1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

And then, there it was ......a rainbow!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 30, 2015.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[justify]Many days I have this moment where in go, "Good God! Shoot". No I am not in pain but when my mind does connecting of the dots, that is how I feel. And then there are days like today, I begin my day with the same phrase. When that happens, I know I need to pay attention and listen to it. The same message won't come over and over to you if you are not deeply thinking about it, does it? You know, the universe wanting to give what we are seeking, having no discernment, going with the flow and with a sense of humor, smiling telling us "You asked for it! Thathasthu!" and all that stuff? Anyways coming back to my 'Oh shoot' moment, it seems there is always a connection. How much ever I fret and think about my outward world, focusing on things that need to be taken care of for the day, it is the inner world that seems to have a better hold on me. It is very rarely that I go with that reaction when I am done with cooking or cleaning or reading. But when I am contemplating and through all of my actions that I have this aha moment that I do react loudly! Waking up to that moment is bliss I tell you!

I am supposed to be writing in my journal right at this moment, but here I am, writing here. No, this cannot be taken as my journal entry for the day. And for those of you curious about journaling, well it is an experiment I am working on and just two weeks into, it seems to be working! I love doing these kinds of things to myself. Every now and then I read a book, follow what they ask me to do diligently, see it work wonders and live in a state of awe. When a book like this comes my way, I accept with gratitude that perhaps that is what I need and pay attention to follow through. Just that realization every now and then that I am not alone, the realization that there is a bigger power solely listening to me with full attention, waiting for me to listen to her so that I can hear her whisper is magical I tell you. The author of this book believes that there is an inner artist in all of us, yes even the ones that can't hold a pencil straight to draw a line and through a series of assignments, helps us get in touch with that artist. Now what master piece we will produce in known only to us. And I do tend to agree with her for when I know there is creator, why not believe that there is an element of him or her in us too and tap into that potential? So here I am like a wood pecker, pecking away every single day to eventually see that home I can build for myself - that calm place where I can delve into whenever I need and relax.

Take for example another book that I was reading and another experiment that I was following. I was asked to make a wish - a wish that is quite dear to me and ask for a sign as well to appear in the next 15 mins or so to know if that wish will come true or not! Guess what, I make somewhat an outlandish wish. No, not really, I make an outlandish sign! And guess what, the pink car that I wished for as a sign was standing at the gas station, right at the signal I was waiting at and I spot it just as I press my gas pedal. You should have seen my reaction and the sense of awe that I had as I tried to take a peek at that car through my rear view mirrors! Now, I know that wishes do come true! But then, Richard Bach pops into my head reminding me "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." Now all I need to do is figure the 'work for it.' out is what I think.

That is not the point anyways, the point is about the Universe and it's sense of humor, it's sense of wanting to give what you wish for. My wish must have mattered to the Universe and so as if to remind me again and again, the Universe sends across a couple of pink vehicles my way every now and then - including a pink truck and a pink concrete mixer as well. I spot them here and there while driving you know and I am reminded of my little experiment and the wish. But I continue to live in my la la land, wishing, knowing well that things can happen, wondering if I am ready to receive. One day as I pull back my drive way, I am forced to stop. For, right behind me was a little pink jeep - the one that runs like a real one but only for kids, passing my way! As I wait for it to pass with the little kid who owns it waving at me, I realize that it belongs to my opposite house neighbor! Honestly, can you beat that sense of humor tell me? With a smile I realize for that little pink jeep is always out there reminding me of many things but more importantly of the joy I feel and the abundance in the Universe.

So coming back to that moment this morning, not knowing what or why, feeling a sense of deja vu and with a lightness in my step, I feel restless, a happy kind of restlessness - you know there is something out there but you know not what and involuntarily out of nowhere, I open the front door and then there it was .....a beautiful rainbow - no rain, nothing. So unexpected, so beautiful waiting patiently for me to get a look at it and soak up the beauty! I want to quantify what I feel, but the truth is I cannot. I am reminded of the rainbow my DD showed me last week after a rain, insisting it was visible only from her room and giving me a look of "Aha! I told you so!" when I brought her down and the rainbow had disappeared. I show my rainbow to her, much to her delight and joyful screams. We are so animated that a couple of others on their morning walks, stop look at the rainbow, take a picture and wave to us! Have we all not felt that when we see a shooting star or walking under a moon lit sky with that gentle summer breeze at our faces, kids walking fast with you to keep pace and the whole yard lit up with that gentle light! Oh how I love that and is there any wonder more than this?

[/justify]

9 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha, if there is one person who lives mindfully, it has to be you. I'd love to live mindfully, in fact, I really want to, but do I? Well ..... never mind! :-D

I can never stop being amazed at the kind of enchanted life you seem to live, but then it has to be a product of this mindfulness. Talking of that joy on beholding a rainbow, yes, it's so true - the excitement one feels, be it a rainbow or a star spangled sky in the forest (living in a concrete jungle, I have forgotten how many stars there are in the sky) ..... I can see the little lady following in your footsteps and feel happy to think there are kids around who know how to enjoy all the simple joys life has to offer. :-D

3 people like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nicely written...how so many little things escapes our attn..BTW I am seeing a pink iPad cover in front of me now :) Once I saw a double rainbow pulled over got a picture and my LO asked will there be a pot of gold on all the 4 ends? I wish I thought...

2 people like this.
  4. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

@Srama : lovely post. (@satchitananda I'm glad to know someone who lives in an enchanted world.)Your article has inspired me to come up with my magical moments. Will pen it. Please list the good books that you read. @jskls I happened to see a double rainbow once but before we could stop the car and take a picture one vanished. Thanks for the lovely post again.

2 people like this.
  5. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Wonder if you're an alchemist would you've distilled gold in a crucible from lead?
    Wonder if you're an escapologist would you've unlocked the bound chains?
    Wonder if you're a soprano would you've rolled the curtain with your concluding anthem?

Would like to say a BIG YES to all the above questions, who do you think she is ..

The world in which she lives, a world of hers that she has shaped with a lump of imaginative green clay today is enveloped in her stream of consciousness that outlives everything else growing within it. You have a wonderful voice to express, a beautiful sight to watch, an acute hearing to tune, but above all a lovely and delightful personality that I've known for some time who captivates me every time with her thematic posts. Though the repetitive riff of your articles is "mindful living", I feel the reason you have chosen that ink is not because of its connectivity with readers but that is the crest of your writing that allures the readers.

5 people like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

You should just tell my DH this okay - about me and being mindful especially when I have misplaced stuff! He wants me to be present here and now with problems while I am busy looking out of the window :biggrin2:

In all seriousness, thank you for your words. I am indeed blessed to have so much of nature around me that it allows me to escape, rejuvenate and get back to the tasks on hand! Where you live is not too bad compared to many other parts of the city. But I hear you - when I climb up the ISKCON hill and can see the stars a tad bit better and feel the breeze, I seem to finally breathe!

As for my kids, what choice do they have..there are days when they start with a "ayyoo...amma.." but then there are more days when they feel the urge to get out, walk bare foot and be outdoors! So!!

And then don't forget about that trip you need to make and I will show you my what you call my magic land :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you jskls! pink ipad cover!!! Talk of coincidence. Seriously, while doing those experiments, we were supposed to spot a certain color butterflies. We chose yellow wondering where we could see them in fall/winter and guess what, there they were on TV!!!

Double rainbows are so lovely no? I love spring, the showers, the flowers, the rainbows and if it a double, what more can we ask!

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

With that for a username, I can see already see the beauty of what you are about to write Latha! Can't wait to read.

Thank you for your words.

PS: I did take a look at some of you pictures...in photography. Lovely!

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

All I need is a little bit of Aria every now and then! You are so sweet and I do love interacting with you, all the time every single time.

I am ever so grateful to get such heart warming feed backs that I am always at a loss for words! I wish I were a writer in the true sense of the word and write for readers but I am always in my little world and ever grateful to have fellow companions from here. You know I am thankful for that!

And look at your words Aria. What poetry there! I could never have come up with "lump of imaginative green clay" and the sentence that follows!

You have been always there encouraging me and more importantly understanding me! Thank you for your feedback.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oops didn't mean to ignore this question. Just slipped my mind.

The three books that I read all the time, yes really all the time are Illusions and Johnathan Livingston by Richard Bach and Patanjali's Yoga Sutras :)

The two books that I refer to here in this snippet are E squared - real fun read, you know what I mean and "The Artist's way" - this is some work but happy to do it!

1 person likes this.