1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A tiny word-so precious!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jun 17, 2015.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

In Western countries it is very common to see even strangers greeting you with a Hello, Hi, Have a nice day and so on.It makes us really good.It raises our spirits.After all it is human nature to have an identity and love getting acknowledged.Many people really believe that if they are greeted by someone the whole day would be nice.

There are days where nothing seems to work.They are really challenging and dampen our spirits.On those occasions it will be a real booster if someone greets them.Everybody knows that a simple hello may not solve problems, but can certainly brighten their spirits and induce confidence.
    Those who have greeted also take with them a happy mode.Like the Quality of Mercy of Shakespeare ,it blesseth him that gives and him that receives.

Don’t underestimate the power a hello can have on your fellow human being. It costs you nothing, yet it brightens the spirits of others—and yourself. That’s quite the deal.
    Sometimes long standing enmity and misunderstandings vanish within seconds of ordinary enquiries like'Saukyama?''(Are you fine)

A person was working in a freezer plant.The day's work was almost over.Every one had packed up to check out.In the last moment a technical slag developed in the plant. The worker went inside

to check. By the time he finished the job, it was very late.the doors of the plant were sealed and the lights were put off.He was trapped inside the icy plant without air and light. Nothing could be heard from outside.He was perhaps destined to have his icy grave.He prayed for his peaceful death and welfare of of his family members.

Hours passed.He started gasping for breath.

Suddenly he heard some sound. Someone was opening the door.Was it God? Was it a miracle?
    The Security Guard was there with a torch.He helped the worker to come out, gave him some water and comforted him.

On the way back the worker asked how the guard knew that he was trapped inside and who informed him.
    "No one Sir.As I was taking my dinner in a restaurant I met one of the workers. He didn't even recognise me. There are around 40 workers in the plant. You are the only one who says 'Hello' in the morning and 'bye' in the evening.You reported in the morning. I realised that I didn't remember to have seen you going out after a smiling 'bye'.Suddenly I got a flash.. I thought you would have got stuck inside. I ran to the plant and opened the door. My suspicion proved to be correct.Very sorry, I have come late to help you."

The worker profusely thanked him" I never expected that a small gesture of greeting would prove to be my life saver.

An act or a word of kindness that you do today ,can come back to you or some one you love unexpectedly.If you do not see this act of kindness returned,at least you will have a pleasant difference in the world.Ultimately,is it not that what life is all about.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience." -

Jayasala 42

14 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is so true JS ma'm.....I am reminded of the phrase Vachane Ka daridratha...from

प्रियवाक्यप्रदानेन सर्वे तुश्यंति जंतवः |
    तस्मात्तदेव वक्तव्यं वचने का दरीद्रता ||

All living creatures love listening sweet words.
    So in that case, why poverty of sweet words?

We can go ahead and simply say, forget sweet words, why poverty (hold back) in saying a simple hello and making someone's day?

3 people like this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

A touching story and a lovely message to end with, Jayasala madam.
    Thanks for sharing this. -rgs

4. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely true @ jayasala42 Madam
    when I came here first time felt why they were greeting without knowing me then I realized their nice custom and followed ....

1 person likes this.
  5. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@jayasala42 Mam

100% true. Very good message with a good story. I have also read this story somewhere.I am not able to recollect where.

Generally I greet every one in the morning when I enter my office, which actually lifts my spirit also since they greet me back.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Very true Jayakka, touching story and nice message. Hello with a smile on the face makes our day. For some it is difficult to smile. It truly brightens ourday. When I was in Dubai I used to greet the neighbours when I used to meet them. One day one neighbour was saying here in Dubai noone talksto the other person , they are busy in their own world, but you always greet us and talk to us, feel so happy. We are not losing anything by saying Hello .

1 Hand of Help,1 Word of Sympathy,
    1 Act of Humanity,
    1 Smile of Charity,
    AND 1 Sweet “Hello” Can Change Someone’s “Mood” ‘n “Life”

3 people like this.
  7. jayasala42

Dear Viji, so true. Whether we know them or not, we exchange smile and greetings and it makes our days. I liked the last line of your response very much.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. jayasala42

Thank you Harini for the response. It is better we make it a habitto greet everyone.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  9. jayasala42

Dear Latha, when we went to US for the first time ,I hesitated to smile at strangers.Even in all the shops when they deliver goods they wish you good day.
    Somehow in India the habit has caught up only in offices and not while we meet relatives or friends.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  10. jayasala42

Dear RGS,
    Thanks for your response.

Jayasala 42