1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am different from others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 1, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I dont know how and why I am like this. Some people are so cool when something excited happens. But for me I get excited when something goodhappens and sad when something bad happens. If I win something I cant keep quiet and feel like dancing even at this age, especially when I win the finest post award in Indusladies. I am glad that twice I won the Finest post award in Indusladies and also award for blog and social group discussion contest. I myself cant believe that I have won such awards in IL. I am not boasting because many others have won more awards, some have bagged the award when they are new in IL and have left IL also.

There is a saying

Dont get depressed if everything goes wrong
    dont get overconfident if everything goes fine
    always be in equilibrium position because nothing is permanent

I think others know about this quote, thats why they are cool. I read all quotes but follow only some.

Living is simple,loving is simple
    laughing is too simple, winning is also simple

Then what is difficult

being simple is very difficult, but for me I think being simple is simple but winning is not so simple

When I wake up in the morning I first pray to God , then after taking bath how is my luck today, then think about what I will be able to achieve today.

When mind is weak, a situation become problem
    when mind is balanced the situation becomes a challenge
    when mind is strong that situation becomes opportunity
    its all a mind game

7 people like this.

2. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

No Ma'am you are not different from others.
    You are just like everyone in Punjab!(meant in a good way)

2 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A child like mentality, rarity to possess.I evy you Viji madam.

On many occasions I wanted to be like you,But it is an impossible task for me. I take time to laugh or feel sad.Very often I used to start assessing myself whether to feel happy or very sad on a particular occasion is correct and proper taking into account my age and .But fortunately, this weighing process of my emotions has never interfered in taking decisions life at appropriately.

I enjoyed your writing.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    winning the hearts is very important than winning awards. You have lured the hearts of Of our IL members and we all admire you and love you for your simplicity and child like qualities. This quality can't be achieved and it is in born. You have that rare quality.

Joys and sorrows are not to be controlled and they are to be experienced.

PS

3 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

@jmsd welcome to my thread and glad toget your first fb and to know that I am just like everyone in Punjab

6. iyerviji

@jayasala42 Jayakka dear from when I became madam. You have gone through many experiences in life thats why you take time to laugh and feel sad. Glad that you are able to take correct decisions, that is what is required, that shows your experiences and taking time to decide. Glad you like my writing

2 people like this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    Nothing wrong in feeling sad when something sad happens and happy and laugh when something good happens. We do gets depressed in sad situations, I agree. but soon come out of it. I am also like that. If a person is the same in all the situations...may be spiritually they are Stithapragna......but I have not reached that level. Not trying also.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  8. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma,

Classic Ma, what a simple and sincere snippet. Happy and sad moments get hold of us, it's good to experience and react to it, that shows we are actively involved in life and it's course of action. @jaysala42 : I wish I could be like Jay Ma, in making right decisions inspite of these emotional interferences.

Like @Syamala1234, says when a person has attained the mind of a saint and seer, they have great balance, we should become the master of our mind.

@PushpavalliSrinivasan, and I absolutely second Pushpa AMMA's comment, each and every word very true. You are a person who is so simple and straight forward, very loving and appreciative. Enjoy life with all its facets, Ma.

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

It is good for both mental and physical health to try and keep a very balanced mind. Excessive excitements and excessive disappointments allow several things in the body fluctuate violently. In my view, childlike behavior is needed only for accepting everyone as they are, love everybody dearly and be very simple in having expectations. But excessive excitements and disappointments that are normal for children should be avoided.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Sorry for the late reply @PushpavalliSrinivasan Pushpa Mami. Thanks for your loving message which made my day.