1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

junk addicts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by surekhap, Sep 3, 2015.

1. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

I never had a sip of alcohol nor a puff of cigarette in my whole life, till now. even though the enthusiasm to know what is in them that addicted these many people around grabbed my attention towards it, the captions on their packs saying "smoking is injurious to health" and drinking is injurious to health" kept me away from them
    but I now know the exact meaning of addiction as better as the drug ,alcohol and smoking addicts.
    its true i am a big junk addict. why i used the word "addict" is i feel that i would die. if i wont eat them. If strongly I resist to it more strongly the junk advances on me. If I avoid it for a week I can found them dancing around my head in my dreams.
    I came to know its not only my alones problem many of the others through out the world are suffering for this and seeking for help.
    this all happened why because no warning was written on their packs or on the shops
    and after we are addicted and facing the consequences now you are saying that even junk is as danger as alcohol and drugs.
    how can we imagine a birthday with out cake and chocolates ,its pathetic.
    my weight crossed 80 in my 30's and if i wont resist the junk it will complete its century soon.
    thank good only obesity and fatty liver( a liver disease where liver increases in size because of excess storage of fat , reversible condition in early stages and deadly in chronic cases) the junk bought for me and spared me with diabetes ,hyper cholesterol , heart attack which were common in most of the
    other junk addicts.
    I regret for one thing being a junk addict I should have kept my young ones away from it but I did not . I confess this sin today in front of all I Lites.

1 person likes this.

2. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Hi surekhap. I completely agree with you. I was also a junk food addict. I was crazy about the golgappas (they are called pani puri in some places). My parents used to tease me that if i keep eating them like that then one day i will become just like the golgappa (round). I didn't listen to them at first but when I fell sick i realized that they were the reason why i was bed ridden. i had to stop eating them to recover and come back to normal state. Which (all thanks to my parents patience and alertness) I did. Now i don't feel any craving towards them. whenever i go out for shopping and i find no other option than these golgappas I remember the hard time i went through and opt for some fruit juice instead. I really pray that i would be able to control myself in the future too.

3. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

daisy2015 u are very lucky and it might be easy for u to get out of that addiction why because u were addicted only golgappas but for me I sparely spare any of the junk so even though iam sick now I cant resist the junk.
    may your prayers come true and god may keep u away from them through out your life and keep u healthy dear

4. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

OMG Surekha. I hope you are alright. You need to think seriously about your kids and for their sakes take care of yourself as well as change the diet of the entire family to a healthy one. Healthy food can also be made tasty. It just takes alteration of a mind set. You will find a lot of options within the healthy category which should be your first step towards a healthier life. Please also consult a doctor who will advice you about exercise.

1 person likes this.
  6. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@satchitananda thank u for ur sweet words. I have consulted a doctor he said to try for maximum weight loss.
    I am doing exercises from the past 8 years
    I gained the weight recently from 2 years thats why the impact of my overweight has not yet started on me completely it is just in start.
    surely I would take care of my health

7. sing

sing Silver IL'ite

Never forget, "Old habits die hard", it takes immense amount of initative to kill bad routines. Take your first step today, what are you waiting for?

8. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

thank u for the motivation dear.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Surekhap,

We cannot be perfect or saints, so what. Better l;ate than never, we learn on the way of life, so dont worry at all.

These are small things, good u stayed away from the dangerous ones.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Never mind what damage has been done in the past. You can start all over again and I can assure you, you will lose weight if you are determined and try hard enough. Do join some group on the weight loss forum which will help motivate you to get started.