1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arnab interviews Vishnu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Arnab:I am honoured to have you on my show. The pleasure is all mine. I thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to honor my show.

Vishnu: Arnab, we have been hearing your voice even in heaven. So i was curious which creation of ours got you so excited. I knew Indrani was going to be different, but didn't know she would be upsetting you so much. Anyway, I are glad to be here.

Arnab: Yes. i was this close to finding out how many husbands Indrani had. But then Shri Ganeshji came and took away all the momentum.

Vishnu: Arnab, it will take you more than this life to find out how many husbands Indrani had.

Arnab: But sir, you know it all can you tell me how many husbands she had. I can then have peaceful sleep.

Vishnu: Privacy laws Arnab. I can't tell you that. Do you want me to say how many girlfriends you had ....

Arnab: No. No. I respect privacy laws. My question to you Shri Vishnuji I heard you are on vacation for four months. How can you be on vacation for 4 months? That is ridiculous. You are governing the whole world. How can you take vacation for four months, that is 1/3 part of a year? People here are suffering, crying and you are on vacation!! Even president of United States doesn't go on vacation for that long. Forget about POTUS, even Rahul Gandhi doesn't take four month vacation. The Nation needs to know - Why you take vacation for 4 months?

Vishnu: Hey Dhawni Padushak (noise polluter), I am on vacation for heavenly matters. But during those months all of us come down to earth and participate in all the festivals. We like to be with our devotees and spend time with them. So we just want to spend time with our loved ones.

Arnab: Vishnuji, i don't buy that. If you are on earth to spend festivities with the devotees then why you cause them grief during this time. People are dying of dengue, natural calamity, stampede, crane falling, etc. Why can't you postpone the grief while you are here? If I were Vishu, i certainly wouldn't do that.

Vishnu: Hey Kam Dekha (short sighted one), When we spend time with our loved ones, we are with them in time of grief and in time of happiness. Birth and death are the same for us. It is a cycle. Ocean losses water to sun, but that water comes back to the ocean. Ocean is not grieving about losing water to sun nor it is ecstatic about receiving rain. Just as a mother is concerned about her child leaving home but is happy when the child is returning home, we are concerned when a life leaves us and arrives on earth and we welcome the life when it returns back to us. So for us, we are the smile in the happiness and we are the tears in sadness. We just want to spend time with our devotees. Besides, if people come to know that they will not die if there in religious places, then everyone will want to stay in religious places. Death is always difficult. The living differentiates between an easy death and a painful death.For a dying person, it is always painful. Death and Birth are continuous. Every moment hundreds of cells in a living being dies and hundreds are born. So for me it is a joy of welcoming a life (part of me) back and at the same time, the sorrow of losing a life (part of me).

Arnab: That's too complex for me to understand. I have another question for you. Why do our Gods have forms like boar, tortoise, fish, black krishna, half-lion & half-man, dwarf, etc. What kind of role model is that? Can't you have a nice chiseled avatar like Salman Khan or Hrithik Roshan so that it is pleasing for eyes and children also like them. How can a child accept boar as an avatar of God when the kid next to him is happily gulping pork? Also, there is an animal associated with each God - snake, bull, lion, tiger, peacock, mouse etc. Is must be a zoo in heaven. You know people are enduring hard times here on earth with the hope that at least in heaven they will be able to spend time with apsaras. Also, what about the female devotees? what do they get in heaven?

Vishnu: Arnab, you asked an intelligent question. So i will not tease you. First of all, as I said in Gita, whenever there is decline in religious practices, i will incarnate myself to stop the evil. In doing, so whatever form is required, i come in that form. I do not incarnate to please people. I incarnate to do my duty. If you study my avatars, you will see that that form was needed to get rid of the evil. So the form is not God, just that God can take any form. So the boar is not God, but God can take the form of a boar or any other animal. That is what the child needs to be taught. No where i have asked people to be vegetarian. I have provided food to suit the terrain of the place people live in. Fish near water, and animals in wilderness. Even during the incarnation there were many rituals of animal sacrifice and meat eating by all present. So i love all my devotees - Vegetarian or the ones eating non-veg. Apsaras are in heaven to help people with a pleasant stay in heaven and not in the sense that some people think.

Arnab: Vishnu Sir, that was useful. Finally, any tips on how should one live this life.

5 people like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akanksha,

Maha Vishnu should be patience personified to handle Arnab with soft language. I am also surprised that Arnab actually allowed Vishnu to respond to his questions without interruptions. Perhaps, he was scared of Vishnu's chakra. Why Vishnu didn't answer Arnab's last question?

1 person likes this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Thanks Viswa Sir for your FB. Expected more from you.

Vishu was in Jovial mood. Arnab has been having depression after Indrani's case going on back burner.

Of course, even Vishnu doesn't have the answer to the last question. Maybe that is why he left it for the readers. I always wonder what kind of Heaven it would be for us, women - no cooking, cleaning, wear different dresses daily (hope we will have some freedom on choosing our clothes), wear different jewelry, pedicure, etc? Maybe an idea for the next snippet.

2 people like this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, that is very un-Arnab like. Between breaks, he would have trumpeted Times Now is the only channel to interview Vishnu 100 times. And he let vishnu get away a bit too easily.And he was too polite.

2 people like this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, that is very un-Arnab like. Between breaks, he would have trumpeted Times Now is the only channel to interview Vishnu 100 times. And he let vishnu get away a bit too easily.And he was too polite and allowed Vishnu to speak instead of interrupting him after every word.Making poor Vishnu pull his hair with two of his four hands.

1 person likes this.
  6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good One dear, As always.
    Now coming to Indrani’s no of husbands --- Arnab cannot ask this question to Vishu coz during the Krishna avatar he had many wives... These devotees fasted and prayed with so much devotion to marry Krishna and he was helpless. Similarly these men would have told Indrani that we want to marry you no matter what ever is your past and future.
    Then regarding Vacation, Of course we have so many Gods in our mythology so that everyone can relax, take a good vacation and return back with all pomp and glory for a season awaits them. Just like summer vacation, winter vacation, off season we have a season for worship.
    Now the season is for the Goddess, right from Aadi masam (August) it is time for the Ambal and Devi. She can take a break for Ganesh Chaturti and come back energized for a splendid 9 days pooja in the form of Durga ma, Lakshmi and Saraswati Devi.
    Then comes Murga’s time Shasti followed by Ayyapa Season where Ayyapan is the main worship known as mandala kalam for nearly one month up to Jan mid ( Pongal/Uttrayan).

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akaknksha,
    Arnab was not in questioning mood.Was he so fascinated with the beauty of Vishnu and was rather hesitant to ask uncomfortable questions?Or perhaps Arnab was quite busy with Ganesh Pooja, now Durga Pooja and he didn't have time to jot down points.Had you preplanned the schedule, I would have released one hundred uneasy questions and Vishnu would have run back to back to his abode on Garuda vahana.
    I am reminded of a Tamil serial' Narada in Bhooloka 'in 1950 in a popular magazine Ananada Vikatan.

Jayasala 42

8. Akanksha1982

Yes, probably he is disturbed as he couldn't solve the Indrani's conundrum. Maybe he was awe by the Vishnu. Not sure which form Vishnu met him in. Maybe in the Narsimha form.

9. Akanksha1982

Thanks Vani. hehe... men kneeling down asking Indrani to marry them.:rotfl Not sure what they saw in her. Looks like these were all rich people, they could have married any young girl.... But love is surely blind.....

Yes, now is the devi's time and i love it. I love to play garba. So enjoying the festival season.

10. Akanksha1982

I think he was awestruck by Vishnu's roopam. Not sure which roopam Vishnu came in as. Maybe the topic was beyond Arnab's rich.

I am sure that you would have asked very tough questions to Vishnu.