1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Gravity of My Affaire-du-Coeur!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 29, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]The gravity of the situation is just hitting home. Yes, it is pretty grave - no I am not headed that way so soon, but the situation, I meant, is pretty grave. All thanks to that element called 'gravity'... and now I am referring to that entity which measures 9.8m/sec sq.

I have always had a love hate relationship with gravity. Right from the time I was born. I suspect strongly that they probably dropped me on me head when I was a baby (and then conveniently forgot to tell me about it :rant). Gravity just realized that I must be a precious little creature if my people decided to introduce my cranium to, shall we say 'her' (meaning Ms. Gravity?) at such a young and tender age. Or maybe she loved the rattle of whatever little stuff was inside it when it made contact with her. Ms. Gravity. Well, why Ms. and not Mr.? No sexist biases here, but I thought her maternal instincts towards me indicated the possibility that Ms. would be more appropriate.

Ever since that moment, she took it on herself to pull me to herself at every opportunity given to her, often with no prior warning. Such enduring love - good enough to be given a French sobriquet - L'Affaire du Coeur! So much of it that it hurt! Quite literally. The little critters living in the lap of her twin sister Mother Earth would fall in love with my knee or elbow or whatever other part of the anatomy that made contact with her and refuse to let go. Then there would be Consequences with a capital C. Consequences which must certainly have driven my biological Mother up the wall .... despite which, surprisingly, she still retained her love for me. Of course she was not beyond little acts of revenge such as using methylated spirit to clean up pus-filled wounds which would eventually lead to a high fever, courses of antibiotics .... towards recovery only to go and kiss Ms. Gravity all over again!

My love affair with Momma Gravity never abated. All through life she kept showering affectionate kisses and hugs on me. Even at the most inconvenient moments when I was riding a moped or when I was running down stairs to hurry off to work. Love - that many splendoured thing - in excess, can hurt physically as well as emotionally - imagine the affront to one's dignity when one's mother decides to shower her love and affection so publicly at the most inopportune moments! The consequences, be it degenerate joints or broken cartilages or bones ..... are certainly grave. Only they don't ensure early entry to that place. No, although reasonably (or unreasonably) grave, they are not that grave either! Oh dear! Momma Gravity, would you kindly learn to accept the reality? Your much loved daughter is now a grown up and not in such regular displays of affection. She knows you love her and she reciprocates your sentiments whole-heartedly, but she wishes you would stop embarrassing her so regularly in public! [/JUSTIFY]

7 people like this.

2. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Ah! so is it this? Now I could finally disambiguate what “falling in love” means.

Wow, the love attraction vs gravitational acceleration is all about physics of love? But why people talk so much about chemistry n chemistry with love???? Interesting!

Anyways, very nice thesis Satchi:2thumbsup: …you surely have lots of Dadaji Newton’s genes in you but, but!..careful, don’t keep dropping the apples, or beets or carrots (A, B,C, …) too often..:wink:
    Btw did Nanaji Einstein say “ Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love”? hmm..may be he was jealous of Dadaji.gigglingsmiley

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

Hi Parineeta, don't people 'gravitate' towards each other when in love? Only difference is that I do tend to take things a bit too literally! So it is that I have not really noticed the difference between rolling a ball around and rolling around like a ball myself. It also talks of the quality of empathy - empathy for a ball!

2 people like this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

HAHA. Grave is gravity is it ? Hilarious one Satchi, too good.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Satchi,

I almost skipped this post of yours, mere reason being I presumed it to be something related to Science and what not thoughts crossed my mine :) but definitely some gravitational force had me read it again till end :wink: . Nicely put....your encounters sorry love affairs has turned sour ah, hope Ms Gravity gets the message :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha! What a read Satchi! Only you ofcourse! :-D :thumbsup

Gravity has been good with me always, toooo gooood that even if I myself wish for it to swallow the whole of me than to have to live through an embarrassing moment... Nope, it never happens! Damn! Should we switch souls....? :roll:

2 people like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Very nice humor Satchi. I used to be like that and was scolded that I never learnt to walk properly and somehow only motherland loved me I believe.... now my LO has that affinity/ gravitational love towards her motherland .... Do you know kannada Satchi ... my dad would tease my LO as Urulegadda .... because she rolls on the floor like a potato even if she is seated on a chair.. Nice read though. Thanks for bringing a smile on a tough day.

2 people like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

There seems to be a direct connection to gravity with bone density. Stronger the density of the bones, the gravity doesn't pull people to the ground from vertical to horizontal position. It is time to strengthen the bone density through Glucosimin and Chondroitin. Even if I widen my body to improve gravity, it doesn't work.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Thought it is some Physics lesson...I keep miles away from Physics. Chemistry is o.k.
    So, earth's gravitational force pulls you more than others......it loves you!!!! (Gravity is not bothered about consequences). She wants to kiss you. That's it!
    I was always under the impression that gravity attracts small kids more and old people as well....not us. My kids always have a band aid on knees or elbows. With old, consequences are more serious. That's why my father's Ortho told him to make a walking stick his companion...but my father's self respect came in the way of walking with a stick ( I even gifted him one nice, fancy looking one from Khadibhandar). But he never used it.
    Chemistry of love between two people I can understand but Physics I can never make out!

Hilarious one. Thank you.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.