1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anubhav & anubhuti

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gitasharma, Sep 4, 2015.

1. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Anubhav vs Anubhuthi : A moment in retrospect

I was in that moment of retrospection,walking down my memory lane ,trying to take stock of my anubhav and anubhuti.At that stage where I want to tie all loose ends and be prepared for the final state of eternal sleep .
    I mentally created boxes for the material and emotional and within that again : gain and losses. For now I shall leave the material gains and losses aside and concentrate only on the emotional.
    There are different kinds of losses the one in which even on not being is always there in your memory as been, ones you recall fondly and ones with a sharp pang .The ones we have lost to time and was not in our control and then , those relationships where we did have control neigh some amount of control for at the end of it there were actions and reactions which were spontaneous and the ball was set rolling ,some that had a course correction and some that was not redeemable for the better or worse . May be your own doing or not totally so, alas leaving you with the Anubhuti : that time gone is gone actions done are done and what remains is a Anubhav ;memory bitter or sweet or warm !!.
    Those moments of someone’s departure leaves an anubhuti, that attachment leads to grief and so, be detached , for your own children as Kahlil Gibran put: “ your children are not your own “ In my case they may not be biological but the ones I have nurtured to grow.
    We may tell ourselves that you need to let go and that’s maturity. You should find joy , solace in their growth .
    We further tell ourselves that all that comes needs to go each has its own shelf life marked. The little birdies need to fly to find their space in the sky, yet we live in those memories, the thoughts of absence.
    In a moment of the gyan we tell to ourselves all this is moh & maya we should find our inner peace ,but yet we reach out ,we long for that togetherness be it in thought, or virtual like we log into a virtual family like ILS or in real life look out for a social engagement.
    But all the anubhav and anubuti as well, leaves you yearning for that love, that need to be given and not asked,/that cognoscence that is not in your control .
    To go through an introspective look into the vacillation of mind and then to remain silent and let thoughts be is all you can do !!
    Your thoughts may find expression in a vision of your dream and silent tears may dampen your moment of wakefulness and what remains of the anubhav is an anubhuti.
    In the darkness of solitude the worries and concern for loved ones may torment you, but you remain a silent spectator of this great drama of life that has already been scripted .All you do is watch the curtain raise and fall at the end of the act
    Why then do you yearn, the kite has snapped off from your grip and is soaring its own heights and will soon even disappear from your very sight ,why then are you mourning for a relationship that is no longer there and has snapped free. What then are you trying to hold on to. After all your heart and mind is but a transient abode to your thoughts that swing to your emotions .Yet in full awareness your heart yearns for that which is no longer there , searches for an eternal , ethereal bliss . probably in the longing for the lost you may be unwittingly letting what you have slip by for a singular loss you may lose a life time
    So let silence be the sole expression of this dumb emotion.
    So we live on each day passing by and leaving us a little more experienced as a brief smile comes on and small tear, not of sorrow but a feeling of anubhuti.
    So life goes on !!!!with an expectation of not to have expectation !!

gita

12 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thought provoking thread @gitashrama, Gita dear. We should live in the present and forget the past however bitter it is. True we should not expect because expectations if not fulfilled makes us sad. Through experience only we learn everything

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Watch your thought and let go. Watch your emotion, feel it and then let it go. That is the way of life. Dwelling on the past brings nothing. Live only in the present and that will be a lifetime lived to the fullest.

3 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gitasharma,

A very touching blog.

Yes, let go, let them fly away and do not expect anything, detachment.....all these are easy to say than done.
    We are emotional, missing the near and dear ones,snapping the relationship that is not here any more is not completely possible though that is the direction that we have to follow. A lot of difference in theory and practice of wisdom. Life doesn't run according to mathematical formulae, more grey shades than black and white. How can we not do things without a view on end results. We may forget the unexpected results after a while but it lingers in mind. I could not express as well you have expressed....but I hope you can understand.
    As you said inspite of all these feelings life goes on with an expectation of not to have expectation.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Gita,

What a profound snippet this is! You brought the best emotions from me that makes me feel very elevated spiritually. In my view, life is a process of elimination. We are gifted with some instruments that we have to use to cross the ocean of life. The world is filled with Maya and it is our duty to keep eliminating one after the other until we find the Truth.

"Asathoma Satgamaya
    Tamasoma Jyotirgamala
    Mrytyormaamirtham Gamaya"

meaning "From real, lead me into Truth: from darkness, lead me to light; from death lead me into immortality". This is what we have learned from childhood.

Whenever I contemplate, I come to the conclusion that the life is not real and it is just a stream of experiences (bunch of flowers). It is our mind that connects all of them together into a garland called life. I also believe that the experiences are customized for whatever we lacked before so that we learn the truth out of each experience. We are not this body, mind, intellect or diminutive ego. We are divine existence having human experience to liberate ourselves.

Body, mind and intellect does not belong to us but we need to use them to realize the ultimate Truth. Similarly, nothing we have belongs to us and we need to use them to find out what is real and what is unreal. Emotions only binds us to the world but without emotions, we can't even comprehend the Truth. Waking, Dreaming and Sleeping states are not real but we need to keep moving among these three states in order to perform action, to differential real from unreal and rest our instruments to reuse them with more rigor and discipline. Three gunas known as Satwic, Rajasic and Tamosic are not our true state but we need to go through all three of them to realize the Truth, to perform action with passion and contemplate our experiences.

The Atmagnanam is the only one which is real. To realize that we have to surrender our body, mind, intellect, emotions, three gunas, attachments, etc. We have to achieve the summit of Truth only through lack of worldly desire, universal love, equanimity, nishkama Karma, control of senses, control of mind, etc.

Thank you for stimulating these thoughts. Today, we have also discussed the true meaning of Patram, Paalam, Pushpam and Thoyam in a different thread. All these threads are happening for a reason to provide experiences and learn lessons out of them.

Viswa

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Gita, your snippet made me nostalgic. Reminded me of my experience like a flash. Yes, we hold on to our memories - sweet or sour and savor it once in a while. I know my son will stand on his own feet and lead his own life yet its difficult for me today to leave him alone for even a moment, cushioning him from every fall. Your snippet reminded me of a two beautiful songs applicable to any relationship - parents - children, friends, lovers etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdzYgQpha9Q

BHOPINDAR n ASHA - Kisi Nazar Ko Tera Intezaar Aaj Bhi Hai - AITEBAAR - Video Dailymotion

1 person likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gita Sharma,
    A wonderful snippet beautifully narrated!It is the reflection of our thoughts from your soaring pen.Ashaada month ,I think, has started with many spiritual discussions, both seriously and humorously elaborated.Today being Teachers' day let us submit ourselves to various gurus of yore and continue our process of learning as well narrated in 'Anubhav and Anubhuthi'

If we think aloud,learning is an ever lasting process.We are always learners in one form or other.

1. We learn from our children. They become our teachers.

2.We learn from our mistakes.Mistakes become masters.

3.All our anger & agonies,beatings & burnings,challenges & churns,cries and cracks,toils and turmoils,twists & turns make us mellow down & season us a lot.

4. From good persons we know how to be,and from the so called wicked we know how not to be.

5. When we listen to music,it soothens our hearts & music becomes our preceptor.

6.When we hear the mazhalai or babblings of children, we forget the pressing problems. then children become our masters.

7.The sun,the rain,the mountains ,the rivers & trees- all are teaching the lesson of PAROPAKARA ,without uttering a single word by their mere routine.

8. Above all,"SILENCE" itself is the greatest GURU-MAUNA GURU.It is meditation in SILENCE that brought into our Bharat so many great thinkers,luminaries & Acharyas whom we revere most.

The list is endless.Shrimat Bhagavatham speaks of 24 gurus inclusive of a hunter, wasp, fish, a prostitute among others.

Let us bow with reverence,not only to human teachers,but also to NATURE and above all to every small bit and piece of experience in our life-experiences include the inspiration,emotional charge, and spiritual elevation routed through snippets of IL forum.

Jayasala 42

8. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

thanks Satchi these were just passing thoughts .

9. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Thank you Jaya for further elaborating anubhav & anubhuti.Also we are silent spectators of what happens each with its own learning and emotion and we pass by.
    thanks again.
    love gita

10. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

thanks shyamala
    Each us respond/react to what happens differently also the same person to a given situation differently at different times
    So is the mind thats like a monkey unpredictable.
    love
    gita