1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Loko bhinna ruchi:

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Aug 22, 2015.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

When flood comes, fish eats ants and when flood recedes, ants eat fish. Only time matters. Just hold on. Nature gives opportunity to every one.

In a theatre when drama plays, you opt for front seats. When film is screened, you opt for rear seats. Your position in life is only relative. Not absolute.
    For making soap, oil is required. But to clean oil, soap is required. This is the irony of life.
    On many occasions we are in a dilemma.
    The same solution may not work to different persons or to the same person on different similar occasions.
    My father at the age of 88 suffered stroke.He lost the functions of right side of the body and speech.We admitted him in a mission hospital. Within 21 days he almost recovered and regained the normal functions. Within three years my mother, 14 years younger to my father suffered the same paralytic stroke.Same hospital-same doctor-similar treatment -but all turned futile.We had to discharge her in the same bad condition.
    Some surgeries are successful, some are failures.Some unfortunately fall within five percent risk factor and a small key hole surgery becomes fatal.
    Students who always retain the top rank , sometimes get average scores in public exams.
    Bright students who clear IIT entrance test and enter IIT, end up with ordinary jobs.But students with modest scores that pass out from average institutions rise to high ranks.

Every problem has (N+1) solutions: where N is the number of solutions that you have tried and 1 is that you have not tried.We have to necessarily wait for that 1.(one).
    The reality is totally different from what we long to get.

Priorities and preferences vary from individual to individual and from time to time.Comparison will never work.
    Couples ,not gifted with biological children, go in for adoption and satisfy their parental desire .We cannot say, who is gifted, whether the child or the parent.

But some childless couples are either content or spend their time in accusing their fate for ever.
    Some women prefer to be professionals, some prefer to stay at home and each has her own justification.
    Life presents various pictures to various people.

Only two types of people are happy in life - the Mad and the Child. Be Mad to achieve a goal. Be a Child to enjoy what you achieved.

Jayasala 42

16 people like this.
  2. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

One size doesn't fit all, solution varies depending on the situation and associated attributes, nice snippet...

3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice one, madam.
    I liked your formula part giving N+1 solution to a problem.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true. Enjoyed every word of it JS Ma'am. The facts of life very nicely presented.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Jayakka dear congrats for the nomination and as always lovely reply to the nomination by Cheeniya Sir. I can relate to some of the things you have written

When my father had Cancer he had to undergo Allopathic, Ayurvedic treatments but nothing worked and he died. Also those days there was no proper treatment for Cancer like now. When I had hip bone fracture the Doctor who did surgery did not do it properly and also told me take bed rest for two months , not to move my legs and should sit only while eating. It was so difficult fo rme to spend my two months in the bed. Anyway by God's grace another Doctor did surgery again and I was ok though I cant sit down and do namaskar . I was happy that I could take care of myself . It is now 24 yrs . First two operations was in 1991 , in 1992 another surgery to remove the needles. Again in 1999 I had problems , so again surgery by an expert surgeon and an artificial hip joint was replaced and after that I was ok.

2 people like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Loved it Jayasala ma.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I enjoyed reading how the cycle of life works. My paternal grandmother who prayed all her life to die before my grandfather survived my grandfather and lived for 28 more years after his life. My grandfather died out of heart attack while having his lunch at home. He asked for a glass of water and before my grandmother could get it, he died.
    Like my grandfather, my father also died due to chronic renal failure at early 60s and my mother who prayed all her life for death before her husband is now 85 years old. Whereas my aunt who spent her entire life protecting her husband who had a heart attack at the age of 32, died several years ago whereas my uncle is celebrating his 100th birthday this year. Every life is different and we don't have crystal ball to see what was coming.

I always consider the parents as gifted to adopt a child and watch them grow. If they have not done it, someone else will but they would have been deprived of the pleasure to raise a child, watch him/her grow and enjoy his/her success. Some may consider the child as blessed when they are adopted but it is my opinion that all children are always blessed.

As you rightly pointed out, what life presents makes a woman decide whether she wants to pursue her career or stay at home to raise the children. Every woman plays her role very well no matter what they do.

I couldn't agree more with N+1 solution. Most of the time, what I think as the best solution is never successful. Sometimes, what we consider as trouble is the best solution as well.

In my opinion, a balanced mind that has goals as well as child like nature works well. After all, work/life balance is very important for someone to be happy. Pursuing goals alone doesn't bring happiness.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. jayasala42

Thank you Rohsik.

Jayasala 42

9. jayasala42

Dear viswa,
    Thank you Viswa for the wonderful response.Normally women used to pray for Nitya sumangalitvam, ( die as a sumangali)But normally women have more longevity because they give vent to their feelings and don't have built in pressure.
    But my Amma ,contrarily used to pray otherwise." I should take care of Appa till his last breath.If I go away who will take care of him,as I do? For this practical lady Sumanagali Padavi was not at all important. She died 3 years after my father passed away.
    Life is full of so many experiences in life .Some opt for art life. Some opt for Govt jobs, others always favour business.Attitude also changes according to situations. Some by force of circumstances take up other professions. My father wanted to become a lawyer, but he was a teacher throughout.I wanted to be a teacher, but I ended up in a bank.
    "ninaippathellaam nadanthu vittaal------"

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  10. jayasala42

Dear Viji,
    Sorry to learn that you have undergone hip surgery three times.Fortunately now you are back to normalcy.It is just bad time. Experiences always differ.My BIL's daughter underwent spinal surgery for back pain in 1989.Though an expert, the surgeon committed a blunder.Next year he repented and repeated the surgery, but not to the desired success.Fortunately the patient was not paralysed as threatened by many.
    If we collect all our experiences, it would be an interesting guide book.
    Thank you Viji.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.