1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

i miss it

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by surekhap, Aug 31, 2015.

1. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

20 years back we don't have a colour television or a cable tv or set of box. there used to be a small black and white tv in our house only with doordarshan.
    weekly once every sunday they used to play a movie at evening 4:00pm. me ,my mother, sister used to share the work in the house and complete all our work by 3:30 and washing our faces and making ourselves fresh. we used to prepare snacks for the movie like ground nuts, bajji, pakodas,...... etc and will be ready to watch the movie
    we never used to move from our places until the movie completes.
    now even after having a colour tv and set of box I hardly watch a single movie continuously. as we have many options one, more better than other and each one of our family member have their own tastes (kids:cartoons, husband:news , myself:movies and music) hardly a channel will be playing for 30 mins. when the channel of ones interest was played others are going to some other work.
    I miss those days when whole of our family used to sit together and enjoying a movie or a programme (chitrahar). I wish those days are back.
    please don't suggest me to remove our set of box. then my husband and my kids will kick me out first.(jocking, they are addicted to tv very much they cant imagine a single day with out tv)

11 people like this.

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

And all the folks from the neighborhood streets who can't afford a TV come home too and will be seated till the entrance to watch the Sunday movie. Good old days. :) Thanks for reminding it Surekha.

2 people like this.
  4. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@Vanithasudhir

yes those days were good and never coming back. economy increased intimacy decreased.

1 person likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

We had a colour tv in 1981.and the channels we received were Doordharshan and Rupavahini from srilanka.southern districts of Tamilnadu can view Rupavahini .wednesdays Tamil movie was telecasted in Rupavahini and the people near our quarters enjoyed seeing the movie.our quarters had a big hall which can accomodate 30 to 40 persons and so it was comfortable for us too.Charlie's angels,Five men army and many english serials were telecasted by srilankan channel .Those were cherished moments .

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

DD serials hum logh, ye hai zindagi and nukkad like serials were far better than present day serials. Later Ramayan and Mahabharath were liked by all even those who didn't know Hindi.

Like "Too many cooks spoil the broth," too many channels had spoiled the quality of the programmes.

without violence and tear jerking scenes we can't find a single serial.

Hence we rarely watch any serial.
    PS

7. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@periamma thank u for sharing your memories with us. very few people afford colour tvs those days.

8. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@Pushpavallisrinivasan I too don't watch serials. definitely those days serials were very much better than that of now a days. I used to watch santhi, chitrahar, aliflaila serials in hindi( doordarshan).

aliflaila the Arabian knight stories were my all time favorates.
    and malgudi stories too good

9. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Really miss those days. When the enjoyment was there on those days. Nowadays I have so many movies, etc but doesn't even want to see any of them. Just not interessted.
    I too wish those days to come...........

10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@vaidehi71 hence limited is always cute.

1 person likes this.