1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One bestbook is equal to hundred goodfriends but one goodfriend is equal to a library

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 2, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The tittle I have given for this thread is a quote by Dr. Abdul Kalam.

Friendship never speaks volumes, it never demands proof, it never has ahappy ending too. simply because it never ends when friends are true

We all have friends right from the time we are kids. Once we get married then we are separated but the distance does not spoil our relation. Due to modern technology we are ableto keep in touch with them if we wish. Some old friends we are able to meet in functions if we are in the same city. If feelings are true from the heart, then friendship always as bright as diamond.

Whenever I think of my best friend from school I think of the friendship between Lord Krishna and Sudama. It seems Sudama asked Lord Krishna what is the meaning of friendship for which Lord answered where there is meaning there friendship is not there. I am friendly with my school friend since 1957 till today , till 1965 I was in the same city, after that I left the city and we used to keep touch with letters, later we used to phone and now through whatsapp. She is very rich but a down to earth person. We were not financially well during school days and she used to help me a lot, we used to study together , she used to take me in her car to school, used to spend two hours with her, one hour playing and one hour studying. Those are sweet memories now.

Then had friends while working , some are still in touch. I always had friends who are younger than me and some were very close. Some were in . officer grade but still used to be a good friend. One friend who was Manager was very close and used to call me by name only. When her mother in law met me when I went to her house, she told her it seems she is so senior to you and how you call her by name. But in office we cant call aunty. Till today she is in touch with me and visits durng Navratri and whenever I am sick. While working whenever we used to go for any function she used to drop me home

On Friday for Guru Purnima one friend invited to take thambulam as her husband was doing Pada Pooja for Guru and Lalitha Sahasranama archana for Devi. When I went after the pooja was over both did namaskar and took my blessings. Also she put akshada on my leg and again they did namaskar. I was feeling so touched. First we were staying near her house and now a little far but meet during functions and I was so happy that she remembered me and called me.

There were train friends, some in touch and also contract bus friends and now we meet so many during Narayaneeyam. Today also met a freind in Narayaneeyam and she always enquired about my health.

In IL also so many friends are there and I have met many of them . I was so happy whenBhavnam started a thread for me for my 70th birthday and there were 136 replies (their wishes and my reply). Also Dinny had sent me cake through on line and it was delivered at my place. Many friends in IL are not active now but I am still strong in IL and now have many new friends. Some though not active keep in touch through phone.

Friendship – A Bond of Love – A MagicA bond of love,
    A medal of trust.
    A shoulder in sadness,
    A hand in darkness.
    A special relation to hold,
    An ear where secrets can be told.
    An appreciator for encouragement,
    Something that doesn’t cost.
    A jewel never to be lost.
    Is the magic called
    F R I E N D
    [h=2]WISH YOU ALL HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY[/h]

5 people like this.

2. Vasundhra

Vasundhra New IL'ite

Re: One bestbook is equal to hundred goodfriends but one goodfriend is equal to a lib

So true. Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts with all of us on this day @iyerviji ma. Wishing you and all IL's many more such Happy Friendship Days.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: One bestbook is equal to hundred goodfriends but one goodfriend is equal to a lib

Wow @Vasundhra dear glad to get your first fb and wishes. Thank you so much

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wishing all the friends of IL team many more such Friendship Days to share our experiences.A snippet from heart.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@vasundarakumari , Vasundara dear welcome to my thread and justnoticed that you have joined on 31st July and your second post is to my thread. Thanks a lot. Glad to get a new friend. Many of my old friends are not active in IL now and many new friends have joined and glad they have love and respect fo rme. I feel blessed

2 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Jayakka, Happy friendship day to you

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Nice write up on friendship, Vijima. :-D

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Satchi dear, glad to get your appreciation of my thread

9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

A nice write up..madam. As it famously goes 'Tell who your friends are.. I will tell about you'.. I had been lucky to have good friends in my life. I had also been unlucky with people whom I thought were friends but turned out to be untrustworthy.
    So on this friendships day , I feel blessed to have good friends and also feel blessed to be able to differentiate between the genuiene friends and the hypocrites who at the pretext of being friends exploit us.

1 person likes this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Lovely to hear about your friends... Happy Friendship Day Vijima! :)

1 person likes this.