1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Women Fight...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bmaquarius, Dec 20, 2015.

1. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

When women fight.... it's not just fight..... it's all out war. We don't ask for many reasons to do it either.
    I work for government establishment where we are suitably graded into classes, quite like apples and mangoes- A,B,C etc. The officers are required to share cabin space so ego tussle is inevitable. Women in question belong to different grades, and require to share the room along with all things -phones, filing cabinets, cupboards, phones, computers, right to the tea sets. As expected things soured quickly and battle lines were drawn, and room literally partitioned with cabin space measured to the last inch, demarcating every object. Door and phones banged expressing disgust or anger, messages not conveyed, and lady with the window view has virtually blocked the light out of the other's life with high partitioning depriving other of any ventilation or air conditioning. Now mind you women here are no ordinary fish wives, but, belong to the Indian administrative services one of the highest decision making authority in the government. Now, staff is automatically drawn to take sides, top boss practically wrung his hands, while colleagues snigger.
    When women fight, they do it with all their heart and soul. Any two men at the same time would have settled over couple of beer, and shook hands manfully. But, women can hit back real hard, get brutally unforgiving if they wanted to. What makes it difficult for a woman to move on??

At housing society committee meetings, the guys disagree and slug it out and their women extending faithful support carry on the grudge for years on. At our place there was one such issue of mobile tower installation which, split the society members vertically. Couple of weeks later, the menfolk settled the whole thing over drink and dinner, but, a decade down the women continue to be at war.

Since, I commute a lot by Mumbai local trains, I see women are like time bombs waiting to explode anytime. Any trigger and perfectly dressed women are frothing choicest expletives, sometimes arriving at blows. It doesn't end there, every time they see the other they have made mincemeat simply by looking over. The story is carried several times over discussed at offices home and friend till both are well disgraced and slaughtered many times over. We never forgive leave alone forget.

Men at the same time, after few mother father gaalis have moved on.
    Blame it on the genes, we're differently wired.

Take our homes for instance, the daughter in law and mother in law are at war, over trivial matters occurred decades ago, at the time of marriage, or see ceremony, yet will continue to remember till either suffers memory loss. The hatchet might be buried deep down but it's brought to the centre fore in the event of any trigger, beginning it afresh. Its like- you did this to me, and I'll remember till my last breath. But men are ok with most things, a man may not like his son in law but can remain civil and even end up sharing a drink in later years, without much ado. But not us. We have far too many dignity issues- your mother was like this, your aunt said this, sister in law who did that, co sister who was like this so on. So, the fight is always multidimensional with cascading effect.

When they are not fighting the world, they are fighting themselves.
    Women carry lot of baggage. When they leave for work they are thinking of kids project, bus pick up, PTA on Saturday, tomorrow's instruction for maid, pick veggies way. Once back home, they're thinking of pending desk work for tomorrow, the weekend party and pretty Ms Raima who never looked her age who's going to steal the thunder, so visit to salon. So.... they are pretty messed up in the head and any factor would drive them up the wall.
    A man is pretty sorted what he wants and what he's doing. It's quite easy. He knows he's going for the party and will see the pretty Ms Raima and have a blast. Period.

7 people like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

it all started very seriously bt the way you end it...pretty much liked it :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

All I could do is, laugh. he he :rotflgigglingsmiley.. seems pretty much true of what you have written, especially with mumbai people - who are already stressful due to overpopulation and so it gets reflected in commuting, getting job, traffic, high cost of living etc.

All in all, good post.

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Good one, when you mentioned about fight first thing which came to my mind was the fight in the mumbai trains.

2 people like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear bmaquarious,
    Women are emotional by nature, and it is this inherent nature of women, which leads to frustration, ending up in deadly fights even for unworthy reasons.Men are more straight forward,less emotional and have no emotional baggage.You have made your point crystal clear through your last few lines.Good one!

2 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:)

A rare moment of marital candor had me once ponder - who has it tougher.. the man who has to live with the woman, or the woman who is her.

A rarer moment had me observing that the woman's mind can be like two monkeys with one banana.

Men are simple beings.

1 person likes this.
  7. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

Good to be back hope you folks find the write up interesting just like us...

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Madam, A crystal clear analysis of women.This is the general trend, though exceptions may be there.The positive feature of this tendency makes a woman a great achiever, determined to take steps during crisis.
    Whereas a man stumbles while facing a major problem woman sets aside the misgivings, indulges in what is practical and makes up her mind to face the ordeal.The fighting spirit in woman that takes the credit.She faces death of near ones, terminal illness of family members with the same fighting spirit.
    What is there? let her fight.All is well that ends well.
    jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

i lived four years in a women's hostel during my studies and have experienced the girl fight. But I will say this, when it comes to multi tasking, linking things, women are much better than men. Also, a women does all the tasks whether she likes it or not. Men do only the tasks that they like.

didn't intend to start any divide here. Just expressed some thoughts that came to my mind.

Nicely written bmaquarious

2 people like this.