1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciation can make a day and bring a smile on anyone's face

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 2, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Every person in this world feels happy if they are appreciated and get inspired to do more if they are appreciated. Appreciation can change a person who is not so talented and inspired them to work hard and do something to get appreciation. We all always appreciate the talented person but forget to inspire and encourage the people who are less talented. If someone is appreciated it will be useful for both the persons because a person who is appreciated will enjoy and get inspired and will make effort to increase their skills while the person who appreciated will feel happy that their appreciation has helped the other person to show their skills. Some have hidden talents and when they get appreciation they will get inspired to show their skills more. Some dont know their talents and dont try to do something and show their skills. Appreciation should be done without expecting anything return.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. ~

Kids have a bright future. When they are kids if we encourage them and appreciate the little things they do they get motivated and try to show their skills. Kids who are not so talented should be encouraged more. Our parents were not much educated so we had to study by ourselves and when we used to bring good results they used to be very happy. When we became parents we were educated and had the patience to teach the children and bring out their talents and encourage them. Today's parents are more educated than us and give them all the encouragement in every field for them to shine in life and reach great milestones but they dont have patience to teach the kids who are average . Todays children are very smart , they learn everything in the womb only and they are all rounders and parents expect a lot from them. But all children are not so talented and some have to be always pushed and encouraged.

What I am today I owe to my parents, grandmother who encouraged me always . Now I am thankful to my facebook friends and IL friends who motivate me and encourage me but there are times when I get disappointed also when I dont get appreciation. I know it is not good but what to do I am also a human being , my weakness is expecting from others for appreciation in whatever I do. I can adjust if I dont have the costlier things in my life but crave for appreciation. When appreciated I feel very happy and get encouraged.

A perfect friend would appreciate your thoughts and actions irrespective of the situation or time!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

9 people like this.

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

I appreciate you Viji ma for this wonderful post. :2thumbsup:
    True. Appreciations are like energy boosters. They can make a day even change life.

1 person likes this.
  3. karsat86

karsat86 New IL'ite

Thank you for posting this thread.. I expected the same appreciation everytime when I do something.. Mostly noone knows that I stopped doing things bcoz noone cared to appreciate.. I really do appreciate you to bring the thoughts get deep inside me..
    Only few people know the value of appreciation and have heart to do it.. I wonder is it that difficult too appreciate others.. But I like to get the work done only by appreciation..

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

@Rith welcome to my thread and glad youliked my post. You are right dear

5. iyerviji

@karsat86 dear welcome tomy thread. True dear if someone appreciates you feel inspired and it encourages you

6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Very true...Especially with Kids...Whenever i appreciate my Son even for simple things, i see that he is motivated to do better and better...

1 person likes this.
  7. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Sooo agree with you VijiMa. such an essential point that is often overlooked but is very important to cultivate.You simply rocked it again.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear VijiMa,

wonderful write-up, so true, isn't it, when people appreciate somebody they get motivated and happy. And it's a great tonic that boosts others to do their best. I love to appreciate more than get appreciated, but sometimes feels nice to experience the appreciation but we should not fall for it, that's my two cents. But there s nothing wrong to expect appreciation, after all we should be happy to make others happy. I loved the concluding paragraph. Wonderful insight! Lovely post AMMA from the bottom of your heart. Enjoyed thoroughly after a long break!

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

Appreciating others is a great trait. Especially, when someone needs encouragement, it is appropriate to encourage them. But in general, one should realize a lot of appreciation only results in enhancing the ego. Therefore, one should know how to accept it with humility. The focus has to be in enhancing the abilities more than expecting appreciation. Appreciation should be given voluntarily and not because of expectation. If appreciation is given in response to expectation, it only increases the ego.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

@brahan dear you are right children are very happy when they are appreciated and get inspired to do better and make their parents proud