A Friend

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by daisy2015, Nov 21, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Have you ever thought whom you considered as friends?

Is it the one who stood by your side physically and helped you or the one who said "it is going to be ok"?

Did it ever occur to you if you are missed by your friends like you miss them when they are not in touch?

These thoughts occurred to me when I was traveling in bus and was viewing the stars at night from the window and the first rain drop touched my face.

I closed the glass window so that I won't get wet but then I was reminded of my Chennai friends who were facing problems due to heavy rainfall. My heart sent silent prayers to god to keep them safe and healthy. That was when I realized that they have occupied a special place in my heart in this very short period I have been active on IL. As a result of the hectic schedule I couldn't check my mails or messages. Then finally when I got an opportunity to come online on IL from my mobile (which was showing low battery) I was glad to see messages from those friends enquiring each other about their welfare and replying that they are safe. I was glad that I saw those messages as I was getting worried about them.

After giving a few replies (because my phone went dead) I kept watching the vehicles that are passing by and kept thinking that even though we don't know each other by face (I am sure most of us won't even recognize each other even if we cross each other at some shopping mall) we have come so close to each other by sharing joy, solving others problems, giving a shoulder to cry on when in need, a kind word, an encouraging snippet or story to make people realize how fortunate they are irrespective of their never ending problems.

The fact which was playing hide and seek with me for many years chose that very moment to tell me the truth about who friends are... They need not be in front of us or be of our own age or language. No matter how far they are; when you know that you are in their thoughts and prayers and vice versa then my dear you have found out who your friends are and who truly considers you as their friend.

I would like to thank the ones who have accepted me as their friend and changed my life.

@Rith, @sreeram, @meerasrini, @srilaxmi, @angeldreams, @sangeethakripa, @nivsrini, @twinklingstar, @CuteCherry, @yukthasri, @khushi78, @paramlav, @Soch, @Cheeniya Sir, @Kamalji - for encouraging me to write more.

@Iyerviji Mam - for being an inspiration and a great friend who kept giving me timely advices (both knowingly and unknowingly) and encouraging me to learn new things.

@Harini73 - for introducing me to the art of jewellery making and answering all my queries related to it without getting irritated.

@Arunarc, @nivyamohan - for telling me to go for publishing my stories and supporting me by cheering me up.

@chillbreeze, @PriyaSrini - for being fitness and book lovers buddies and motivating me when I was losing hope.

@chellammu - for giving wonderful tips.

@suryakala Mam - for her good wishes and blessings.

@Yashikushi - for encouraging me to try my hand at jewellery making.

@vaidehi71 - for the patience she has showed whenever I bombarded her with so many questions and for giving answers swiftly.

And to all those who were there for me, with me all through my journey.

sindmani, shobhamma, jskls and 11 others like this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@daisy2015

This is a very snippet you have written, and its my pleasure as well to have you as a friend.
    Nil problems, you can shoot your questions any time and if I can be of help I will definitely reply.

2 people like this.
  3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

hey thanks daisy for that love and care being on IL forum.
    i too reciprocate same to you dear.
    ya it is true that here so many of us have become good friends and share bits of our life and get quality support without being bias.

i m happy to be part of IL and also proud to be a refined person after joining IL..

4. daisy2015

Thank you hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  5. daisy2015

Thank you :)

I agree. We have become more or less like a family which consists of people who love to be there for each other in their own way.

1 person likes this.
  6. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Daisy

It's a pleasure being a friend of yours. Mutually we all, in IL gather on a common topic, interest and thereby develop our friendship. The circle is wide and thanks to technology. Thanks to IL and to you too.

7. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Thank you So much @daisy dear :) Its a pleasure to have a friend like you :) friendssmiley

8. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Firstly thank you for accepting me as your friend and for such a lovely snippet. Without IL, we won't have become friends and of course i should rather say we wont have become a family.

IL has changed my perspective towards online forums. I thoroughly enjoy reading the snippets or the stories written by our IL friends or the creative works of our great friends here. I should also thank all of you here because of whom even i have started to write stories today. Though we are all strangers by face but we are all one in heart through IL.

My sincere thanks and appreciation to all the moderators and the administrators and creators of IL for giving us all such a great platform and thanks to you too daisy dear who had given such a wonderful opportunity to thank all.

3 people like this.
  9. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

i thank to the creators, moderators, administators of wonderful IL site, Really a safe place where we can share our problems, happiness.

Thank u daisy.

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

No doubt,IL has connected us all with an unseen thread of love and affection through its threads.You have expressed your feelings so nicely and beautifully.

Jayasala 42