1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First Touch

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Whenever I cross her she would look at me innocently. I always avoided eye contact with her and simply pass by. If she comes close to me I would literally run away. If I see her unexpectedly in the lunch room drinking water I would wait until she gets out. Once the smell of my sandwich attracted her. Poor thing I thought her caretaker was in the meeting and she came to me. Though the thought of sharing my sandwich came to me I was scared of her and what if she comes to me everyday. She loves peanut butter and she goes to another colleague every single day. I screamed for help and asked another colleague to take her back to her place.

This fear in general towards her community was instilled when I was very young. I was hurt once by one of her community member and never ever went near them. I never played with even the cutest one. Once I had a bad encounter with a huge one and I have had many nightmares since then. For some reason we will never get along I thought.

Today was a hectic day at work as well as a very bad daunting day in personal front too. I was hurt so badly emotionally. I decided to do something so unexpected. I didn't care if she hurt me too. I saw her sitting by the cubicle. As soon as she saw me maybe she felt the need to take her first step towards me. Her caretaker held her and I went towards her knelt down and touched her gently. I felt her soft velvette black skin. Amazing it was and after all it was not frightening. She did not bite me either. I am a risk taker but it was the most risky thing I attempted. Touching a dog isn't something that I would have done in this lifetime if not for my worst day. Daisy I thought maybe one day I will have the courage to bring one of your family member home but for now I can just admire the loyalty they carry and the affection they show which is nothing comparable to our humans. Next time I walk past her maybe I wouldn't be scared as much.

3 people like this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

:)Nice write up @jskls
    While reading am thinking what you are telling about :) I like and played with all pets but my fav pet is DOG.:) .True dogs are very faithful and affectionate compare to humanbeings. Really. I enjoyed your post. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @LathaSV. If I tell that I touched a dog to my family members no one will believe it. It was a wonderful experience.

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Did you say dog??? Ready.... Jute!!! smileys-afraid-245021.gif

Just a mention is enough to make me run miles afar! :p Roller coaster rides... And this, touching / feeding a dog or any pet for that matter.... I have buried them deep in my bucket list! Not to be seen at all to even attempt to strike them off!! :p Nope... Never... :oops:

1 person likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

.....Have you seen the "Naigal Jakarthai" Movie? Liked the loyalty of the dog... Heroic! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jskls dear I thought you are writing about a cat. We had cat in our house , each time a different generation, my children used to love them

1 person likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

No I missed it shall watch it. somehow I am not a pet person. My idea is when we live with fellow humans why should we deprive pets of their family. but of late I am so irritated that I feel it's best to shower all the affection towards a pet and expect the least from them. Maybe it's a turning point for me!

1 person likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Yes @iyerviji Vijima, we too had cats in our house when young. Pure white as snow it would come as soon as it hears the sound of chips cracking ... Our cat would have been the only one to have had chips :)

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Our cats also used to like crispy items, one cat used to have dahi bath , that too my husband should put in his plate and then serve her. We have seen them deliver their babies and how much they used to struggle and till they become big we used to keep them in our house. We had four generations but one cat at a time , oncly for some years we had two cats but one was a male. We must have had more than 10 years , their names were Aiswarya, Mimosa, Thukudu and Lucky. Since our bldg has gone for redevelopment we are now in rented house , so no cats. But it was tough time looking after their kids but what to do my husband and children used to love them

1 person likes this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji ma nice to know about your cats. Glad that you had fun raising them. Thanks for sharing