1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

overwhelmed today

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gitasharma, Sep 5, 2015.

1. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Overwhelmed today

Hai dear ILites felt like sharing my joy .

My day is done today .On the one hand all my ILite friends with their comments and many of my students from all over have written such loving messages of me as their teacher and mentor & my inbox, my whats app and my cell phone are all full.
    This again is my anubhuti today that there are so many good people out there giving you all the joy . All I did for my students was I led them to water and they were the ones who worked hard and made a nische for themselves and are where they are today .In spite of their busy schedule they stole a few moments to write me loving messages.

We all want to feel ,cared for ,and valued by the significant people in our own little world. My life has mostly revolved around my work place &, my lab my students. The other people with whom I have been associated are all occupational relationships where a boundary was drawn from day one yet over time some of these too have grown into friendship a relation of respect and regard. The point I am making is that for me , my lab personnel , my students my secretaries the bondage has been far more closer .
    Knowledge is a powerful tool in the arsenal available to a teacher you wield a great deal of power over your students simply due to the fact that you control their destiny for up to six and a half hours each day, five days a week.,and much later too as to where and how they are .Modesty asides knowledge in my domain area is my acknowledged strength and not accumulation of information .Students are aware of this and never miss my lectures .Also most of my lab mates feel that I value and care for them as individuals, and have enabled their reaching their goals. I have always felt that seldom was any knowledge given to keep, it was but to impart ;the grace of this rich jewel is lost in concealment and hence shared every secret in the art patented or not, Always felt one cannot hold a torch to light another”s path without it brightening their own .
    Often times some of my colleagues disagreed on this but today these acts of mine have paid me back for more products are developed ameliorating more conditions and when my children call and discuss with me their bottlenecks each situation that they have encountered has enlightened me in return and their success has made me successful in turn .Its like when your daughter becomes a mother the joy of being a grand mom doubles. I by myself may have done N products but with my team growing it has enabled a quantum leap a logarthimic growth.
    Today on teachers day when all my students called or messaged from various geographies I feel mera janam dhanya ho gaya . The purpose of my life is fulfilled.
    Sarva jano sukhino bhavanthu .May peace & happiness be with one and all
    Love
    gita

12 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gita dear glad to know that you are very happy today. I will give feedback later because of lack of time. I had gone to Narayaneeyam and came back sometime back. Evening going for musical programme , before that have got some work

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Gita,

What can be more satisfying than the sense of fulfillment one gets after seeing his/her students succeed? I have not chosen teaching as my profession but I love to teach. I have spent considerable amount of time training young minds for preparation of CA exams when I was young. My grandfather was a principal of an Engineering College and he died in the year 1948. When I visited someone's house in the US recently, someone's father asked my background and when I mentioned my grandfather's name, he smiled and acknowledged that he was one of the students.

Knowledge is one thing that is meant to be shared. Your differentiating knowledge and information is classic. Frankly, not many have the attitude you have nowadays.

Viswa

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Happy Teachers' Day Gita. Nothing more satisfying than seeing one's students doing well and to be at the receiving end of their love and affection. There are teachers and teachers in this world, but only some are worthy of respect and reverence in the truest sense.

Been fortunate to have had some really good teachers at various points of my life and I thank them for all I have received from them.

1 person likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Happy Teachers Day Gita mam. Teachers like you make a big difference in your students lives. Your students are blessed.

I would like to wish @Satchitananda and @Srama A very happy teachers day as well.

3 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gita,

Yes , u are blessed, that yr students remember u with love and affection.You must be a good person and a good teacher to them.
    so collor up Gita, and remain this way, and thank the lord.

Regards

kamal

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gitasharma,
    Happy Teachers' day. You must have been a wonderful teacher and a wonderful person also.
    Syamala

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gita,
    Glad to hear that your day was filled with happiness. Knowledge is treasure and it expands when shared or distributed to the deserving ones.
    Teaching is a noble profession and those who dedicate their life for teaching are commendable.
    Happy teachers day to you and all other teachers who are IL members.
    PS

10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gita, Congratulations and Happy Teachers day!

I am happy for you.....