1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-World

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

A friend called me yesterday,

Friend: "Hey, you know that i****a is going to get cancer"
    Me: "What? Who I****a"?
    Friend: "Aare, that neighbor of Raman"
    Me: "Raman? Neighbor? I don't know of any neighbor I****a or Raman? Did they move in the neighborhood recently?"
    Friend: "Aare, nahi. They have been there for 3 years"
    Me: "Oh really!!. What does it mean by she is going to get cancer?"
    Friend: "Oh there is going to be a leap and I****a didn't want to be part of the leap so they are ending her character by having her cancer. Don't you watch, Yeh Hai Muhabaat?"
    Me: "Oh you are talking about TV serial. No, i haven't watched that one. I am not into serials. I may watch it here and there."
    Friend: "Oh you should watch them. They are really interesting"

My friend is a "TV Serial Stalker". She watches each and every serial and even follows personal life of the characters. She knows the past, present and future of all the TV Serial actors and actresses. She is very active on the serial forum site, india-forums.com.

I have seen a few serials and after watching them, i didn't like them. I learned the following from the Indian Hindi TV Serials. I don't like to spend half an hour to watch 15-20 mins of serial with only 5-10 mins of actual drama. Rest is all closeup of each and every character.

1. The protagonist has to be a DIL of the house.
    2. Either MIL, Co-sis, SIL has to be evil. Many times more than one or in turns they get evil.
    3. One of the SIL would be staying in the house along with her husband.
    4. The ghar-Jamai would always be in the house. Never i have seen ghar-jamai working.
    5. Only the husband of the DIL is earning and running a business which grows from lakhs to crores to multi billions of dollars in a two to three years.
    6. For every small crime in the house, the Police Commissioner is called. No wonder, real crimes in the cities are increasing as the PC is busy helping one family after another.
    7. The evil ladies have access to goons and they can kill, hurt anybody, anywhere.
    8. The evil ladies are omnipresent. They can hear all the conversation of the house.
    9. The DIL always solves the crime. The PC and the police department are never able to solve the crime. Maybe the government should hire these DILs to solve crimes.
    10. Everyone gathers into the family hall, leaving whatever work they are doing and all they do is make annoying faces. Who knows they may be shooting once with different faces and then the editor, depending on the situation, must be using them like we use emoticons. :rotfl
    11. When the serial is about to end, everyone suddenly becomes nice and forgives all crimes of everyone and is one happy family. :bang. This one really irritates me. In movies, at least there is retribution where the hero beats the goon, and says, "This one is for troubling my father, This one is for troubling my mom, etc". One feels closure. But excusing everyone and forgiving everyone?
    12. If some dies or has a divorce, the surviving partner has to be married asap. A groom or bride is always present for marriage.
    13. A person meets with an accident and suddenly has a plastic surgery and apart from a different face, the height, body, speech every thing changes. Shouldn't Modi advertise such plastic surgery in his "Make in India" campaign? It will bring in huge dollars.
    14. There are long shots of the house. But the same house is shown in many serials, meaning many families are living in the same house. But in one serial the two story house is shown internally to be a single story and vice-versa.
    15. There are many ladies and maids in the house, yet only the DIL is the one cooking. The evil ladies are always there to add in salt or even poison into the food.
    16. It takes 20 minutes for people to walk twenty steps. The westerners are wrong about brisk walking and running. Slow walking is the secret to anti-aging and health. Most grandmas in the tv serials look younger than their DIL and with no grey hair.
    17. The lights in the house are always on. No one switches on or off the lights as the cameras are always on. Maybe this explains why Arvind Kejriwal's electricity bill is 91 Lakhs. He must be having cameras on 24x7 to catch sting operations.
    18. The ladies wear expensive sarees, jewelry and makeup, even when sleeping. No concept of night dresses. They wake up equally fresh with no wrinkles on the dress and no missing earrings.
    19. The men of the house are always quiet. Never say a word on any issue. If the men were such in real life, the IL forum would have been silent.

I can't understand how people accept this mini world, serial after serial and get so addicted to it.

Would love to hear of your experience with TV Serials.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha TV daily soaps are known for their elasticity. For instance, if a woman has labours in the first episode,l she must suffer for another 20 or 25 episodes before the soundtrack is filled with the cry of a newborn.. And the ladies in serials don't have even a single clue that nightgowns and jewellery boxes and bureaus exist. They go to bed everynight in their silk saris, bedecked with jewellery. I also suspect that before they start shooting the serial they take stock shots of every character slapping the other so that they could incorporate them in the script as it develops. When seriials are about to end? When do they end?. They seem to be eternal. Serial stalkers? They need serial killers.

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice to read your post. I read every point with a smile. But we need to understand that serial s is meant to people who like to watch them this way. See in a day or two do you think our lives turn out to be different. So the serial are also expected to be slow moving …
    Even I don’t believe that whatever they are showing makes complete sense, but I watch sometimes to understand the intensity of their stupidity. For example in a serial suhani, it is shown that her friend comes with her family to take revenge on the DIL by staying with them and disturbing them constantly. Do you think such a thing can happen anywhere in this world?? It is a world of unreality, backed with unreal characteristics, unrealistic expressions and ogled at by real people with real emotions who wants the directors to make the turn as per their predications….
    P.S. I watch them for their title songs,( dil kabhi rukta nahin… tu sooraj..etc)

4. Akanksha1982

hehe... Nice one Balajee. Thanks for picking up the "Serial Stalker" world. There is a serial i watch off an on, called "KumKum Bhagya". In that serial, a marriage has been happening for a few months now. Totally ridiculous. If you visit, India-forums.com, people are so much into the serial and characters that they debate on each and every episode and action.

1 person likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Hey Vani, how are you? Nice to hear from you. What surprises me is that the serials starts consuming real life of people and people start believing in stuff. There was a serial, don't remember but where they showed evil magic and stuff like that and a neighbor of mine started believing it is true and was always thinking that someone is doing black magic on her.

The friend i mentioned in my post always talks about serials and she would relate any topic to the serial.

Again thanks to hear from you.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

i almost spilt my tea, reading yr post. Hilarious but equally true, i too dont watch even one serial.i was addicted to Jassi, and a few others, but now i just keep off them and i am very happy.

my maid watches them in the afternoons when she is free and cutting veggies, she looks at the TV while cutting veggies, i tell her, one day she will cut her fingers, but does she listen? She has two DIL's and now inthat small house, she has seperated one of her DIL, and she has borrowed some money from me for that. HAHA

The reasons u give are so apt. yes make up always, lights on, eveil mil's roaming around in dozens, and so on.

Hilarious really, and may i suggest umake a serial minus all these dramas, and let us see how it fares ?

HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

A82 - I never expected this from you!!!!!

You are more dangerous than the serial producers!!!!!

Already serials are running for years with out showing the characters change in to night dress, iron their clothes, remove their accessories...

Showing all this would make the serials go for decades. There are some to be watched for the "X" factor and there are these things that are loved/watched for the non"X"ense factor.

Have pity on those that bear "serial" against their "religion".

Nice one A82 - I don't watch too.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha dear I am not in your list of not watching TV serials. I know its not so good watching them , my son also tells why to watch these serials , they are always crying. But people like me who sit at home and dont have work of taking care of grandchildren because they are abroad what else to do. Once you start watching you feel like watching because you want to know what happened. Whatever you have mentioned about themis all correct.

If there is a marriage to be conducted in the serial it takes so long, now also in one or two serials since two months it is going on and the marriage is not yet conducted. Also in on eserial there was some suspense , I had gone to Dubai end of Jan and came back end of Feb but only now it is settled , but again another suspense. WhenI was in Dubai I could not watch Sun TV I was thinking what would have happened but when I came back nothing much happened. In every serial there is one lady who is very important and she knows everything, so we know that nothing will happen to her. Actually we viewers who are TV addicts know what will happen next. But still we cant be without watching , what to do it is a nice past time for us. In every serial there is a villi who will do anything to spoil the person whom she does not like. Today also in one serial a Lady Police Inspector is in love with a married person. She wants to join him , so she does so many things to be with him. This man's wife is pregnant, 7 months or so, and she is coming down the steps when another lady touches her leg purposely adn the pregnant lady falls down the steps(which the villi had told to do) . What all they show in the serial . Also when a lady is pregnant why should she climb the steps in her house , why not stay in the ground floor only, but they always show about climbing the steps and going to first floor. And now the Doctor says that the child's skull is affected so the child has to be aborted. They were going to have the Godbarai ceremony.

Sorry for boring you

sindmani, Akanksha1982 and VaniVyas like this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Your maid will surely cut her finger, if she continues to watch serials and cut vegetables.

I understand that dramas are important. But serial after serial, the same drama? same formula? and people get glued to the same stuff?

10. Akanksha1982

GG please don't pressurize me. I am a simple person and get scared of expectations. I like to be a free bird and sing what i feel like.

Well, its not about pity, i am scared of religious serial watchers. I have to look at the time before calling them so as to not disturb them.

2 people like this.