it is a golden opportunity for profiteering. See how prices of essential commodities like milk skyrocketed in Chennai.

3. jayasala42

Dear Balajee,
    The calamities whether man made or God made ,reveals both sides of human beings.All activities in the word have two sides.
    Jayasala 42

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya mam
    It was heart wrenching to read all the difficulties you faced one after the other especially at this age and alone too! I hope its all over now. When it rains it pours. First of all should learn from you how to act in crisis. It needs so much wisdom to handle something like this level headedly. Its not easy to start from scratch. Yes as you said the lining is the good hearts we got to see in this crisis.
    Take care

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear I also second what Jskls has written. Your experience in life has made you strong and you are able to face the problems with patience. YOu are a role model for all of us here. God bless you and keep you always healthy and happy

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala,

I can empathize with your problems since I have been under similar situations and undergone a lot of mental turbulence. A month in the stroke ward of a Hospital taking care of my bedridden mother taught how life can completely take away all the independence we take for granted in just one second. So whatever may be our problems we have to grin and bear it and pray to God to give us the courage and perseverance to face the music stoically.Though age is not on our side the maturity to handle complex things is there, which can sail us through troubled waters. Wish you all the best.

Agatha83

7. jayasala42

Thank you Jskls for yourkind words.
    Jayasala 42

8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

When a problem arises it does have its impact on a person mind and has significant impact of the performance of the individual. It is great that you are able to cope with so many problems which has affected you both.

As you had told before this too shall pass and you would reflect on these memories in future. Hope is part of the coping mechanism a body and mind requires and that hope is what motivates a person to move ahead inspite of the many hurdles in life he faces. Without hope a person would be thinking of the past and present misfortunes and the mind would not be able to function properly.

Take care,
    Vaidehi

9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala mam

You are a true role model for us. Amazingly you are facing each hurdle with heads high. The philosophers interpretation of hope, stirred me. I guess, if the hope is the other form of desire then certainly it is going to make us despair. I agree that we need to make each moment the best to date then upcoming moments will be best too.
    Lots of good wishes for your and your husband good health. I truly pray that you both recover from your recent health issues.
    Vani

10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hello Aunty,
    i am damn sure that you are rich in energy and strength. What else I can say more. while we are not ready to accept even 10% of sufferings of yours, still cursing God and ourself for this pathetic condition, you are turning everything into positivity. I would say it is an art. The main lesson i got from your snippet is to never give up hope. An absolute heart wrenching snippet which will give us hope and confidence that nothing is permanent in this life even the troubles. Thank you for grroming our confidence and my sincere prayers for all your troubles get vanished in this New year
    Tace good care of you and your DH