1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help their "Aging into Childhood"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaMusic, Oct 8, 2015.

1. RamyaMusic

RamyaMusic Silver IL'ite

Dear @twinklingstar,
    Children always learn from us. When we have parents and grandparents at home and treat them just like us, children will learn that too. Don't worry. You will have a wonderful second innings in the future.

2 people like this.
  2. RamyaMusic

RamyaMusic Silver IL'ite

Dear @cheeniya sir,
    Super happy to get a first reply from you. First of all, I am thrilled to see the 70+ people in IL. They are very positive, fluent in English, can talk about any topic under the sun and even beyond, are technologically advanced and the list goes on. Might be you should all share the secret..

I have a second question to you and other male members. Just curious.. How did you all end up in IL. You add so much color to it. Might be you can share it in a separate thread.

Couldn't help but smile reading your reply. My snippet is based on the elders I have seen. My grandma is an oracious reader. But recently, she is not into reading. When I asked for reason, she said reading strains her eyes. So, at 80+, when your senses wear out slowly, one deserves special favours. When your teeth is all gone, you need the favor of mashed food. But emotionally, I agree with you, they must be treated on par with the rest.

Tagging @viswamitra @iyerviji @jayasala42

2 people like this.
  3. phoenix2016

phoenix2016 Bronze IL'ite

You are welcome :)

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

Nice that you have spent time and thought regarding the aged. For most poeple, aged relatives become a burden and a nuisance. That is why your loving comparison of the aged to the little babies comes across as loving and tender.

@Suryakala has rightly pointed out that the great bard has also done this comparison! All of us agree that old age is the second visit to childhood. Only, we have to be mindful that maybe physically they are not able function well, but mentally they have really outgrown that child and are full of their own wisdom and experience of life...after all, they did go through life!

Hence, even as we impart our love and care, we have to handle aged with due respect and regard.

Nice one from you and Congratulations on being nominated to the Finest Posts of the month by Vijima!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. phoenix2016

phoenix2016 Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Ramya for being nominated in Finest Posts of the month [​IMG]

6. RamyaMusic

RamyaMusic Silver IL'ite

Thank you @kamla mam..
    And thank you viji ma @iyerviji, for your nomination. I have no words to express my happiness. IL is the first forum that I have started writing to, inspired by so many awesome people's writing here. And I treasure the comments and replies I get. This is my first ever nomination and it encourages me to do more thought provoking refined writing. Thank you viji ma..

7. RamyaMusic

RamyaMusic Silver IL'ite

Thank you @phoenix2016