1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Me a Favor ! SMILE ...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbinayaJ, Aug 29, 2015.

1. AbinayaJ

AbinayaJ Senior IL'ite

Do Me a Favor ! SMILE ...

This is my first snippet in IL.
    This piece of puzzle is from my LIFE jigsaw Puzzle which is half way getting resolved. :-D

" It was just another Friday morning and I was walking towards my bus stop (to board my office bus). As I was walking I noticed the usual florists near my stop busy with her own chores. Almost instantly, my eyes met her's and my lips masked a smile towards her :) . I could find the little puzzled look on her face while reciprocating the smile.thinkingsmiley A minute later she offered me some beautiful flowers. I was overwhelmed with her kindness. Later that day, I had mixed thoughts in my mind.. A SMILE has added a drop of happiness to both our lives. hugsmiley"

As we all know,

Smile is a single line that sets everything Straight
    Smile a Lot, it Costs Nothing
    A Smile a day, keeps the Sorrows away

A simple , sincere warm smile can attract more than admiring looks.

I know I am not a great narrator, but I just wanted to share one of my cherished moments :p.

- Abinaya

14 people like this.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice one on Smile Abinaya. It's an inexpensive jewel when worn not only makes the Self but also others happy.

1 person likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abhinaya,
    Wonderfully expressed.Smile is the most valuable gift we are possessed of.Many literary pieces and poems have been composed about'smile'.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  4. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

Nice one AbinayaJ,

"A simple , sincere warm smile can attract more than admiring looks"

so true...

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Abhinaya,
    Nice one. A simple smile paves way to make some one's day and it costs nothing. Not only making some one's day but makes us also feel better. We do feel happy when someone smiles when talking with us.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is a sweet story. How little it costs to smile but how much of happiness it can bring!

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abinaya!
    A hearty welcome to the Snippets Section!
    You have made an auspicious beginning with a sweet snippet. I am sure that all the 190 viewers of this thread walked away with a big smile.
    Please note to respond to every Feedback for your Snippet individually and promptly. That will not only increase the number of your viewers but will earn you a lot of FBs. Soon you will find yourself getting popular and become a sought-after writer.

Please visit the Snippets of others and offer them some comment. This will increase your visibility.

I wish you all the very best in your writing career!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Abinaya lovely post which brings Smile on every face. smile brings closeness and happiness

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Abhinaya dear with your first snippet only you brought a smile on everyone's face and you got good feedbacks. Cheeniya Sir himself has given a nice feedback and as he has mentioned everyone will be happy to see your replies. True a smile can attract others .

Smile a while and while you smile another smiles and soon there is miles and miles of smiles.

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abinaya,

Your name reflects a lot of expressions and you have chosen a right topic for your first snippet here in IL. A smile could make someone's day better. When we go for service projects for homeless, most visitors consider the smile of the volunteers invaluable than most freebies offered in the service. When we go to hospital because of an ailment, a smiling nurse is more popular than most others. Even in schools, the teachers who smile are very popular among the students. When we settle down in a new place, a smiling neighbor becomes our first and best friend. Even among the heroines, the one who smiles beautifully is appreciated more. When we go to a shop, if the salesman has a smile, we don't negotiate price much and we believe his description of the product as accurate. An interviewer gets very impressed with the smile of the candidates than the outfit and subject knowledge.

Lastly, I would like to end this rambling response with one personal experience. When I left my last job, the receptionist in the public company I worked for said, "Sir, we are going to miss you here." Surprised by her comment I said, "You don't know what I did in my job". She replied with a smile, "When so many executives entered the office after parking their car and rushed to their office not noticing my presence, you always cared to smile at me acknowledging my presence. You always made me feel better about myself." I never knew I was making someone feel better everyday until she mentioned it to me.

Viswa

3 people like this.