1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sangamam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by girvani, Aug 27, 2015.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

As usual my day had started at 4.30AM, I have prepared everything for the kids and woke them up, my husband took them over and left home at 6.20AM. I didn’t know what was waiting for me. You see, Life can be full of surprises. As I start the car, I saw the sky. Far away at the bottom at the sky, red carpet was laid out on the sky to welcome the rising of the Sun. Then there were spectators to see the event. White clouds have paraded in. Various shapes and sizes. While they are moving their shapes changed swiftly. Suddenly, black clouds have marched in. Their sudden appearance was saying, hang on, this is Aberdeen, Scotland. I can bring rain to the country at any time, at any place as per my wish. The next few minutes, red sky, black and white clouds were trying to capture their places. Then there was a sudden opening and an innocent blue part of the sky has appeared. What a combinations of the colours. Like a new-born’s smile, the blue part of the sky refreshed me. Then the guest of honour started coming up. He himself must have watched this preparation and he was full of bright smile and I could see how proud he was. Of course the spectators were not bothered about others who would also love to see this joy, they hide the sun from me. After a while, the black clouds must have felt so heavy, so they have started drizzling. I was coming back to myself as I have approached the car park. I got down from the car and the rain drops fell into me and shiver ran through my veins. One last time, I wanted to see the sky before I enter into the office. And there it was, a DOUBLE RAINBOW. I screamed with a pure joy and each and every cell in me felt the happiness. What a finale for this morning drama. I was numbed with the happiness and gratitude. At that moment, I have realised that I was not me and I was part of the universe.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful description of the Nature.well written and it is like an artist exhibiting his painting .

2 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Absolutely stunning Vani!! I could picture the entire scene as I read through your description. I am happy that you were lost in the beauty of nature as you drove to start your day. I am sure the beauty and the joy of the moment was with you the entire day! Nice narration.

1 person likes this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Very nice narration and should have been a beautiful experience.. Scotland .... hmmm. a dream place to be. Wow ... a double rainbow ... was there a pot of gold on both ends (my DD asked this once) Glad that you had a great start to your day

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

I read in the Facebook about full circle rainbow in Niagara Falls when people were taking a ride in the plane. Now your narration makes me feel excited one more time as you compare various players parading in the presence of guest of honor. What a unique way to look at the change of weather! I didn't know that Scotland weather changes unpredictably and I thought where I live is the only place things can change within a few minutes.

When I lived in Trivandrum, the beautiful capital of Kerala that is full of greenery, I used to enjoy the downpour so much. I have spent hours watching the rain and the trees gleefully welcoming the rain by nodding their heads. If I had to go to Kerala again, I won't miss the opportunity to go by train from Cochin to Trivandrum watching the rain, trees, rivers, etc. No wonder Kerala is called "God's own country".

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Srama. So true, the whole day I was buzzing with happiness:)

8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @jskls. Indeed it was beautiful. Nope, I haven't seen the gold pots. Scotland it beautiful and it is my foster home:)

1 person likes this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Viswa sir. Scotland can have four seasons in a day:). At times, I hear people complain (always), how grey it is, it is miserable and so on. Because, Aberdeen is a granite city. Most of the old buildings are built in granite and it rains very very often. I never ever felt miserable. I see very different, rain showers nourish me and I would love to see Kerala too. I am from Srilanka and I hear people say srilankans and keralites have so much in common.
    Thank you Sir

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Girvani,
    Very enchanting description.Having experienced only the hot, hotter and hottest season in Chennai, I envy you.

Jayasala 42