1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ganpati Bapa Moriya!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Parvati: Beta, you really need to go?

Ganesh: Ha, Maa. I have promised my devotees that I will spend 10 days with the them every year. I need to go. I have heard that some impostor is wondering on earth as Radha Maa. Who knows if I don’t go and bless them, some impostor may start wondering as Ganesh Baba with a flute in hand. I need to go.

Parvati: But beta, every time you go, you come back tired, jet legged and depressed.

Ganesh: What can we do Ma, its Kalyuga, it is tough for everyone. For us, it’s depressing seeing the deterioration of human values. I wrote the Mahabharata and Gita for people so that there is documentation for people to learn and follow. But instead of following that, people are following how many husband Indrani Mukejea has.

Parvati: Yes, beta. That is why I am worried about you. The mrityuloka is becoming dangerous day by day. You are intelligent and smart but like your father you are naive and simple. The 10 days you are there, I am constantly worried. You are alone and there is no one to help you.

Ganesh: Don’t worry Maa, My Mushak – mouse protects me. He is capable of handling things for me. Besides I will be traveling. This time I am also going to San Francisco. I have heard that they are going to have 15-feet Murti of me. I hope people use bio-colors and not harm the sea life by using toxic colors. This kalyuga is getting confused for me. There is so much money spent on religion and pleasing God, but no money to feed the poor and provide medical assistance to poor. It hurts me but I console myself that at least these people are not spending their time on destructive stuff. The time people are spending on devotion is less time they spend on harming others. So, at least that is the silver lining.

Parvati: You are very generous Ganesha. Please do not eat anything over there. I have heard there is dengue and other diseases over there. I have packed all the food for you, including the ladoos. You remember, one time you drank milk and got sick.

Ganesh: No Maa, I didn’t drink Milk. Someone just spread the rumor. I don’t eat ladoos. In Kalyuga, if I ate one, instead of people believing that I ate it, they will put CCTV cameras to find out who stole the ladoo. If I am pleased with any devotee, I taste a little.

Parvati: Ok Beta, I have packed extra ladoos for you so don’t worry. Also stay away from that egoistic “I-stuff”

Ganesh: What “I-stuff” Maa?

Parvati: Last time you told me about I-Phone, I-Pad, I-Watch and I- what not. You know “I” brings ego into the minds and it is destructive.

Ganesh: Yeah Maa, I stay away from the “I-Stuff”. People have become crazy with the “I-stuff”. Today, a success of a person is measured in whether he or she uses I-Phone 5 or I-Phone 6. People lie, steal for I-stuff. Personal interaction between people has gone away. People communicate via twitter, whatsapp and what not. Instead of joining people, it has isolated people. People can live without spouse and children and even God but not without their "I-stuff". Even while standing in line to meet me, instead of talking to me or having an eye contact with me, they are busy with their I-stuff. Even my Aarti and Prayers are not sung but played on I-pod. I loved it when people sang. I loved it even more when people sang, even if they didn’t knew the words, they did it with love. Instead of moving away from the Moh-Maya and personal ego stuff, people are moving more into the quick sand of the I-stuff. It has become a status symbol and an ego. A person not having the I-stuff is looked down upon. Good that we don’t have the earth’s wifi system connected here, otherwise people would be communicating to us on Whatsapp and Facebook. They would be sending me virtual photos of ladoos. I am staying away from the I-stuff, Maa.

Parvati: Ok beta. I will be worried anyway. Moms are always worried when their kids travel, no matter how old they are.

Ganesh. DW. G2G, TC, BRB

Parvati: Beta what’s that

Ganesh: Arre Maa, just – don’t worry, Got to Go, Take Care, and will Be Right Back.

Parvati: Om Namah Shivaya!!!

sindmani, g3sudha, Shina and 8 others like this.

2. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Hi Akansha,

Beautiful write up. Hilarious yet profound, True ppl offer god more than the needy ppl.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Akanksha dear what an awesome post , narrated by you about Ganeshji with humour. Enjoyed reading it, nowwill wait for the expert feedbacks by our expert writers.Ganeshji will be very happy reading your post and will bless you. Now you TC, LU, WCL:) to read the feedbacks

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I thought I am the first one to give fb to @VaniVyas's thread , there you gave the first fb, here Mahavid has given the first fb:)

2 people like this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

HAHAHAHAHAHA. what a beautiful and hilarious write up.You are just too good, and this year Geanesh will come to yr home and flood it with laddoos and blessings.

Milk, eh ! i have one write up of Ganesha from last year, if i can see it i will repost it here. How well u bring in indrani eh ! i thought i was th eonly one obessed with ehr, but gald to know i have company in u,

Regards

kamal

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Good One dear....

Even Gods are scared to visit us.... See how much destructive humans can be??

It is indeed a tough world. In Tamil Iyer families, we read Devi Puranam where the Amman ( Godess) promises to people that she will come and save Bharat Mata from all dangers. Now see Godess Parvati is not ready to send their mighty son to us. I have read from Google that the practice of Ganesh festival was done in those days ( after the rainy season) in order to maintain the level of sand in the sea. The idols made of sand were immersed in water so that whatever sand has been eroded by rain are returned back to sea to maintain the water level.

In the long run, people forgot the reason for celebration and started making colorful huge idols to attract attention or whatever using all artificial colors and materials. This has resulted in people of other communities blaming us for the pollution that we create in the name of celebration.May God Ganesha forgive us as usual and visit this time too.... Ganapati Bapa Moriya!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Akanksha1982

Thanks @Mahavid. I am glad you liked it. Even if half the money that is spent on expenses on Religion is used to help the needy, a lot of people would benefit.

8. Akanksha1982

Thanks Vijima. Love you too!!! Your agility and love is infectious.

9. Akanksha1982

Vani's thread is very interesting. Reminded me of that beautiful song, so wrote it immediately.

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Akanksha,

What I like the most in all your posts are your buried messages inside of your satire.

Thank you for pointing out that we spend more time on pursuit of news that is not going to add any value to us but access the most important scriptures occasionally.

These subtle messages are invaluable. Nara seva is Narayana Seva.

The addiction aspect of smartphones was conveyed through these strong message.

So, Ganesh is now familiar with text abbreviations.

Viswa