1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This is Pure Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

This is Pure Love

DNA newspaper gives everyday a small article of the one video on You Tube that the editor has liked. Today he gave the link to this video on You Tube. But I must warn you, carry a dozen hankies for the tears will not stop flowing, as it did for me, after a long long time I have cried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPOG_hxkTE

Its about a 92 year old man, whose wife is dying , is in hospice in USA, and he and his grandchildren are all there in the room.The grandchildren play the grandparents favourite song, and the man sings it to his wife, holding her hand, crying, and she telling him thru the tubes, I love you.

He knows she is going, she is awake, she knows what is happening, the man is seeing wiping his tears, and singing while the grandchildren, are all around. They have been married for 72 years.Wow !

As I write this, my eyes are moist. I am a hard nut, but I cant help it. Even when I was to be operated for cancer, I did not cry, but I don’t know what gave way here. Maybe because Harsha my wife is not well, down with viral, the works, and thr the night, she was shivering, cold, feverish, and I was waiting for the morning to come so we could go to the doc down thelane.

She is better and lying down. And while I later read the papers and came across this You Tube article, I closed my eyes and imagined, what would life be without my wife. The video I saw much later. And my hair stood up.

I do know that there are three probabilities of death for me, or for anyone for that matter. Either she goes first, or I go first, or we both go together, and I don’t think there is a forth possibility. And when I think what if she goes first, what will happen to me ? it makes me shudder.Not that I will disintegrate, I will carry on, for that is what she would like me to do after her, and not mope around .But still .

Many a times she tells me, next birth u will get a wife of yr choice, who will give u company in drinks, smoking, nonveg, and cards. She hates all of these. But I guess she has tolerated me for half of the 72 years of the old couple, that is 36 years.who knows how many years are ahead of us together. And the sad part is , we will never meet again, and if we do also , we will have no memory of the past life eh !

Anyway I got curious when she said that , and I went to search for my to be wives, whom I last saw three decades back and more. I searched them out on facebook, and what I saw I did not like. When I had last seen them, they were pretty, in their mid twenties, and now they in their sixtes, and it was a shock to see what tol the nature has taken on them! For the image inmy mind was of theirs of their youth. Well I suppose, they would too feel the same if they saw me now. HAHA. So the bird in Hand, that is my wife, is worth many ex in the Bush.Well the poor things did not know that I liked them, it was all one sided, now I have become older and bolder. HAHA.

We both had different tastes and habits, and it is only destiny that has brought us together, otherwise even God cannot explain it. What I like she dislikes that is my cards, nonveg, drinks, smoking etc. And what she likes I dislike , her vegetables, Satsangs, Gurus, and all that. But over the years, I have realized, the affection has increased, so has the understanding, if I am reading the papers, and I find something interesting for a blog, she will comment on it. Before I speak she knows what I am going to say.

Over the years, our priorities have changed. Gone is the attraction to the body, came the kids, their schooling, other worldly duties, taking care of parents, inlaws etc. Now as we grow old the aches grow, as does the affection and concern for the partner.i guess this is with all of us.

So guys stop eyeing the neighbours wife, and be glad to have yr wife around, and if u feel that sheela or meena would have made a better bet, well see them on facebook and get back to me. Yours will appear golden I swear as I have found out.

Please see this vide on my say so. It may melt some hardness of yr heart, and make it warm and fresh again.

Best Wishes.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Chicken vocabulary

1. Who is the father of chicken?
    Chicken ka bab.
    2. Who is the mother of chicken?
    Chicken Kima.
    3. How do you tell a chicken to call you on your mobile?
    Kalmi kabab.
    4. What happens when a chicken takes bath?
    Chicken showerma.
    5. Chicken in trouble?

Chicken soup.
    6. Chicken getting injection?
    Chicken teeka.

7. Chicken doing flattery?
    Butter chicken.

8. Chicken @ retirement?
    Chicken 65.
    9. Chicken on a winter night?
    Chilly chicken.

Wife : sunte Ho ji

Mujhe Happiness ke spelling batao...

Husband : likh...

U N M A R R I E D 

A Young man saved his girlfriend's phone number on his mobile as "LOW BATTERY" with no ringtone.

Whenever she calls him in his absence, his wife takes the phone and plugs it to the charger..

The guy was nominated for Nobel prize for "Innovation and Peace"
    
    

17 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamal bro dear you have written a touching snippet with humour .. You are right after we are old priorities change, we see only the inner beauty and the love for each other grows . You remember I had written last year a snippet about it May be we are different from each other but we complete each other. As we grow old and the children are settled our love increases and we cant live without each other. As you have mentioned one person has to go , I would like my husband to go first because ladies can manage somehow without their better half but it is difficult for the man to live without his wife.

3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

wow sir such and emotional post...
    this word (LOVE) is i think is extinct factor...hard to believe that still exists ..
    ya have seen that video and i too had same feelings what u said above.
    also how purely (boldly) u have confessed about ur previous loves ..hats off
    i think this is common story for all male today. even in my office i see married men roaming here and there for so called love.
    but i also appreciate how u have elaborated the concept and the importance of partners after certain age. when just appearance is least factor. after certain time it is overtakes by responsiblities and maturity which is mostly required for a family.

i really wish and pray that all the couples should love their partners (instead of neighbor).

4. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

Kamalji..one more good post..liked it

5. Mirage

Mirage Silver IL'ite

a senti-humorous nice one.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Senti, practical and a touch of humour also.
    Yes, I guess in old age companionship is more valuable...kids leaving the house, empty nest makes them closer. Husband and wife can read each other without saying anything. Why old age...it starts from middle age. One more advantage is they do not try to change each other (there the real struggle comes), accept and love each other as they are.
    Syamala

7. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

I am moved by this post of yours. Remembered a statement of Crazy Mohan, a tamil playwright who is famous for humour:

After losing her husband, a woman is a widow.
    After losing his wife, man is an orphan.

And this is surely a relationship where many of us [both sides] realize the worth of it all, only as we age. Touching post. Wish Harsha Madam to get well soon! -rgs

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamal
    Until I read this post of yours, the presence of my wife in my room made me sing 'She loves me, she loves me not!' Now it is 'I'll go first, she'll go first!'
    I hate this post of your Kamal. Get out of this senti mood before we meet at Jaipur next month.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    This is what known as opposite poles attract each other. Unity in diversity is the manthra for a happy married life.

Why to worry who will go first? Let us enjoy the present and we will somehow cross the bridge when we are forced to cross it.

PS

1 person likes this.
  10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

kamalji what have u done?. daily we will be curious to read u r post so they have a lot of humour in it. today u made us all weep.

i am very sorrow to know that u r wife was not feeling well. when i saw u r photos i was imagining u and Harsha mam when ever u mentioned "my wife" . though wife and husband differs in many things there is a magical bond between them and after leading these many years together that bond strengthens more.

its been nearly ten years of my marriage not even half of u rs when ever my husband is late and not answering my phone. my thought reach some where (is he alright, any accident, any mishap ) i cant get peace until i see him in front of me.
    i wish god could take the couple together with out separating them in the name of death.

all our well wishes are with u and u r wife kamal sir.

1 person likes this.