1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness in IL

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 5, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

All these days I used to feel happy starting a thread and getting Like for that and more happy getting afeedback and super happy if I get feedback from Cheeniya Sir or other great writers of IL. But today I feel there is more happiness in giving a feedback and if the feedback is liked by the thread starter and they appreciate the feedback. Super happy when the feedback is nominated by someone and it reaches the finest forum. I always feel happy when I am able to bring a smile on someone's face. There is a thrill waiting for the reply to the feedback especially in finest forum.

Now this year we have new ILites who write so well and sometimes there are so many snippets that do not know to which thread to give feedback. I always finish my nominations by the first week only and have to wait for next month to nominate and by that time I forget which thread I wanted to nominate.

For some threads I do not know what feedback to give though sometimes I see that noone has given feedback , so wait for others to give feedback so that accordingly I can also give feedback. Some ILites are very good not only in writing a thread but also giving feedbacks

What is your opinion about my opinion

5 people like this.

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Pavithra dear for your immediate like and feedback which made my day. I will definitely give feedback to your threads dear

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    Please do not single me out like this! I am happy if my FBs make you happy and contented but that should not make you call me 'great'. There are some members of the younger generation who mesmerise us with their writing. I saw Sokanasanah's response to Aria's Feed Back thread. That single picture was so eloquent! Gauri03's neurons are very special! Aria is one who hates to tread on terra firma! She trusts her wings a lot more than her legs! I can name many who really give me a complex.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

It is true when someone appreciates our post or feedback, we feel very happy. There is no denial of the fact. Every writer in this world, every artist in the world, every entertainer in the world, every sports personnel in the world is looking for appreciation without which their existence becomes life without the soul. However, at some point in time, they all enjoy doing what they do and get a great sense of fulfillment. Even after reaching highest quality standards, they are not satisfied and keep trying more. They discuss with other professionals and take their input to make themselves better.

It is a fact that I learned more from the feedbacks I have received than my original writing. Knowing this, I am doubly careful when I write feedbacks. I would like to make sure my feedbacks are not meaningless without adding value to the original post. In fact, I consider the quality of responses are more important than the quantity. I take my time to read the posts so that I can write proper responses.

The feeling of oneness in IL is the greatest happiness, in my opinion.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Glad to get your second feedback.I have said you and other great writers , I have not mentioned their names because I might leave out someone as there are so many great writers in IL.True youngsters are there who mesmerise us with their writing. Old is always gold and for me you are the Role Model and learn so much from your writings and enjoy your writings. Why should you have a complex, you are great in your own way. Because of your super writings only you and Kamla are selected for Finest Forum as it is a difficult task to choose the winners and now day by day we are having new ILites who write so well. You both give super replies also to the nominations which make the person who nominated and the person who wrote the thread .

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Viswa dear thanks for the thought provoking feedback as always. Glad to know that you learned more from feedbacks, actually people learn so much from your feedbacks. You are right quality is more important than quantity. If I understand the thread then I give my feedback immediately, in some cases it goes above my head so wait for others responses then give my feedback

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Apart from the wings, you are forgetting to mention the underdeveloped scut with which she larks here. Yes, Gauri's neurons are very special and well-trained to uphold the "House of Grey" (context: she is a fan of Game of Thrones series).

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

So sad @Aria you replied to Cheeniya's feedback to my thread but no feedback for my thread, thats not fare :cry:

10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Viji,

The word "happiness" infact seized my attention, and I landed in the thread, then distracted by Cheeniya's comment. Now you got me thinking about several trapdoors through which happiness can be sought in IL.

comment a thread.
    read the reciprocal comment.
    receive a "like"
    give a "like"
    nominate a thread.
    receive a nomination for your thread.
    read Cheeniya/Kamla's acknowledge
    chain your comment to aforementioned ack. ​

They talk of a blind spot in retina where the optic nerve exits the eye. I'd like to blame it for my lapse to comment on your thread but few have such receptive & uninterrupted vision of love and compassion to nudge me to adjust my lens at times.

I feel malnourished on my holistic happiness consumption in IL on reading your enumerated means to happiness. What can I say? I cried malnourished in the beginning but I can see now that the chub on my body is fed by singular evocative action which brings more joy than any of the above listed routes of happiness i.e, sulk and a cute pout from you (which I infer is reserved for people one cares or owns).

3 people like this.