1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Curse of Morpheus

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Aria, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

"Aria, are you ready"
    "Yes, I'm prepared Morpheus"
    "Aria, when the clock strikes 1AM, we need to sneak into the 'Ministry of Genetics' and steal the report on recent experiments on Alaskan rodents"
    "What?! Alaskan rodents? Are there rodents in Alaska"

(audible footfalls)
    "Ssh..someone is approaching"

(I notice that my shoe lace is untied)
    (bend to fix it)

"Morpheus ... I notice something ... something very strange ... "
    "Sssh I think the guards are approaching "
    "Morpheus ... I don't think these are my shoes, I don't have blue shoes ... I only have grey and black and I've no shoes with lace, only latchet .."
    "Shut up!"
    "Morpheus ... I don't ... I don't get it ... unless this is a dream-m-m!"

(startled, I wake up)

That dream is etched in my mind because that was when it began few years back. I cannot seize the agent which seeded this transformation from dark cathode to conscious plasma in my dreams. I was the girl wielding a cutlass at T-Rex. I was the girl surrounded by aliens trying to punch the hyper drive activation code in an escape pod. I was the girl summoned by spirits to free them from tyrant master. Never were my dreams interrupted with any cognitive jolts. I could be surfing on a hoverboard, racing with Daleks, but they were as real as the bead of perspiration I wake up with after a frenzied night of adventure. Few years back, at an alarming rate, the phantasmagoria was punctuated when a minor aberration would enable my conscious mind and interpret my dreams.

Hold on!
    I don't have an oxygen mask
    and this planet is so alien
    oh! it's a dream
    Why is this T-Rex barking like a dog
    unless it is a dog and the next moment,
    the T-Rex shrinks to the size of a cur
    what is this transfiguration
    nevermind! it's a dream

My expeditions to alien worlds and escapades in time-machine were economically cut down to earthbound charters when I was no longer an intrepid voyager but only a curious nobody. An urgent need to the loo flushes my dream on seeing an oval instead of square toilet seat. The boarding flight announcement disembarks my dream when I realize that I don't have a red colored trolley bag. Every time on my wakefulness, I feel like I've just swallowed the pill in Matrix which welcomes you to the real world but I don't know how that pill is finding way to my body. I thought of reading articles on hypnotic stasis and how to sustain dreams. But afraid that my condition may worsen with any understanding of the inducement of dreams and these pedestrian imagery may as well heave-ho me I lie to await my fate with a whimper and glass of horlicks that today my dream stays longer before I realize that I've worn purple pyjamas to sleep and they are green now.

What an accursed soul! Cursed by Morpheus, the Greek god of dreams who takes human form to appear in dreams, I await my fate at his hands. Soon my dreams adapted to exist as extension of my real life sloughed of any supernatural, or suspicious trimmings. I was dreaming of waking up for breakfast, watching television, brushing my teeth where my toothbrush matched with precision the color and brand of my real-world toothbrush. No longer was my compadre a swashbuckling pirate or snout-faced martian but my real life friends enacted as cameos.

Moreover, there is one important thing I forgot to mention
    (I close my laptop)
    (remove my glasses)
    (to be continued in my dream or I'd wake up again wondering ... hold on! I didn't complete the post how is it published in IndusLadies)

ZZzzzz

10 people like this.

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Did I just rant again?

Hold on!
    ... I notice something ... something very strange...

Ohh Vocabulary!! What?? I got Aria's brains now??
    ... I don't get it ... unless this is a dream-m-m!!

Nevermind! it's a dream!

May be I should continue my sleep and read again when am awake!

ZZzzzz

:rotfl

2 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aria,

What a colourful dreams u have Aria. Err what do u drink before u go to bed, i am sure, not a glass of milk.

HAHA.

Superb.

Regrds

kamal

3 people like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Scene @ Ar(i)(y)a Bhavan:

Master 2 sets of all the new edition dics please for cus(kash)tomer gg :):):)

Good one A'

3 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Aria,

Looks like you live more in a dream state than a wake state who wouldn't what with your vivid dreams, interesting things (read aliens and dinosaurs), places, shoes and not to speak of pajamas!! No wonder you are there constantly wondering about this wakeful state. Like I have said before, why do I feel I know yous so well! You should listen to the dream I had recently - you will fall backwards but it makes perfect sense to me.

Enjoy your little world girl, it is not the curse of Morpheus but count as your blessings. What else can you ask for when you wake up you are wondering about your dream instead of life's routine issues. Enjoy!

I do have to say though that this post was a not dream and you did type in. You can go back to sleep dreaming of all these wonderful feedbacks - after all it is your school and wake up knowing it is all true while I will prepare myself to ride with you in your next dream :biggrin2:

3 people like this.
  6. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

1 month and you round up everyone in snippets.
    2 months and you round up everyone in IL.
    3 months and now you are calling yourself "Boss".

Don't halt. I love your attitude!
    Sleeping or dreaming you seem to be making great progress ;-)

1 person likes this.
  7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Someone tries to trip in one thread, another enquires of a "trance"
    Think I need to check myself in rehab :biggrin2:

What is that [JK]?
    True, dreams and reality superimpose on each other's state. Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

J Krishnamurthi I suppose

1 person likes this.
  9. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Ooooh!
    You want me openly declare the secret concoction when I'm planning to sell the formula on eBay to highest bidder.

Just a headsup all the ingredients can be sourced from Jaipur if you are interested to partner a franchise with me. You know that my School for FB-ers was liquidated last month and so I need to devise another plan to eke out a living.

Thank you for calling my dreams "colorful".
    (you missed out that they are also 4D)

10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

GG, now that you've two dictionaries tucked under your arm, and to fully avail both the editions so that you don't feel cheated on service provided on purchase of 2 dictionaries, here is an abridged and advanced version just for you:

"Aria, are you kitted"
    "Yes, I'm copacetic Morpheus"
    "Aria, when the horological tower strikes 1AM, we need to trespass 'Chez Genetics' and steal the report on Alaskan marmots"
    "Ssh..someone is doppler blue-shifting"

(I notice that my ankle wrap is untied)
    (bend to fix it)

"Morpheus ... I descry something ... something very fey and outre... "
    "Sssh I think the praetorians are approaching "
    "Morpheus ... look at my calced feet, I don't have cerulean wedges... I only have charcoal and ebony and I've no wedges with ankle wrap"
    "Morpheus ... I don't ... I don't get it ... unless this is a sweve-n-n-n!"

Graven sweven! Cannot determine the bitemporal agent which rewired my noetic display from tenebrous wall to splendent scrim. I was the tyke wielding a poniard at velociraptor, pincered by aliens. Never were my dreams interrupted with any cognitive epipens. I could be surfing on a hoverboard, racing with Daleks, but they were as veritable as the rivulet of sudorific expulsion after nocturnal galumphing.

I don't have an oxygen matte, and this planet is so xenobiotic
    oh! it's a dream
    Why is this velociraptor barking like a corgi, what is this transmogrification
    nevermind! it's a dream

Cursed by Morpheus, the anthropomorphizing god of dreams. Soon my dreams metastasized — exuviated of supernatural trimmings. I dreamt of matutinal jentacular feast, rotoscope viewing, denture polishing. No longer was my compadre a swashbuckling buccaneer or snout-faced xenomorph.

(I close my portable programmable machine)
    (remove my pince-nez)
    (to be continued in my dream)

ZZzzzz

1 person likes this.