1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Say good words about others , you do not know when it will come back to you.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 12, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Appreciation can make a day…Even change a life…. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary…..Every day, genuinely tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them. And You will feel really Good about yourself….
    Who does not like apprciation. When someone appreciates we get encouragement andinspiration to do more. I dont know about others but inmy experience when I get appreciation I like to do more and get inspiration. As it is from childhood I always believed in trying things, always wanted to be the best, believed in try , try till you succeed and have succeeded also in achieving my goal.

A child also needs appreciation in whatever he or she does. They have to be handled with care. Now a days some parents tell them that they will give a gift if they study well or if they eat well. Today also my brothe rin law's son was saying that his daughter has scored A grade and he has to buy a laptop for her. But a child has to be made to understand the value of money and how hard they have to work to get that money. Otherwise they wont learn in life about the value of money and think that everything can be go easily. Today's children are smart and they will understand if we advise them and live accordingly and wont expect things which is difficult to get .

One relative of mine is there he does not appreciate some people so easily. He is expert in cooking , so he thinks whatever he makes only is good so appreciation from him for cooking does not come so easily. His daughter in law was also saying that he never appreciates whatever I do.

Some people are have a great heart to appreciate others but some have the heart only for some people and not for everyone.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo F. BuscagliaAppreciation can make a day…Even change a life…. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary…..Every day, genuinely tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them. And You will feel really Good about yourself….

2 people like this.

2. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Wow aunty you are back with another snippet with a new message. You are right. When someone appreciates us or says at least gives an appreciating smile we are filled with new energy to finish the job at hand or take up new tasks about which we were doubtful till then. A look, a smile, a word, a sentence or a gesture of appreciation has so much value than an iphone or laptop or any other materialistic things. I wonder when will people understand this simple thing and stay happy and let others be happy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Excellent snippet Viji ma. you are 100% true. words are the best medicine and worst poison. Why cant we make others happy by using the words as medicine. you have conveyed this message so well in your snippet.

2 people like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji ma
    Beautiful snippet with so beautiful message. Thank you so much for reminding us with life's nectar. Simple way to lead the life, with appreciation/gratefulness and content.
    Thank you again amma.
    Vani

2 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Nice topic beautifully dealt with.Yes, children need encouragement.But in olden days, that much of appreciation was not there and it was stated to make the child proud.My grandson aged 2 before striking the ball asks me to say'good job, Advaith".This appreciation is widely present among Westerners.They give standing ovation for ten mts at the end of all the concerts, which may not be even up to the mark.
    Recently there was a story in a Tamil magazine about a woman, who is a house wife, highly intelligent, very much adjustable but always being scolded by her husband for something or the other, no appreciation at all.Now even after 25 years of wedding ,this continues.
    Now the husband ,the lawyer ,expert in handling divorce cases gets a strange application from a lady in sixties that she wants a divorce from her husband who is already dead.The essence of the letter was she had done so much of household duties.entertained so much of guests ( husband's side) .Not even a single soul appreciated her.Not gifted with issues also. After 30 years of married life ,he passed away due to heart attack.She joined a home.Since the cook working there left the services, she took charge of cooking, since she had the nice experience of cooking in a joint family. She was an expert in buying quality groceries, vegeatbles etc and prepared healthy food to the inmates. The Executive lady chairman appreciated her efforts and said that she need not make any payment to the home and she was eligible to receive Rs 10,000/per month for her tireless job." She was an asset to the institution" she said and her husband should have been very fortunate in getting such an intelligent and efficient wife".
    She would have been happy, if she had received one hundredth of these appreciations from her husband or his family members.
    Now the lady said"I am prepared to donate my entire property to the institution'/The Chairman said that her institution had sufficient funds and if she she wanted she could donate to some other orphanage.
    The lady had conveyed in her letter, she would stand on her own legs by doing the job of a cook as long as she was hale and healthy and she could save something for the future also.
    Though her husband was no longer alive, she did not want to be known as the wife of ------- who had least consideration for her as a human being, leave alone as a wife.
    She had requested the lawyer, an expert in handling divorce cases, to analyse the subtle points in the case and help in getting a legal divorce from her dead husband.
    The husband read the letter again and again.Something dawned on him. Can an appreciationless life lead to such drastic reactions? He was in deep thoughts.The most obedient wife invited him for dinner.For the first time in life he asked whether she had taken food.After so many years, perhaps this was the first day in her married life she had dinner together with her husband.
    She only knew that she only had written the letter with the address of her intimate friend, as a last resort to change her husband.Fortunately this seemed to work.
    All her real service,patience and perseverance did not get her rewards. But this false letter did the magic.
    Was that too out of self pity that he would be rejected after death?It is strange the person who didn't care for the living loving wife,but cared more for the remarks that might follow his death!
    Viji,
    sorry for the long response.I was just reminded of the story on reading your snippet.

Jayasala 42

5 people like this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,
    A good one.
    Yes, appreciation motivates people do better. Who does not feel happy when appreciated? No exceptions! We may say "No need of appreciation....I did my duty" but in heart of heart we do feel happy. Especially children get encouragement. But is should not be flattery. Sincere appreciation. The line is thin between appreciation and flattery.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  7. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear VijiMa,

wow ow what a beautiful topic. Yes indeed it's very true, appreciation is like a vitamin or a health tonic which boosts our skill, talents, and confidence. I love to give more appreciation and I do get too. After all giving brings more happiness to both the giver and the receiver. All of us like to give and get sometimes for it helps us to move forward in life. It motivates and helps us to succeed in our challenges. Appreciation is a must,it's good to boost someone everyday. @iyerviji : good one VijiMa!

JayMa , enjoyed your story from the magazine/newspaper, I kind of guessed that it should be the lawyer's wife's letter. Sometimes some husbands are like that we have to bring in a false statement to change them for the best. Isn't it, very funny indeed. Thanks for the interesting story @jayasala42.

1 person likes this.
  8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami Thanks a lot for the thread and also for the detailed reply by jayasala mami.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry @daisy dear for replying late. I have posted so many that i got confused which one to reply . Glad I saw this thread now. Thanks for making my day with your first feedback. You are right dear some people dont understand how appreciation makes a person'sday and gives them inspiration to do more and achieve their goal. Especially when they get appreciation fro their close friends and relatives they feel more happy. This I am talking from my own experience. I would not have grown so much in life if I had not got appreciation from everyone.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your compliments @Rith dear. Your words are 100 true. Glad I have conveyed the message well