1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 5, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Roller Coasters are fun for many. Children especially just go crazy and wild even at the mention of theme park visit. Are we there yet questions never arise. They never mind standing for an hour at the entrance to get their tickets. How many times have we seen children standing patiently for a Darshan at Tirupathi? Never.... Pouring rain or hot sun, nothing stops the fun they anticipate on these roller coaster rides.

But for a few it's a stomach crunching situation. Even when waiting in line they would want to run away. Finally when they get seated and try to relax, still the fear factor would take precedence. Once it starts moving and the roller coaster starts climbing up, the pressure starts building up internally. Their heartbeat increases. It's too late; nothing can be done but to at least look around and grasp the beautiful view from 200 ft above the ground. Then there is the sudden drop. Suddenly all that is heard is Aaaahhhhhh… Wind blows so hard trying to uplift you from your seat. Seat restraint does not hold any chains or glasses. You can't even estimate the speed at which you are traveling ... Do you hold the restraint or hold on to whoever is next to you or do you avoid the feeling of being thrown out or hold on to mangalsutra at least? Above all the feeling it brings waiting for all this to end no matter how thrilling the experience is unexplainable.

Now here it's obvious that I am not one of those thrill ride loving person but still have to give up on my personal preference for children's sake. While waiting by myself for one ride which I liked in the whole theme park because it was just like going on a swing but 400 ft above in the air, got me thinking how our life is also a roller coaster. Some phases are up and some are down. Some experiences in life are enjoyable and memorable while others are not. We travel with family in some experiences while we prefer to travel on our own in Spiritual path. In the case of roller coasters though the wait is long the whole ride just takes 2 mins and 99.9% of the time we come out in single piece and the experience each one has is different. But in our life's roller coaster which is slow moving doesn't seem to be thrilling though we exhibit the fear factor of unknown. we cannot anticipate the final outcome and it takes a life-time of experience & doesn't end in two minutes. It wouldn't be exciting if the outcome is known or ends in a short period of time. Just like a display of fireworks to mark the end of a fun day, with good memories and lessons learnt along the way life could be a fun experience too when taken in the right spirit.

9 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

jskls dear Life is like a rollercoaster, with ups and downs, the problem is when we get stuck in the downs .

I like enjoying any rides. As you said life is a roller coaster, our experiences in life are enjoyable and memorable. Let us enjoy thinking of the moments when we enjoyed in life .When we are happy we feel time goes very fast and no time for othe rthings but when we are sad time does not go only and we feel sad.

Enjoyed reading your post

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Only difference between a roller coaster ride in a theme park and in real life is that in the latter we have no choice - we are herded into the park without asking for it, put on the roller coaster, we can scream or shout, no one rescues us from the ride and eventually we just have to go through with it, no matter what the outcome - like it or lump it.

3 people like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:-D You being You... All philosophical! Gyanam malai adivaruthula varumnu kelvi patruken ungalku ucchi vanathula erukombodhu thonudhey...Epdi? :mrgreen: Ha ha! How you started lite and How you ended with such a heavy message! But thanks to you, I ll never look at those rides again without your snippet crossing my mind...That is if I ever had the guts to go on a roller coaster ride at all! :p

Thanks for sharing, good Sunday read indeed! Esp the last few lines...Couldn't agree more...Truth, well said! :)

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

you put it right that it's a problem when we get stuck in downs of life. Also well said on time flying fast when we are happy and slow when we are sad. Thanks @Iyerviji ma for your nice FB

1 person likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

You hit the bullseye Satchi. Yes no choice in life. Just accept it and go with it. Thanks for your wonderful FB.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Glad jskls dear that you liked my fb. Reading others feedbacks I thought I have not written according to the subject. Everyone reads well the post and then they will give the fb. But for some threads I dont think only and give my fb. Later when I sees others feedbacks I feel I should have waited to give fb

1 person likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

ha ha Kaniths I was wondering Enna solluveenga nnu. Didn't know that you Dont ride ride roller coasters. As u said I let my mind free at 400ft high letting my feet hang and just swinging in circle enjoying the view this is the result .... Thanks for reading and for your Nice FB too.

1 person likes this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Have you tried the ones that topples you 360 degree inverted? Appo enna yosipeenga?!! ideasmiley Nan nera yosikardhey thalakizha dan erukku.... Kupira kavuthu pottu yosicha? Boomi thangathu!!! laugh1smiley

Lines - 20150330_175229cr-1.jpg

Recently had gone to a theme park & there was this above ride. I was watching with awe how would anyone want to go against gravity? If being that high is not too much, It toppled the girls upside down for a sec or two & then in one swift fast motion circled them 360 degrees before they could touch the ground again!! Its still a wonder to me how they dint "spill their guts" on their way down, believe me I would have definitely! I quit the queue & satisfied whatever adrenaline rush was left in me just trying safer rides at ground level! And this photo is enough to throw me into fits if ever I wish to go on such rides again! Nope. Never. Not for me!! smileys-ill-922086.gif

:p

1 person likes this.
  10. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one LS. Good to know that you are strong.

@kaniths - yaerkanavae naama kavuththu potta karappaam poochchi maathiri thaan onnum panna mudiyaama thudikkaroam. :)

2 people like this.