1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my growing laziness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by surekhap, Nov 24, 2015.

1. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

once up on a time there lived a girl named surekha in a city. she is known for her activeness, will power ,self confidence, determination.

I have to use the phrase "once up on a time" because now i am left with non of the abilities i am known for. All my friends and teachers, lecturers, neighbouring people always used to get astonished of all the qualities. Now they are surprised to see me totally opposite when i met them after 8 years in a function.

This is all because of my laziness i know that but still felling lazy to kick out the laziness from my life. always postponing that for tomorrow.

After my first pregnancy I put on weight which is a common thing for women. I have reduced 20 kgs of weight at a stretch because of a single comment of my husband.

activeness:
    I worked out for 4 hours a day, managed my young one, all the household chore with out a maid, washed cloths with out a washing machine, cleaned up the total house along with the shelves every week, offered pooja two times a day, help my son with his education.Every sat full day shopping, used to manage the other outdoor chores.Other than that I used to stitch, do embroidery on sarees, painting, and preparing origami flowers, practice mehandi designs, nail art, learning online bridal makeup techniques.

will power and determination:
    I did not eat even a piece of sweet in the course of my weight lose process even after 6 functions, and many visits of relatives to my house . never skipped my exercise even it rained i use to walk in my house.

self confidence:
    Though i was not a good ranker i challenged one of my friend who is always first ranker and i proved my confidence is self confidence but not the over confidence.
    Though i do not take all the things seriously but once challenge is their i will make sure that i will win with all my efforts and hard work.

Now I heardly do any of that. My exercise time reduced to 1 hour and that too irregular , though no maid use all the electronic gadgets, hardly spend 1or 2 hours in the kitchen. pooja reduced to one time and the time too has been reduced , shopping only online . Find reasons to engulf kgs of ice cream and sweets.
    Its not an exaggeration It became 3 months i stepped out of my house.

Its not only just about the weight in all the aspects I lost my confidence, determination, will power and i know laziness is the main reason behind this . Now my laziness has gone to its peak that i feel lazy even to type a snippet.

To day i decided I am going to kick the laziness out of my life and invite back my dearest abilities back into my life. Thus started one hour walk today and also posting this snippet about my all grown up laziness.

9 people like this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Surekha :)
    you already came out of your only one drawback (laziness) and started new avatar to recover your dearest abilities :). Don't worry, you will achieve your goal soon and all the best for you....

1 person likes this.
  3. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Dear@Lathasv for your first feedback and sweet words and also for the best wishes.:Bow:

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Surekha,

a small peice of advise from u, dont take it otherwiise please.
    i too am very lazy. So what i do is, do all the jobs i hate first, so that once they are out of teh way, then i can lie back and be lazy.
    like i go for morning walks, then come and have lots of sweet tea, for i feel i have deserved my tea, rather that i have earned it.HAHA

So walk, exercise, cook, do all that u want to do, then come and sit at the computer, write blogs, read blogs, and u will really enjoy and not feel guilty.

What say ?

Regards

kamal

5 people like this.
  5. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

Knowing the weakness itself is like taking the first step towards success. Good that you've done it.

Now consistency needed - like if you did walk one hour today, you please continue for the next 21days - since every new habit takes that much time or little more to get wired in us. So do consistently of all you do. (check the pic attached).

@Kamalji advice is best in this. When you have finished the hard work/work you hate first, then everything else will be easy.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @ kamalji for reading my snippet and for the valuable advice sir .

I will surely follow it sir.

9515622-h-bsches-m-dchen-aus-bung-flexibilit-t-mit-stretching-haltung.jpg

7. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Thank you sir, for reading my snippet and also for the advice..
    Surely i will continue my walk of one hour for next 21 days.:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  8. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

When i read your snippet, i could relate it to myself. From childhood days, i am very fond of sweets, choclates. I put lot of weight recently even though i reduced intake sweets. Before 15 months, i took a resolution that i should not eat a single piece of sweet or chcolate and i suceeded it for one month. Many relatives used to visit us and we also went to many relatives house. when they knew that i am visiting them, they used to make different varieties of sweets because they knew i love sweets. Because of my resolution, i didnt even touch a single piece. I dont know when i started eating sweets again.
    I still dont understand why i could take any resolution now by not having sweets, choclates and ice creams. After reading yours, i really got inspired and going to take the resolution again which i took long back and want to be healthy and fit.
    Anyways all the best.

1 person likes this.
  9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I don't call it is laziness.Looks like you are not getting enough inspiration or being challenged.One of those.So find ways to get inspired or challenged.Then you will be back to square one.

Even I do have these up and downs in life.And that is very common.So you need to find ways to make life more interesting.re-invent things, that's the only way to move forward in life.

1 person likes this.
  10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Dear @divshiri87 first of all thank you for the feedback.

We start it as just one time and that one time continuous for all the time.

Glad to know that the snippet that i wrote for self motivation has also inspired you.

All the best to you too.mademydaysmiley