1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual world inspires me, and gives me the inspiration to live in this world

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 26, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Earlier for woman their house was their world and never used to come out much. Before marriage they were in joint families. After marriage also in joint families and the house work used to keep them busy. They studied only upto X std and some only till VIII std. But later they started becoming graduates, now double graduates.

After the modern technology we, women have learnt computer, so can keep in touch wth anyone, anywhere and have so many virtual friends, brothers , sisters etc.

After retirement I joined IL in 2007 and this September will be completing 8 years in IL. Here I made many friends and became ma for many of them.Now many of our old ILites are not active and I miss them a lot. Had friends through myCoffee MOrning thread and How are you thread and have met also so many ILites , some of them twice, thrice also . Have met ILites in Bangalore, cant forget the first meet we had arranged my Lalita Guru, who is not active now, then had met others in Bangalore. Met Ilites in Coimbatore, Chennai, Dubai , some had come to Mumbai to my house, some of them I went to meet them in Mumbai.

Since two or three years I am active in facebook where I have office friends, IL friends , other friends and relatives. Last year I was very active in another forum Kerala Iyer Samutva Samooham , wrote some posts there and got many friends and brothers also, everyone use to call me Akka. Last year got many wishes also from there for my Birthday. Now I am not much active there

Then had joined Tamil Iyer Ladies, but became active since two weeks. I got attracted there when they had asked everyone to post our photo in sarees, it was a saree week and could see so many different type of sarees. You all know I like sarees very much. So started posting there and got many friends , one friend became my sister , since she is elder to me I call her akka, that also I did not know when another friend told me to call her amma as she is in 70s , I told her I am also in 70s , so started calling her akka. Feel very happy whenI get many feedbacks. Two or three ladies asked me whether I stay in Mulund and got to know I know them and have met them also. One friend started a thread for me for my Birthday and got more than 40 wishes. This keeps me busy and when I am on line forget the world , otherwise I will be thinking of my children who are abroad . They also keep in touch everyday. Now a days whatsapp is there to keep in touch. Now my net is also unlimited , so my time passes on line when I am free. Sometimes my husband also is not there as he is a social worker, now also he has gone out, at those times computer is my best friend.

Friends know what you want them to know about you
    Best friends know what you dont even know about yourself
    And true friends help you to build yourself from all they know
    Let go of those who bring you down and surround yourself
    with those who bring out the best in you.

7 people like this.

2. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

wow!!!!!!!!hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viji ma:) @iyerviji

glad to know about your friends and IL journey.I like that quote .It is true

Friends know what you want them to know about you
    Best friends know what you dont even know about yourself
    And true friends help you to build yourself from all they know
    Let go of those who bring you down and surround yourself
    with those who bring out the best in you.

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Adinil and Latha, sad that except from you both no more feedbacks. Must be this post is not narrated to attract everyone

5. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

very well put we all wish to connect with one another even if only to reaffirm our faith in ourselves.
    yes recently I spoke to two ILites over phone and was so exited may be one of these days I will meet one of them. we seem to have a lot of common friends .
    IlS is a great source of enrgy pleasure and for reaching out.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Gita dear, ya there are lot of good friends in IL. Glad you spoke to two ILites. I have met many ILites , some I have met two times also. Some are not active now a days.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

i balance my real social life very well with virtual social life. If I spend a few hours in social media, I also make sure I interact with friends and neighbors either in person or through phone calls. Even when I go for morning walks, I meet many of my neighbors. Personal interactions satisfie different requirements of mind when compared to socia-media interactions. We learn different things in personal interactions. It is important to even out inspirational virtual world with realities in actual life.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    you are a virtual grandma -can I say so,Viji akka?Virtual world is mesmerizing one and no doubt keep us much occupied at this age.Sometimes the real world, though filled with some bitterness seems to be more fascinating and,meaningful and fruitful than the virtual world.I feel that there is something lacking in virtual world however time passing it be.There is a sense of 'nothingness' or shoonyam in the computer world and perhaps I am wrong and not competent to utilise the modern gadgets in a fruitful way.

I realise that communication has done wonders and we are able to get things at the press of a button.Perhaps that easy accessibility itself breeds some contempt.I feel that there are better things in the world to concentrate .I would like to be away from this 'addiction' or a sense of obsession, which I seem to develop with the virtual world.

For myself, I would like to pack off all these things and give rest to the devices for a week and then start afresh , as 'sleeping over' seems to vitalise us.
    Whether I am able to meet friends or talk to them is a different question.I may not do anything useful to the society.Yet I want to be away from the PC, cell phone or electronic devices for a few days and then rejuvenate.Perhaps I may be wrong.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  9. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji amma I know how pain full it is missing the old friends I wish a lot of times that I could met my friends one more time I keep on searching them in the facebook accounts. yes in such situations virtual world is the one which relieves us from that pain. talking with the new friends sharing the sweet memories of our friendship its a joy in it self. when sharing with the other that moment lives in front of our eyes one more time.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Viswa dear thank you very much for taking time to give feedback to my thread. I value your feedback always because there is something to learn from your feedback. ,
    Glad to know that you balance your real social life with virtual social life.

YOu are right that we learn different things in personal interactions. I also meet many people when I go for Narayaneeyam or any other functions. Actually in Mulund we have so many spiritual functions especially from August onwards that we meet the same people in everyfunction. Now Bajana Samaj is celebrating their 60th year so every month they have musical or other programmes and we dont miss the programmes. They call artists from differen tplaces and we are able to enjoy the programme , mostly the programmes are in the evening and they give dinner also.

When I am at home enjoy in the virtual world

Thank you Viswa for your feedback

1 person likes this.